Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

Gary Wu

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Good night, someone knows please help me, I have luimia 950 xl and thought he had 3G RAM but when I test the RAM see in test applications that actually he only have 2048 mb, it is normal?
Thank you ,
Don't trust test application as it always recognize RAM less. Never mind it if your 950xl is bought from official channel.

Robert Heinrich

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have a question about calendar... with the latest update do you still have this issue that it's impossible to go back to "today"?
I mean, when I open calendar it shows today's date, after I scroll through months/days searching a specific date... it's impossible to go back to the "today's date" by clicking the bottom menu icon. it jumps from one day to another, but never correct one...

This is the one thing I do not like about W10. The Outlook calendar is a disaster all around. My calendar app on wp8.1 was simple and perfect. With the new Outlook one, you cannot even decipher the day because it is barely highlighted and everything about the calendar sucks. I recommend installing My Calendar from the store. It is a much better calendar than the stock one baked into the OS.

My Calendar will sync all your accounts the same way, but you can see it like a human being now. I just wanted the ability to open it and see the month like a calendar. I guess Microsoft figured that wasn't a good idea.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
the random restarts seems to be highly correlated with pressing the windows button when doing heavy chatting in facebook messenger or whatsapp. But also receiving a skype call (with the regular app) when the screen is locked had the same effect and restarted the phone.

I suppose developer managers are not using facebook messgenger, whatsapp, or skype calls. Just checking the weather, by opening the weather app, since the live tile seems to be broken too. shows me the night time weather 10 am in the morning.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues when listening to a voicemail you hit the phone icon to call the person back, the phone dials and cortona opens, the phone call shrinks to the top of the screen. When you hit the call to expand, it opens and shuts quickly and cortona remains on the screen and you can't access the phone app.. I end up having to soft reset the phone inorder to resolve

oldmanjohn

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi
lets assume that you use windows hello and you are unlocked, depending on how long you have set you phone to time out to lock will depend on what happens. For instance my phone is set to lock after 15 minutes so when i log in using hello i can dip in and out and bypass login by swiping up on screen. after 15 mins of inactivity it locks and i have to log on again. I guess it would be better to go straight to the start screen if still logged in, maybe an update will sort that out. Still playing with my phone and learning....

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
If it would go straight to the screen than accidental touches wil happen in different apps because of accidental screen turned on...

Is a precaution measure, which is welcome, as many times i've called somebody by mistake, or sent an empty sms, or whatnot...

Sent from mTalk

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
when talking on the phone today, I needed to check my calendar. Changed to speaker phone. opened the calendar app, checked something. Tried to close it. And the phone became unresponsive. Phone call went on for 5-10 more seconds until the phone restarted itself. Terrible stability from what I have seen so far. Would this happen when you are on a 911 call too?

Stability wise it is by far worse than 8.1, but I think it is even worse than 8.0. This is probably 7.0 grade. Unbelievable MS, unbelievable.

I have dual-sim, unlocked, US, on T-mobile, with OS build xxx.29, have all the updates available. Started from a blank phone instead of restoring my old 8.1 system. No insider builds.

SteggyDad

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Main issues I have been seeing are around Blue Tooth:

If texts come in while one is being read to me over blue tooth, I get no notification about new texts.
Sometimes the volume for notifications goes to zero when I connect to BT. Which is a pain when I am not on BT and a phone call/text comes in I don't hear anything.

Other issue is the display is slow to refresh at times, noticeable lag.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
when talking on the phone today, I needed to check my calendar. Changed to speaker phone. opened the calendar app, checked something. Tried to close it. And the phone became unresponsive. Phone call went on for 5-10 more seconds until the phone restarted itself. Terrible stability from what I have seen so far. Would this happen when you are on a 911 call too?

Stability wise it is by far worse than 8.1, but I think it is even worse than 8.0. This is probably 7.0 grade. Unbelievable MS, unbelievable.

I have dual-sim, unlocked, US, on T-mobile, with OS build xxx.29, have all the updates available. Started from a blank phone instead of restoring my old 8.1 system. No insider builds.

.29 is mine phone build too. I have very happy with it. No big problems.

Artem Dolya

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I came from Lumia 1520 and Windows Phone 8.1

First device Lumia 950 I returned, but now I see that the problem was in version of windows mobile().
The first impression from the second phone is it is heating(first phone was cold, and this one is like heater).
Yes restart helps. According to applications, about 30% was eaten by Windows Phone.

I made Hard reset. It was very hard to work with phone (Install upgrades, application were closing after first launch) till first Upgrade.

• The phone still heating
  • From time-to-time the phone freezes(last time it was while working with EDGE browser) and restart. I suspect this is a problem of Iris(I disabled this feature, I'll come back with result later, if the problem is gone).
  • Applications downloaded fast. But installation process is can take minutes(I tested the same on WP 8.1 it's faster on my old Lumia 1520)
  • I couldn't use Cortana for my region on WP 8.1, and now it even gone from Windows 10. But I was able to push "Search" button and using voice commands to tell "Call boss" and it was dialing. It was a very useful feature, since I was using it in my car's media. Now I'm able to use Siri, and if the old phone connected via bluetooth, but I can't use on new Windows 10. Where did it go?
  • And bluetooth... I can't connect to my PC, it connects and drops the connection in a minute. And even when I'm connected to bluetooth in a car, during a call it breaks the call and also it breaks the connection (Blutooth) I'm not able to connect again, for a few minutes...(The same problem was with first device, which I returned)

Please help.
1. How to enable voice control on WM 10?
2. Is it normal that it's still heating? While I was trying to surf the app's from store, I had to charge the phone twice a day
3. Why do I loose the Bluetooth connection?

P.S. I'm using the Insider build now 1511
Thanks.

Jeff Lyon

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had my 950 for just over a month and I am having an issue that is really annoying. About 90% of the time the WiFi will not connect. See attached pic. If I restart the phone it resolves the problem about half the time but what a major pain it is to just connect to a WiFi router/access point. It doesnt matter if it is 2.4 or 5Ghz, work or home. Any ideas?wp_ss_20160125_0002.jpg

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
my biggest concern is that I am having at least two random restarts a day. Texting, using messenger, having a phone call. it restarts when I am in the middle of something, and there is no pattern. It just feels random times.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Main issues I have been seeing are around Blue Tooth:

If texts come in while one is being read to me over blue tooth, I get no notification about new texts.
Sometimes the volume for notifications goes to zero when I connect to BT. Which is a pain when I am not on BT and a phone call/text comes in I don't hear anything.

Other issue is the display is slow to refresh at times, noticeable lag.
I have to turn BT off and on in my Jeep calls come in all garbled and ****. BT is basically broken.

tee74

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
i think this is a bug...version 1511, OS build: 10.0.10586.29.

i just got this phone yesterday, traded in my s6 edge.

when i setup my hotmail account, i dont see my contact or calendar on/off toggle only my email. but when setup my gmail account i see all 3 sync on/off toggle option (email, calendar, contact) how do i sync my contact from hotmail? dont want to use my gmail.

Artem Dolya

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I came from Lumia 1520 and Windows Phone 8.1

First device Lumia 950 I returned, but now I see that the problem was in version of windows mobile().
The first impression from the second phone is it is heating(first phone was cold, and this one is like heater).
Yes restart helps. According to applications, about 30% was eaten by Windows Phone.

I made Hard reset. It was very hard to work with phone (Install upgrades, application were closing after first launch) till first Upgrade.

• The phone still heating
  • From time-to-time the phone freezes(last time it was while working with EDGE browser) and restart. I suspect this is a problem of Iris(I disabled this feature, I'll come back with result later, if the problem is gone).
  • Applications downloaded fast. But installation process is can take minutes(I tested the same on WP 8.1 it's faster on my old Lumia 1520)
  • I couldn't use Cortana for my region on WP 8.1, and now it even gone from Windows 10. But I was able to push "Search" button and using voice commands to tell "Call boss" and it was dialing. It was a very useful feature, since I was using it in my car's media. Now I'm able to use Siri, and if the old phone connected via bluetooth, but I can't use on new Windows 10. Where did it go?
  • And bluetooth... I can't connect to my PC, it connects and drops the connection in a minute. And even when I'm connected to bluetooth in a car, during a call it breaks the call and also it breaks the connection (Blutooth) I'm not able to connect again, for a few minutes...(The same problem was with first device, which I returned)

Please help.
1. How to enable voice control on WM 10?
2. Is it normal that it's still heating? While I was trying to surf the app's from store, I had to charge the phone twice a day
3. Why do I loose the Bluetooth connection?

P.S. I'm using the Insider build now 1511
Thanks.

End of story, my phone felt on a plaid with plastic doll were, and the screen cracked. 160$ to repair.
Be careful, it's not Nokia(1520 felt so many times, without a scratch). No more comment :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo