Lumia 950 & 950 Dual SIM Specs + Features. Questions Welcome.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
And so it begins.......

Every new carrier phone should have a thread where owners report the little surprises the carrier included at no extra cost. Just ONE of the reasons, people should buy their phones from ANYONE but a carrier. It's about as good of an idea as if you were being tried for murder and hired the alleged victim's mother as your lawyer. The carrier has a conflict of interest when it sells phones.

And so it ends...

...as quickly as it began.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think every 950 XL is dual SIM.

I'm curious if only the unlocked 950 has dual SIM or if dual is even available in the US.

There are single sim and dual sim versions of both the Lumia 950 and the Lumia 950 XL. All in black or white. Plus AT&T version. 10 SKUs so far.

I do not have enough posts to post links yet. :( Please change the word "dot" to actual dots below.

Microsoft Lumia 950 (Single SIM)
wwwdotmicrosoftdotcom/en/mobile/phone/lumia950/

Microsoft Lumia 950 Dual SIM
wwwdotmicrosoftdotcom/en/mobile/phone/lumia950-dual-sim/

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL (Single SIM)
wwwdotmicrosoftdotcom/en/mobile/phone/lumia950-xl/

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Dual SIM
wwwdotmicrosoftdotcom/en/mobile/phone/lumia950-xl-dual-sim/

Unless the phone is specifically marketed as the "Dual SIM" variant (especially in the USA), it is safest to assume that the model only supports a single SIM.

I sure hope that Microsoft offers the Lumia 950 Dual SIM in the USA. Having both business and personal SIMs on the same phone would be awesome. I also hope they offer both colors. For whatever reason, microsoftstore.com only shows one version of the 950 (black?).

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone who is using the Lumia 950 tell the file manager integration with email please?

While you're composing an email, can you attach multiple files from dropbox? From within the email app, not going outside to dropbox and sharing the files via email. This is one of the most productive feature that's required for business. Please advise

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
It appears to be official. The unlocked Lumia 950 from the Microsoft Store is Dual SIM.

[I do not have enough posts yet to be able to post links. Change the word dot to a period in the URLs below.]

The unlocked Lumia 950, from the microsoft store, is Dual SIM.
wwwdotmicrosoftstoredotcom/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950--Unlocked/productID.326602600
Connectivity: "Dual Nano SIM"

The AT&T branded Lumia 950 is just Single SIM:
wwwdotmicrosoftstoredotcom/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/AT-T--Microsoft-Lumia-950/productID.330607700
Connectivity: "Nano SIM"

P.S.Expat-GAD picked up his unlocked Lumia 950 at the Microsoft Store today. Here is his post, including a photo of the box which says "Dual SIM" on the side.
forumsdotwindowscentraldotcom/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/390407-47.htm#post3310544

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It appears to be official. The unlocked Lumia 950 from the Microsoft Store is Dual SIM.

[I do not have enough posts yet to be able to post links. Change the word dot to a period in the URLs below.]

wwwdotmicrosoftstoredotcom/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Microsoft-Lumia-950--Unlocked/productID.326602600
Connectivity: "Dual Nano SIM"

The AT&T branded Lumia 950 is just Single SIM:
wwwdotmicrosoftstoredotcom/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/AT-T--Microsoft-Lumia-950/productID.330607700
Connectivity: "Nano SIM"

P.S.Expat-GAD picked up his unlocked Lumia 950 at the Microsoft Store today. Here is his post, including a photo of the box which says "Dual SIM" on the side.

Do you know if the UK ones from the Microsoft Store are single or dual sim? Just so I know whether or not I'm importing from Denmark. I can import from Denmark and still use my warranty thanks to EU rules, but I'd rather get direct from UK if possible.

Prefix

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I had a conversation with MS Support, and they actually told me that currently both att and unlocked version have only one sim. When I asked about that web page that says "dual sim" support person told me that it's just a mistake on the page and it's a single sim. And they are going to release dual sim phones, but release date is unknown yet. The conversation was on 11/24/2015.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey Prefix,

I had a conversation with MS Support, and they actually told me that currently both att and unlocked version have only one sim. When I asked about that web page that says "dual sim" support person told me that it's just a mistake on the page and it's a single sim. And they are going to release dual sim phones, but release date is unknown yet. The conversation was on 11/24/2015.

Many Windows Central visitors picked up their Lumia 950s at the Microsoft Store this week. They picked up Dual SIM models, so it is definitely shipping and available today from the Microsoft Store. Here is a post from Expat-GAD, with a photo of the box which says "Dual SIM" on the side in the product name.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Do you know if the UK ones from the Microsoft Store are single or dual sim? Just so I know whether or not I'm importing from Denmark. I can import from Denmark and still use my warranty thanks to EU rules, but I'd rather get direct from UK if possible.

Unfortunately I only know about the phones delivered in the USA. Other countries may get the Single SIM version or the Double SIM version or have both available, depending on the country.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
One more important note...it looks like Dual SIM/Unlocked Lumia 950s may not support some of the AT&T features like Visual Voice Mail or HD Voice.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
One more important note...it looks like Dual SIM/Unlocked Lumia 950s may not support some of the AT&T features like Visual Voice Mail or HD Voice.
Maybe. So far all I know is: those features don't work AND someone said it was because they are dual SIM. It sounds plausible but I still haven't seen any reliable confirmation of that. Anyone have a link to a known reliable source? Hate to see everyone stop looking for the cause or the solution because they think its a dead issue.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
VVM is baked into the OS. No firmware is special to the AT&T model in terms of VVM.

AT&T branded handsets are having hit and miss issues with VVM set up. See this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950/395059-no-visual-voice-mail-new-post.html AT&T users are showing fixes to configure VVM. Try these with a Factory Unlocked before throwing in the towel.

Likewise HD voice. It is baked into the OS. For it to work your APN must be configured properly (nxtgenphone), your present location needs to be enabled via ATT for HD Voice on the towers and both the sending and receiving phone must be capable and configured phone side + carrier side for HD Voice. Otherwise you get an old school connection.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

My 950 unlocked arrived Thursday and it is a dual sim model.

Prefix

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey Prefix,
Many Windows Central visitors picked up their Lumia 950s at the Microsoft Store this week. They picked up Dual SIM models, so it is definitely shipping and available today from the Microsoft Store. Here is a post from Expat-GAD, with a photo of the box which says "Dual SIM" on the side in the product name.
My 950 unlocked arrived Thursday and it is a dual sim model.

Thanks guys, it means that I was misinformed. Will visit my store and check if 950 unlocked is available.

Prefix

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
You were right guys, just visited my local store few hours ago and bought lumia 950 dual sim :)

950 XL was out of stock, they said they aready have 20 pre-orders on XL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)