04-07-2017 06:51 AM
418 ... 1314151617
tools
    What about the battery drain, is fixed?
    05-03-2016 01:28 PM
    GUYS I NEED HELP!.. NOW MY PHONE IS A BRICK! i cant do anything with it. it keeps reboot with :-( face, tried with the windows device recovery tool 3.4.34 and it says software installation failed. What should I do now ?
    05-12-2016 10:55 AM
    GUYS I NEED HELP!.. NOW MY PHONE IS A BRICK! i cant do anything with it. it keeps reboot with :-( face, tried with the windows device recovery tool 3.4.34 and it says software installation failed. What should I do now ?

Don't panic. Download windows recovery tool and flash your device.
    05-12-2016 11:27 AM
    OK NOW ITS WORK! you know what is the issue ? THE USB 3.0! I unplugged the device, switch to usb 2.0 it work smoothly. Darn!
    Attached Thumbnails failed.jpg  
    Last edited by rahmanadmara; 05-12-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    05-12-2016 11:33 AM
    I love the phone. Windows 10 is running smoothly on the device.
    But when I tried playing games, the phone started lagging. I played Shadow Fight and On The Run. Both of theses games are not that graphic intensive I guess, and they used to run very smoothly on my old Lumia 920. I don't understand what the problem is.
    Also during video playback it skips frames a lot and again the Lumia 920 runs them without any hiccups.
    05-15-2016 10:26 AM
    Cortana is still broken on my phone, I have t-mobile dual-sim US version. latest release no insider builds. I open cortana, write a search phrase, or do voice recognition. And it closes itself :) This happens a couple of times until cortana gets back to normal. Is this happening to only to me?
    05-17-2016 12:40 AM
    Help! With one of the recent updates, the dictate button has disappeared! the setting is selected in Keyboard settings. Any ideas?
    05-17-2016 12:03 PM
    Since Here maps was freezing all the time, and it was going to expire this summer I uninstalled it. But I think it effected microsoft maps, and the voice navigation is gone. I mean navigation is there but the voice is gone, it's not telling me turn left/right.
    05-17-2016 07:08 PM
    Solved it. But not happy with the fix. I am in Canada and so have the Canadian keyboard. I had to add the US keyboard, then the dictate button reappeared. (This button was visible before with the Canadian keyboard)
    05-17-2016 07:23 PM
    Has anyone else got a "choppy playback" issue for audio? The audio will hang for a fraction of a second every few seconds. The problem is occassionally not present, but once it starts, all players are affected (Groove, Spotify, Podcast). The weird thing is, call audio is fine, and video audio is also fine. It's really annoying!

I've tried hard and soft resets. I've tried shutdown, remove battery and wait 30s, restart. I've tried the default Win 10, the Slow Insider build, and the Fast Insider build (14332). I've tried the Device Recovery Tool. Device soft reset. I've rebuilt it 4 times now. Any other suggestions??? feels like it might be a HW fault
    05-17-2016 08:01 PM
    Not sure if this is a 950 issue or a W10M issue, but after the last update (to 10586.318) I no longer have the option to assign sounds to anything but the phone ringtone. My phone does not make any sound for texts, messages, notifications or anything else. Only the ringtone and keyboard make any sound at all. Anyone else have this issue and, if so, do you know how to fix it? My wife is ready to kill me for not answering her texts...
    05-20-2016 02:27 PM
    when you are on a phone call, there is no way of figuring out how much battery you have left. Like right now, I cannot see how much power left. Is there a way?
    05-27-2016 02:26 AM
    It's not exactly a bug but I still want to share the pain. Since the facebook app is notoriously slow, I use the mobile version of facebook on edge. But when you are scrolling edge (or the facebook mobile page) is too quick to register your initial touch as a button press. and if you are not careful about where you initially touch on the page you may end up liking or 'loving' random posts, or even accidentally adding people. I don't remember this being a problem with any another phone. I've been using smart phones for so many years I'm guessing my scrolling patterns has not changed unless I'm developing some parkinson's. Seriously, facebook situation is annoying.
    06-01-2016 02:16 AM
    another 'not a bug but it's annoying' issue is that the Bluetooth button at the action center. In windows phone 8.1 you would simply click it and it would change it's color as a feedback (not tactile but still). It would turn on Bluetooth either immediately or after a while, but once you see the feedback you can continue doing whatever you're doing.

