Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

mmihalko

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I used to have such problems with the caller ID on other Nokia phones when I had accidentally the same number saved under several different contacts.

I looked and had her twice...One account was her FB account. I linked them, but still the same. Gonna delete her and try to re add her later.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue where search text field in certain apps revert to a black background when you tap the text input field. Happens on the Amazon app, Ebay app and Loyalty card app, Screens below of the issue, also the Waze app crashes directly after log in

wpbug1.jpgwpbug2.jpg

John Frey

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone here getting the echo and amplified background sound when you get an incoming call. (this happens for everyone that calls me on there end) but when I call them there is no issue. Only fix is to put the call on hold and back on again.

Bob Swanson

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a strange problem. When I mount my 950 in a car mount screen becomes unresponsive. Tried a cradle mount and a spring clip with the same issue. Hold it in my hand and no problem. Put it back in the mount and unresponsive again

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a strange problem. When I mount my 950 in a car mount screen becomes unresponsive. Tried a cradle mount and a spring clip with the same issue. Hold it in my hand and no problem. Put it back in the mount and unresponsive again
this may seem obvious, but are you sure the spring clip isn't pressing against a button?

Julius Damato

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

I waited and walked to 3 different AT&T stores in Chicago to get my 950. I was finally able to get one and dealt with all the day one\weekend issues. Most of which are totally resolved for me. I do have to restart the phone from time to time as YouTube and etc will no longer play or straight up soft reset the phone.

At the current moment I am having 2 large issues with my 950 and I cannot seem to find anyone else with the same or similar issues. I am hoping to narrow the issues down.

1. When I place my phone in my cell phone holder in my car, I am unable to touch the bottom part of the screen. I can swipe the notification center all the way down and it responds, but the bottom of the app along with the back, windows, and search buttons are unresponsive. This effects the bottom 30% of the screen. If I remove it from the holder the functionality returns immediately. If I place the phone in the holder without squeezing the holder closed, the buttons and bottom of apps work for about a minute and then stop. I have also noticed this when propping the phone up last night. The phone is at about a 75-85 degree angle. I do have one of the tempered glass screen protectors, so I wondering if this is the cause.

2. I also have a MS display dock. Using the provided cable in the box, the phone complains that I am using the wrong type C cable. Continuum seems to work just fine how ever. I am wondering if this is because the monitor I am using is connected via a DVI to HDMI cable. I will try this with my TV later in the day as a test.

Has anyone else experiencing these issues or similar? If not I am going to remove the screen protector, and if that fails I will call AT&T to mail me a replacement.

Thanks in advance,

-Julius C. Damato

Julius Damato

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site

I am experiencing the same issue. If I place my phone in my holder without clipping it together it becomes unresponsive as well. I noticed that the bottom 30% or so doesn't work. I checked the cut out and my camera button is clear. I noticed the same issue propping the phone up at a 75-85 degree angle. I thought I was the only one and just created an account to reply.

Last edited:

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Apparently the home screen has severe lag issues with a SanDisk 32gb sad card. If you move too many of the apps, it causes scrolling lag for the home screen. You have to wait about 3 seconds before pressing an app before it'll register the touch. It also tends to rearrange my tiles randomly even if the phone is asleep. When I wake it, my phone and email, as well as people tiles are gone from the top of my screen, to the bottom.

Disappointed with the lack of polish with this OS so far.

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I have an issue that LumiaHelp is looking into now.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue:

I connected the phone to play audio through my cars stock Bluetooth audio connection, stock stereo and stock Bluetooth connection. After rebooting the phone once, this worked perfectly. Later, got back into the car and audio no longer plays. Pull out the phone, and the Groove music app is no longer running. Open Groove and start music, worked fine. Next day, get in the car, and again no music playback from the 950. This time, pressing the volume button show the song expected to play, but pressing the play button does not start the music. All other Bluetooth operations works fine, ie. phone calls, text messages, connection to my Microsoft Band, etc...

This was the same experience that I had with the 1520 running the 10 mobile beta, but I thought that was only a beta issue. Apparently not, Just to cover my bases, Bluetooth audio playback through my car works great with all other phones LG G4, Nexus One, Blackberry Classic just to name a few used this year in this same car.

I reported this issue to LumiaHelp and they stated that they would get back to me. I will update this post when I know more.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I am having problems with nothing showing notifications anymore. I did a hard reset to 'fix' the email image issue, instead I got this issue. Not happy.

rjl2001

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
When using 'Full screen picture' as the style for the START screen:
If you start out on the Start screen after turning the phone on, or anytime after hitting the Start on screen button, and swipe over to the App list the background image will become more opaque (whiter or darker, depending on light/dark color style). If its on the dark color mode the background image darkens and the white font for the apps list is easier to read. Conversely, in light color mode the background image whitens up so the black font shows clearly.

Issue is that when you use the back button to return to that apps list screen, the background will no longer be opaque, but will display the full color background image and that can make the font for the app list very difficult to read.

I normally use the back arrows when I'm done using an app or looking at something, to get me back to the app list screen. But in doing so the text becomes difficult to read due to the background not adjusting properly. I have to swipe back over to the Start screen and then swipe back to the app list screen in order for it to correct itself. Is it this way for everybody else?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
When using 'Full screen picture' as the style for the START screen:
If you start out on the Start screen after turning the phone on, or anytime after hitting the Start on screen button, and swipe over to the App list the background image will become more opaque (whiter or darker, depending on light/dark color style). If its on the dark color mode the background image darkens and the white font for the apps list is easier to read. Conversely, in light color mode the background image whitens up so the black font shows clearly.

Issue is that when you use the back button to return to that apps list screen, the background will no longer be opaque, but will display the full color background image and that can make the font for the app list very difficult to read.

I normally use the back arrows when I'm done using an app or looking at something, to get me back to the app list screen. But in doing so the text becomes difficult to read due to the background not adjusting properly. I have to swipe back over to the Start screen and then swipe back to the app list screen in order for it to correct itself. Is it this way for everybody else?

I'm not using L950, but this bug is there since two builds on every device. It wasn't present on 10572. Probably will be fixed soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss