08-27-2018 03:15 AM
419 ... 56789 ...
tools
    My phone will reboot every min when connected to the supplied USB type C charger. No issues when using wireless charging plate though. Does anyone else have this issue? The reboots basically render the phone useless.
    Edit: I actually have a 950 XL. Posted to wrong thread
    Last edited by johnnyrussoa3; 12-01-2015 at 04:49 PM.
    12-01-2015 01:14 PM
    has anyone figured out what the issue with the wifi is? Mine keeps losing it intermittently and then when i toggle wifi off and back on agaion it says no networks found???
    Yesss, ive been waiting for someone else to have this problem. This has happened to me from day 1 (11/18) on 5ghz ssids. A reset will bring back wifi, but I ultimately had to stop using 5ghz networks. Are you using an ATT Lumia 950 like I am? What type of router do you use?

I'm probably going to get an iPhone after having a windows phone since Nov 2011. Microsoft...you have failed me!!!
    mariusmuntean and CraigCole like this.
    12-02-2015 02:29 AM
    Mine has been doing this, and WiFi is painfully slow. The only other Lumia that used to do this to me with WiFi and Bluetooth is my 830 (all 4 of them). Not sure why it does it, or how to fix it.

Do you have an unlocked 950 or ATT? What router are you using? I have this problem with an att 950 and Asus AC router. THANKS
    12-02-2015 02:32 AM
    I'm quite irritate with some things about this new phone.

The battery life dont last more than 16 17 hours, whitout an extensive usage. For exemple i finished to charge today at 7am. And right now at 1pm it is already at less than 50%. That's not normal. One of the things that can cause this is that the lock screen is always showing the time and date, etc...always. I tried to find some parameters to change that whitout any success. Maybe someboday can probably help me with that?
    Sometimes he reboots whitout any reason. It happen 3 or 4 times in less than a week.
    The alarm doesnt ring if it is in silence mode. First time that ive seen that. I arrived 1 hour late the first day that i Had the phone because of that.
    When I have the phone charging and I want to shut him down he doesnt shut down but reboot, so he can't charge and be shut off.
    Then several apps have bugs because the S.O. is not completly operative.

If you want to sell a phone at this price it must be much better than that,

Even my lumia 635 had less problems and cost me 80 euros.

Hope some things will change...
    12-02-2015 07:19 AM
    Do you have an unlocked 950 or ATT? What router are you using? I have this problem with an att 950 and Asus AC router. THANKS
    I have an AT&T 950, so single SIM. I'm using a Netgear AC1600 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU3321351). Last night when I got home (I just got mine while at work) it jumped right on the 5Ghz WiFi signal and started doing updates. It ran through most of the updates before I had to leave. This AM I noticed the phone was on the non-5Ghz signal, and still doing fine. Finished up the Offline Maps download, which was about 4Gb.

So far I haven't had to do anything to get WiFi, it just works, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    12-02-2015 08:31 AM
    There's a setting in the camera app to disable automatic retouching. I believe it's the option called "Capture Living Images". Once I noticed it happening it was the first thing I disabled. I think what it does is output variations of the same image, and then in the photo app you can switch between the choices to find the version you prefer. In my very brief testing I found that the standard version is the best anyway.

So far I've been extremely happy with the photos taken by this phone.
    I disabled that immediately it made no change aside from it not taking living images. That only controls whether or not you'll also get that short video like thing in your preview.
    12-02-2015 08:31 AM
    New to Lumia and WP in general. I seem to have a pretty bad issue with wi-fi at work :-(

The wifi is pretty crowded and sometimes the phone cannot connect immediately. Now, with the Lumia it happened twice today that the wifi gets in a state where it constantly through a couple of different states like "not available" > "available" > "connecting" > "not available" etc. without ever getting a connection. In this state, the wifi page in the settings cannot even be opened! And its running at 100% CPU apparently when in this state: the device warms up quite a bit and the battery goes down. Big surprise when I grabbed the phone after it was in this state for over an hour!

I had connection issues with a Nexus before in that spot but not to the point that the hardware goes crazy like this. If that continues: dealbreaker :-(
    12-02-2015 08:49 AM
    So far, the most obvious thing for me is the terrible quality of the rear case. My Windows logo stickers fell off when I got the case off to put in the nano SIM. I had to superglue the stickers back on. Embarrassing for such an expensive phone.
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    12-02-2015 09:04 AM
    Hello All,

Like a lot of person, I have Wifi issues with or without bluetooth enabled. Wifi is dropping very frequently and sometimes the Cellular Data is dropped too.

I also have a lot of issues when the phone is locked and if I want to open mail or text message from the notification or take a photo, the app launch and the waiting dots appears but nothing happens. I have to go back to home and then launch the app.

Somethings really annoying is the groove music.
    - I have my music locally and the same files on my OneDrive but 1 / 3 of songs are still played from the cloud. But if I dont have any network, the music just hangs for ever. No parameters can disabled that fonctionnality.
    - The album covers are not displayed for 80 % of my mp3
    12-02-2015 09:51 AM
    [update: SOLVED!] Reverting to default text size (in Display and Ease of Access settings) fixed this. So another OS bug . . .
    [black screen when navigating to an apps login or feature selection/directory listing screen] I have this also. Keeps me from being able to login using the Windows Central app (when I tap Signin I go to black screen with a "Done!" appearing in the upper left corner. Going back I get a leaving browser popup). This is also a problem with Radio Lounge UK and a few other apps in addition to the ones you've mentioned. Was not a problem with my 1520. As this bug is not being reported widely, it is either a hardware problem (but I cannot imagine how) or I have a setting that is causing this. I'm pretty much stock settings except I've zoomed the system text size a little bit. I'll try playing with that and let you know.
    Last edited by JJanner; 12-02-2015 at 11:05 AM. Reason: SOLVED!
    12-02-2015 10:39 AM
    I had this, and solved it by reverting my text size settings (in System Display and Ease of Access) to defaults. An OS bug.
    12-02-2015 11:06 AM
    So far (2nd day with this phone) here are my issues:

2nd Outlook account won't connect
    Hello won't let me re-set up the settings
    Candy Crush won't connect to Facebook (very minor issue)
    12-02-2015 11:36 AM
    Is its a Band 2? If so is it locked or unlocked and do you get text notifications?
    12-02-2015 12:21 PM
    I disabled that immediately it made no change aside from it not taking living images. That only controls whether or not you'll also get that short video like thing in your preview.
    You need to disable rich capture. When you open up the camera, it's the icon with the wand. Turn that off and you'll be set. It's good if your taking pictures of a stationary object in bright lighting though.
    WilWord likes this.
    12-02-2015 12:37 PM
    So something that may be causing runs on battery's. In 8.1 if you "backed" out of an app it closed it. If you had several apps open hitting the back arrow would cycle you through all open apps and close them. I've noticed this isnt the case on WM10. You have to go to "task manager" and manually X each one closed. Major gaffe on their part. If Im in an app, lets say Mail or SMS going back out of it to start screen should close it. Not the case.

Just something Ive noticed.
    12-02-2015 12:41 PM
    So something that may be causing runs on battery's. In 8.1 if you "backed" out of an app it closed it. If you had several apps open hitting the back arrow would cycle you through all open apps and close them. I've noticed this isnt the case on WM10. You have to go to "task manager" and manually X each one closed. Major gaffe on their part. If Im in an app, lets say Mail or SMS going back out of it to start screen should close it. Not the case.

Just something Ive noticed.
    Try this then... close all your open apps using the task manager AND then hit the back arrows....You'll see you can cycle through apps that weren't in the task manager, but were opened earlier. It's awesome to see I can jump into previously opened apps almost instantly, BUT IF I want to close everything, it;s a but longer to do.
    12-02-2015 01:42 PM
    I've had at least 4 apps that I successfully ran after installing (to phone memory not SD) where a later attempt to launch fails with an error message to check for an update of the app in the store. There is never an update, and the only way to get it working again is to uninstall and reinstall the app. Specific apps that I can recall are Waze, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. It's a big letdown when an app just quits working with no good reason. Anyone else having this issue?

950 Dual Sim Unlocked built fresh with no restore.
    12-02-2015 04:32 PM
    Anyone that calls me complains of call quality. They complain that they can hear their own voice and everything going on in the background. It sounds fine to me on my end but audio being sent from my phone is horrible. Toggling the call on and off hold or calling them back usually fixes the issue. Right now i'm stuck toggling everyone that calls me on and off hold.
    I am told by one person that this is happening. Next time they call i'll try your 'hold' trick and see if that works. I also wonder if he is on ATT like I am as other callers (who I know are on ATT) are not complaining of this.

UPDATE: I called ATT about the problem.. first they said 1) delete the user, 2) reboot, 3) add the user and see if that fixes it.. it did not. Then they tried a bunch of stuff on their end, having me reboot the phone ..and nothing seemed to help. Now they tell me to get a new one. I'll do that today. I can reproduce the problem with my son.. so i'll test at the store before I leave and update y'all if I get one that works properly.
    Last edited by GregCra; 12-03-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    12-02-2015 05:43 PM
    You need to disable rich capture. When you open up the camera, it's the icon with the wand. Turn that off and you'll be set. It's good if your taking pictures of a stationary object in bright lighting though.
    I immediately disabled that as well, the reality is that regardless of how I take a photo the phone automatically "auto adjusts" them and they look either not as intended or completely horrid
    12-02-2015 09:33 PM
    Too lazy to read whole thread. Can anyone summarize? Are those software or hardware issues you are getting?
    As previous owner of 930, I had tons of issues with it, but patches and updates fixed them later on. Should we expect this happen to 950-s and all win 10 devices? (obviously yes, i think)
    12-03-2015 05:03 AM
    The vast majority of users are not having serious issues. Buy the phone. It's well worth it.
    12-03-2015 11:00 AM
    Update: Heat issues and battery drain have gotten much worse I was browsing on 6tag and uploaded one photo lost 14% in about 10-15 minutes and the device is hotter than usual (which isn't saying much because it's always hot)
    12-03-2015 12:57 PM
    Too lazy to read whole thread. Can anyone summarize? Are those software or hardware issues you are getting?
    As previous owner of 930, I had tons of issues with it, but patches and updates fixed them later on. Should we expect this happen to 950-s and all win 10 devices? (obviously yes, i think)
    not everyone is having the exact same issue. Since it is a new version of an OS, we SHOULD expect the same amount of issues as every other OS has had after a major revision. Granted, I will say most issues seem software related. Had mine for 2 weeks now and things seem to be stabilizing more. I do notice certain apps a battery killers though, leading me to thing that possibly the app or OS could use a bit of tweaking.

So far, Windows Phone 7 apps/games and certain Windows Phone 8 apps seem to be causing my 950 to chew up the battery. Tapatalk, on my phone, can eat 38% of the battery in 3 hours if I open it and then just tap home and don't close it out.
    DoyoubiNoAme likes this.
    12-03-2015 01:45 PM
    I had to go back to factory settings, and when it rebooted I got a so so familiar Blue Screen...

BitLocker recovery
    To recover this drive, plug in the USB Drive that has the BitLocker Recovery key.
    Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because the trusted platform module is not accessible.

Press Enter to reboot and try again
    Press ESC or the Windows key for more recovery options

Any ideas what to do? I'm unable to do a hard reset. When holding down the Volume Down button, it just keeps looping between Microsoft Logo and a black screen with vibration. I never get to the Exclamation (!) mark screen.
    All help is more than welcome..
    12-03-2015 04:20 PM
    Just got both new lumias, many apps and menus crash randomly in both :/ but I think there will be better times :)
    12-03-2015 05:03 PM
419 ... 56789 ...