In windows phone 10 you have to wait until the Bluetooth turns on to see the feedback from the button. Which can take a couple of seconds. Why do I have to meaninglessly stare to the screen try to decide if my click/touch is registered or should I click again. If you click again then it's a disaster. What's the purpose of this lag, which seems to be non existent for flash light for example. Why did they have to change the behavior that was working really well in 8.1? If the Bluetooth fails to start, while it shouldn't, I can go back and check. May be it's not a big deal. but there are so many of these little deals.
    06-01-2016 02:26 PM
    data usage details show Facebook used 4.06gb of data in the last month. I don't even use Facebook app. I use the webpage. It's not even in battery usage top 10 list. If you are wondering where did you use you data or how your battery is drained. I think this is the answer. Facebook constantly tries to sync your facebook contacts and calendar events to your phone contacts and events. Which is not a bad thing. But If I'm not mistaken previously (windows 8.1) this was handled by microsoft servers to figure out the differences and sync them then they were sent to your phone. Now the burden is on your phone. It seems like constantly downloading high resolution profile pictures. Correct me if I'm wrong or explain to me, why the heck an app that I don't open uses 4gb data, or why the syncing takes forever, and how it is so efficient that it doesn't even show up in battery usage while downloading this 4gb of data.

None of these problems existed in 8.1. There were other problems that I expected to be better in windows 10, but this is ridiculous.
    06-01-2016 06:30 PM
    I am so disappointed with my 950 I can't even tell you. I have had cheap WP's for years and loved them! WP7-WP8.1, great experiences and never wanted to go to an android or iOS....ever. All my other WP's cost $100 or less. I decided to treat myself and finally buy a high end smart phone this year. First time ever. My god what a crap decision. I really just want all my money back. This thing crashes all the time, randomly changes settings, live tiles stop syncing, stop displaying incoming messages, Cortana NEVER works when you need it. Whats the point if you have to go in and relaunch her? When Im driving and I say Hey Cortana, wake up! Hello sucks, only works indoors and at night. The list goes on for days and I don't want to type it all. Now they take away Onedrive storage space?? The only thing better about this phone than my budget ones is that the screen is bigger and looks sharper. So disappointed and upset about spending my hard earned money on this device and MS just doesnt care. I am a loyal MS customer and they won't help me or make things right, they just push blame. Saddens me. I think I may just throw it away and give up on telephones. Call my landline and maybe I'll be home.....
    06-27-2016 07:37 PM
    Hi ,

Today i purchased a new lumia 950. Below are the issues.
    - SIM is detected but no signal (done force restart also)
    -My phone is not detecting Bluetooth devices
    - small pink light at left top corner when mobile is swiched on
    07-26-2016 05:11 AM
    Hi @lavanya123 where are you located and how much you paid? Try updating to latest firmware and OS (either stable to testing version) - also note new release is coming next week ! Browse around this forum for lots of threads with useful info.
    07-26-2016 08:42 AM
    Hello. My lumia 950 does wrong while editing slow motion. I have rs1 393.5 and all apps updated. After recording all is ok. Problem comes after editing slow motion video. its look like this. 128764d1469229557t-wp_ss_20160722_0001.jpg
    Im sure microsoft photos is guilty. Someone got the same?
    08-03-2016 05:33 PM
    I have a random issue where I can't move around the photo I just took with one finger after I zoom using a two finger pinch. Been like that since early July I think.
    08-04-2016 08:07 AM
    Few problems I have noticed with build 14393.5 (Preview Release) on my AT&T locked Lumia 950...

1) Through the audio jack, headphones OR aux cord to jack into my car, all audio is garbled, and sounds like a combination of poor web-streaming, and totally missing an audio channel. If I roll back to production, the issue does not exist.

2) Audio coming out of the phone speaker with 14393.5 is majorly degraded - again, if I rollback to production, the audio quality is great.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
    08-04-2016 02:18 PM
    Lumia 950 on Latest Insider Build 14393.5
    Noticed a battery Icon % issue that COULD be causing Battery drain /reporting issues.
    I noticed today that my Battery icon was about 1/2 full.
    I plugged my phone into my charger, I left my office for about 20 mins.
    When I came back, I noticed phone was charging and showed 64% charged.
    I decided to reboot my phone while still charging, It rebooted and now shows Fully Charged 100%!!
    As I write this note, My Lumia is unplugged and I checked icon is now showing 99%.
    Seems like a charging Bug to me... anyone else confirm on theirs?
    I sent feedback to Microsoft..
    Thanks, dave
    08-05-2016 12:06 PM
    Got a 950 from ATT yesterday, ran it to 14393.5 and then wiped it. restored my 830 backup and it works fine except it randomly freezes at the glance screen, only a battery take out will fix it.
    08-07-2016 01:46 PM
    I actually had similar issues with my Lumia 950 when trying out various insider previews (slow and fast ring). My fix was doing a factory reset and not using any previous restore points when resetting my phone. I simply let my phone grab the latest updates and reinstalled my apps and re-set up my accounts. Since then my phone has been operating perfectly with no resets and no issues using dual languages (English/Thai). Hope this helps.
    08-07-2016 03:50 PM
    on 14393.5 my battery life is terrible, I can leave the phone sit by itself for 6 hours and lose 30% battery. The phone says its Edge and Start. I don't get it. I might go back to 10586, I really wanted the panorama in the camera app tho.
    08-09-2016 08:24 PM
418 ... 1314151617