Lumia 950 & 950 Dual SIM Specs + Features. Questions Welcome.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to install Lumia camera classic or Lumia camera beta?

Those functions have been folded into the standard Camera App in 10. At least that is my understanding. So they would not be available through the Store. However, if you developer unlock your phone and sideload it may work. No way to tell until someone tries.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I know but some settings are missing in the new app. On my 830 I was able to install Lumia camera classic and also Lumia camera beta, so I wonder if 950 owners can do the same.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Looking at getting a dual sim 950 so I can combine my work/personal numbers.

Can anyone tell me the specifics of using dual sim vs a single sim(Aside from the 300mbps vs 150mbps indicated in the OP)? I know some dual sim phones the second sim operates at 2g, is that the case here or do both sims support LTE? I'm not finding much info on this. Since I would be occasionally be switching which line is my data connection(which I'm lead to be believe is possible) it would be nice to know.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking at getting a dual sim 950 so I can combine my work/personal numbers.

Can anyone tell me the specifics of using dual sim vs a single sim(Aside from the 300mbps vs 150mbps indicated in the OP)? I know some dual sim phones the second sim operates at 2g, is that the case here or do both sims support LTE? I'm not finding much info on this. Since I would be occasionally be switching which line is my data connection(which I'm lead to be believe is possible) it would be nice to know.

On Windows Phone, only one SIM at a time may access 3G/LTE. It is user selectable in the SIM settings.

Agave AZUL

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
After reading this on the dual sim inquiries,
I just wonder if MS is releasing a said quantity of these to market.
I would assume that they are targeting businesses needing these and an in field test in use by us months ahead.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why MS decide to release the dual sim version in Canada, I don't know anyone need that in my life, and it is reallyy annoying seethe no sim icon at the notification bar. hope they can add the option to remove that in the future.

Uckange9

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Where is the space in the 950 gone for the dual sim in the 950 dual sim. Does it have a bigger battery or is the speed of LTE download the only difference.

blackburberry

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why MS decide to release the dual sim version in Canada, I don't know anyone need that in my life, and it is reallyy annoying seethe no sim icon at the notification bar. hope they can add the option to remove that in the future.

This is unlikely the reason MS is selling the dual sim in Canada, but consider that the majority of Canada's population resides close the US border so a dual sim phone would be useful in reducing roaming fees for those traveling regularly to the US.
?\_(ツ)_/?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: 950XL single sim or 950 XL dual Sim

Can anyone confirm this? I have two sims in China right now. Sim 2 is 2G only.

Cat 4 for dual SIM and Cat 6 for single SIM is the listed spec. The only way to confirm is if someone with both a single and a dual had service on a Cat 6 carrier network and ran speed tests. Cat 4 is 150mbps downlink. Cat 6 is 300mbps downlink. I don't think any carrier network is supporting those speeds ATM.

For Windows Phone and W10M devices only one SIM at a time may access H+/LTE. It is selectable in the Cellular & SIM settings. Are you saying you cannot access Data on SIM slot 2 at all?​ Or just not simultaneously along with SIM slot 1?

ma678

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I was wrong. Yes, I am able to choose which sim to use data under Mobile & Sim settings. No device is able to have dual LTE standby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte