08-27-2018 03:15 AM
419 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Ok, my lumia 950 have annoying bug (started annoying while ago). When i use my phone and read something, and before screen turns off, it goes little darker, so i have time to tap on screen and read or watch what i want. Now the problem is, everytime i tap, the tap acts like long press. So when i'm on start screen, it unlocks tiles and when i'm on edge, little window pops up and says select all and so on....Anybody with same little but annoying issue? It acts same even when i don't tap but scroll over the screen!
    02-25-2016 11:47 AM
    I have the same problem as some others on my 950 with all my custom sounds having been eradicated by the last update.
    It is possible to install the Ringtone Maker app form the store, which will let you get some functionality back, but it's still pretty broken. And it deleted my ringtone files; which is a massive OS updates no, no. What a screw up by MS on their premium phone.
    Bonnie Bonzai and foodlover36 like this.
    03-01-2016 08:36 AM
    Hi there,

does anybode else got this problem?

My Lumia 950 just randomly turns off and i'm not able to turn it on again until I remove the battery pack and reinstate it.
    It just look like my battery pack and my device loose connection for some reason?
    Should i get a new phone from Microsoft?

Greetings
    Maik
    foodlover36 likes this.
    03-02-2016 03:35 AM
    My Lumia 950 just randomly turns off and i'm not able to turn it on again until I remove the battery pack and reinstate it.
    It just look like my battery pack and my device loose connection for some reason?
    Should i get a new phone from Microsoft?
    I had to work on the batteries contact pins so they gripped the phone's contacts more firmly. Before I did that, the phone would randomly crash when "thrown" on a desk. So, if you feel confident about DIY (just use a sharp little *plastic* pin to pry the battery contacts) then it can be fixed in no time. The easy way would be to get a new battery from Microsoft...
    03-02-2016 10:41 AM
    Windows Hello (Beta) Iris Scan Setup issue/error message. Microsoft Lumia 950. Im trying to set up the Iris option in Windows hello (Beta) and it comes up with an error every time ? I go to sign in options, then go to the Iris set up, then to get started, then enter pin which I have set up, push next, every time it says: Sorry something went wrong, close Windows Hello, then try going through setup again. The red light does come on in the top corner and it seems to be scanning very briefly before this error message comes up.

Is there a fix for this??
    03-02-2016 05:09 PM
    This is my beautiful story:

I got my Lumia 950 last week. It definitely has its flaws and bugs, even on the latest FW, but I thought they were minor ones.

I then got myself a 64 Gb Sandisk Ultra Pro (UHS-I 3) to record 4K as much as I wanted.

My problems started when Whatsapp stopped sending messages.

I thought it was a matter of resetting the phone to its factory state. So I did. No success.

After quite a while, perhaps a full day, I've learned that you simply cannot set new pictures to be saved on your SD card.

It's either that or the perfect functionality of whatsapp. You simply can't have both.

But that's not the worst part.

When I get back to the option of saving new pictures on my phone, I've lost all the videos and pictures on my SD Card.

How intelligent must these guys in charge of WM10 be?

Man, I am so happy!

EDIT:

If you find yourself in this unbelievably ridiculous position, use the RECUVA app (PC) and it will get all your files back.

I can't believe I am facing such a basic problem like this in 2016.

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by PauloP; 03-02-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    Christopher Moor likes this.
    03-02-2016 08:57 PM
    Strangely, all MS word, excel and powerpoint is now forcing me to subscribe to office 365 in order to edit documents in my L950. All i can do, is just view the documents.

I thought only when using continum we need office 365 subscription. Anyone facing this issue?
    03-03-2016 05:36 PM
    My phone still gives me the option to read or ignore texts while listening to a bluetooth speaker, but it no longer takes any action if I say either one. Any fix to that? This started after one of the updates.
    03-04-2016 10:18 AM
    Strangely, all MS word, excel and powerpoint is now forcing me to subscribe to office 365 in order to edit documents in my L950. All i can do, is just view the documents.

I thought only when using continum we need office 365 subscription. Anyone facing this issue?
    Somebody had posted this elsewhere;
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...ml#post3424371
    Maybe you just need to log out and back in Office
    03-04-2016 10:43 PM
    I have a Cortana bug or issue. I can use Cortana to search for something, say "pink elephant." Cortana will bring up results quickly. I can select the "Images" tab and see thumbnails of images. But when I select a certain image, I get the circle-dot loading animation that never loads the image. I can use Edge to go to bing.com and perform the same search and the images load perfectly fine.
    03-18-2016 02:28 PM
    Saved pictures bug: When I go to onedrive and the saved pictures folder and then save one of those pictures to my phone, it creates a duplicate of the picture on onedrive.
    03-18-2016 02:34 PM
    Data usage bug: In my settings under data usage, it shows usage by SIM 2, even though I have never had a SIM card in SIM 2. It appears to just be mislabeled.

wp_ss_20160318_0001.jpg
    03-18-2016 02:43 PM
    Well, i wonder why i cant connect to my works wifi, home it works. all other places it works. Is it because the router at work maybe is 8 years old? all other phones i used worked there. Is it like a new gen wifi on this phone? xD
    fly_branch likes this.
    03-20-2016 08:12 PM
    There is still a Outlook.com email syncing issue on my AT&T Branded 950:
    Firmware: 01078.00038.16025.39033 (latest version just released)

This has been going on from the stock OS, and firmware...Complete, clean hard reset, no backups..
    Had a 'contact' in both Outlook.com and Gmail. com......edited both via Windows 10 PC....synced performed on both accounts via PC People app...Sync then performed on both Gmail.com account contact, and then Sync performed on Outlook.com account contact..
    Result on 950--->Gmail.com account contact updates correctly....Outlook.com DOES NOT.....very disappointed with this...
    Going to Feedback threads, many discussions on this....
    Last edited by gahbmwm5; 03-21-2016 at 12:36 AM.
    03-21-2016 12:17 AM
    I have a Lumia 950 Dual sim which just freezes (when browsing an having many tabs open; opening multiple pictures from facebook; switching between apps) and then in 5 second it restarts... like once a day, not more...
    It used to also have sudden crashed mostly with whatsapp but that seems do be solved.
    I usually in the field medic get
    OS Crash 00000014
    OS Crash 00000117
    OS Crash 00000EF
    Crash dwm.exe
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-01-2016 06:17 AM
    have similar issues, but not necessarily during calls, but mostly when multiple apps are open, many tabs in edge or looking at facebook pipcs whcih need to load... it freezes for some seconds, nothing works anymore and then it restarts
    04-01-2016 06:23 AM
    Go to open my Lumia 950. Screen frozen. Go to answer a call, screen frozen, no history of the call, have to hard reset. USB cable just stopped working. Only phone charger works now. How do I get the Data Usage as an icon on Start? I've been on Windows Phone since the Lumia 920 in 2011. I'm really disapointed with 10. There is no way the Developers are using these Lumia 950's as daily drivers. Overall feel of the 950 interface? I picked up my Lumia 920 again, the feel is like night and day. The 920 is far better and more fluid than the 950. I am just not enjoying the 950 at all. I may just buy a box of 920's and shelve the 950 until they get a new team on the project that actually uses the devices and fixes them.
    04-05-2016 12:50 PM
    Go to open my Lumia 950. Screen frozen. Go to answer a call, screen frozen, no history of the call, have to hard reset. USB cable just stopped working. Only phone charger works now. How do I get the Data Usage as an icon on Start? I've been on Windows Phone since the Lumia 920 in 2011. I'm really disapointed with 10. There is no way the Developers are using these Lumia 950's as daily drivers. Overall feel of the 950 interface? I picked up my Lumia 920 again, the feel is like night and day. The 920 is far better and more fluid than the 950. I am just not enjoying the 950 at all. I may just buy a box of 920's and shelve the 950 until they get a new team on the project that actually uses the devices and fixes them.
    If you have dual sim, remove 2nd sim.
    If not do a hard reset.Which build do you have?
    04-11-2016 02:06 PM
    After the latest update I found that my bluetooth (on my Lumia 950) will not connect to my car, anyone else have this happen? What to do?
    fly_branch likes this.
    04-18-2016 05:49 PM
    After the latest update I found that my bluetooth (on my Lumia 950) will not connect to my car, anyone else have this happen? What to do?
    Make the phone to forget the bluetooth device (car) and set it up again....
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-19-2016 01:11 PM
    Make the phone to forget the bluetooth device (car) and set it up again....
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion, I did try it but my vehicle still won't recognize the phone. It did originally but after the latest update of my Lumia, my car now doesn't recognize it.
    04-21-2016 11:39 AM
    Is this phone MONO or am I having a problem? Using a headphone into the P2 port the sound is only mono. Tested with Groove, Youtube and other apps.
    04-23-2016 12:07 AM
    I had to work on the batteries contact pins so they gripped the phone's contacts more firmly. Before I did that, the phone would randomly crash when "thrown" on a desk. So, if you feel confident about DIY (just use a sharp little *plastic* pin to pry the battery contacts) then it can be fixed in no time. The easy way would be to get a new battery from Microsoft...
    Man you just saved me some real frustration! My 950 has been rebooting at random times and it was all related to a jolt, bump or even just laying the phone down on the table. I thought the SD card data might be causing a total freakout of the system because I'm on the FastRing preview of WM10.

I moved the pins a bit further up - put the battery back in and treated the phone in ways that usually cause a reboot and it didn't reboot at all! Thanks so much for the tip.
    04-25-2016 04:12 PM
    I have ordered 950 xl... and just came across this thread. its giving me heart attack :(
    04-28-2016 05:33 AM
    Man you just saved me some real frustration! My 950 has been rebooting at random times and it was all related to a jolt, bump or even just laying the phone down on the table. I thought the SD card data might be causing a total freakout of the system because I'm on the FastRing preview of WM10.

I moved the pins a bit further up - put the battery back in and treated the phone in ways that usually cause a reboot and it didn't reboot at all! Thanks so much for the tip.
    Hey there!
    I have the same problem with my L950, sometimes when I put it on a table, it instantly reboots... seems to be a loose connection.
    Could you please elaborate on how you did your tweaks to the battery? Which pins need to be adjusted in order to "strenghten" their grip?

Thanks in advance!
    05-03-2016 09:15 AM
419 ... 1213141516 ...