Lumia 950 delivery...tomorrow (11/18)?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So, unless I'm missing something, there's no double tap to wake, I can't find the setting for Hey Cortana, and the deal breaker for me is that the phone does not support hands free voice control in my 2015 Honda CR-V.

This sucks.

I won't have mine till tomorrow, but on windows phone 8, in the Bluetooth settings the was an option called "use alternate Bluetooth audio" after tapping the advanced options button. Only way voice commands work in my car (and don't max Bluetooth volume on the phone with this option selected)

just check my 920, which is on win10, the option is there too.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So, unless I'm missing something, there's no double tap to wake, I can't find the setting for Hey Cortana, and the deal breaker for me is that the phone does not support hands free voice control in my 2015 Honda CR-V.

This sucks.

I have Hey Cortana. Launch Cortana > Notebook >Settings. Mine is in there. However, you are correct about the double tap. :-(

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I won't have mine till tomorrow, but on windows phone 8, in the Bluetooth settings the was an option called "use alternate Bluetooth audio" after tapping the advanced options button. Only way voice commands work in my car (and don't max Bluetooth volume on the phone with this option selected)

just check my 920, which is on win10, the option is there too.

Unfortunately, this did not work. Still can't get voice command functions in my brand new car. So... Guess which one has to go?

ImageUploadedByWindows Central Forums1447887680.945546.jpg

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It is my understanding that the AT&T phones contain support for dual wireless charging: PMA in addition to Qi. I don't have any PMA accessories, so I'll be unable to test this, but Daniel Rubino says so...so no argument here!

All 950s are PMA-enabled. That's more a 950 vs 950XL thing than AT&T vs Microsoft. The XL won't have PMA.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, this did not work. Still can't get voice command functions in my brand new car. So... Guess which one has to go?

View attachment 116715

wonder if it's looking for a specific bluetooth profile.... this is the problem with bluetooth overall. despite being a "standard", not everythng works with all bluetooth devices. on mine (alpine aftermarket), years ago, i had to flash the european firmware that was a version # higher than the US version to get my phonebook to sync. I'm willing to bet this is more a honda issue rather than the phone, and i am not familiar enough with honda to know if they even release updates for their infotainment centers...

barnyr

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Bad luck for me. My 950 arrived in a box that was apparently run over by a truck. Screen is shattered on the device. I can't understand why the fedex driver would leave a smashed box on my porch. The return process will probably delay the arrival of my phone for weeks.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Bad luck for me. My 950 arrived in a box that was apparently run over by a truck. Screen is shattered on the device. I can't understand why the fedex driver would leave a smashed box on my porch. The return process will probably delay the arrival of my phone for weeks.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Maybe try going into an ATT store and see what they can do for you?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
take pics of the box and phone, send a claim to fedex and contact AT&T. Fedex should know better than leave a smashed box, especially since the drivers are directly responsible one they have it in their truck.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
All 950s are PMA-enabled. That's more a 950 vs 950XL thing than AT&T vs Microsoft. The XL won't have PMA.

Correction, it's a AT&T thing as they are in the PMA camp which is why they removed Qi Wireless from the 1520 at launch and were selling separate PMA covers.

The 950 for the rest of the world is only Qi Wireless capable not PMA capable and the same applies for the 950 XL.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Software updates can push via windows update for phones now I believe? Only need AT&T for firmware

MS has been saying that for years, don't believe the BS. Only critical updates or critical security updates are pushed that way, not OS updates.

If this finally changes, after years of them saying it would, I'll believe it when I see it.

Just install Windows Insider so you don't have to wait for AT&T.

Dan Ramirez

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Per Microsoft AT&T Lumia 950 listing...it shows Qi for wireless charging. Is this not the case...are we sure? Thanks for the confirmation on this, I receive my phone today and will not keep the AT&T version if that is the case.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Per Microsoft AT&T Lumia 950 listing...it shows Qi for wireless charging. Is this not the case...are we sure? Thanks for the confirmation on this, I receive my phone today and will not keep the AT&T version if that is the case.

well, i grab mine during lunch today (once i get delivery confirmation form UPS) and have a qi charger at home and at my desk....i do recall it supporting both, like the at&t 830.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss