Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, my new 950 (which arrived at lunch time) is going to be winging it's way back to AT&T as soon as my warranty replacement one shows up. Hopefully the replacement will arrive tomorrow, since I will be out of the country all of next week.
Basically, the internal phone speaker does not work. On a phone call, the other person can hear me okay, but I cannot hear the other person. If I put them on speaker phone, their voice comes through the external speaker. So seems to be a hardware issue specific to my phone's internal speaker.
Well, if I don't get my replacement by tomorrow, I guess I'm just going to have very public phone calls all of next week.

What about using a Bt headset?

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I've tried both and it doesn't change anything. I have yo use my m8 for Windows central to post here because Edge can't load anything.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I feel like Edge is a big improvement over IE in WP8.1. Maybe I am just used to the slower 1020 w/ wp10 and have built up patience? Also, as much as I like Windows Central, the scrolling advertisements on the mobile site are frustrating. I thought my phone was bugging out when I first browsed the site, and then I realized I needed to keep scrolling 5 times to close the pop-up advertisement.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice that Outlook doesn't format HTML emails properly? I never had an issue in WP8.1, but in Windows 10 every single email features fonts that aren't sized properly and graphics that are misaligned.

Also, I just downloaded an update to Outlook that seems to have done away with linked email accounts. Up until this morning I had two personal accounts accessed via a single live tile and a second tile for my work email; this is the same setup I had in WP8.1.

After the update, however, both tiles were going to the last viewed account in Outlook. I replaced them both and while they link properly again, I also found that I could only add live tiles for individual accounts. If there's still a way to have linked accounts it's nowhere obvious.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
somone try and select like 7-10 photos to delete at once
I dare you!
the select area box must be hit just right, you touch outside the box then it deselects everything!

They need to fix that and the touch areas!
Youll see what I mean if you try it!
so frustrating

UFGator1977

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the Micosoft Band version 1 and I had to reset the Band and pair it with the new phone before it would work. I am also using the Microsoft and Sync App on Windows 10 to keep the Band updated.

UFGator1977

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
A few issues to report...
1. Battery life sucks, though I'm still running tests to get when it works best.
2. Microsoft Hello is hit or miss 50/50. also if someone else is within range it fails.
3. Touch acts weird sometimes, when I swipe down on the start screen, it swipes to the left instead (to the app list). Also when I tried attaching a pic to twitter, it takes me to the photo gallery but when I touch a pic, it selects another pic like 2 rows above. So basically when I touch a point on the screen, it registers it somewhere else, almost like it's not calibrated. These have happened just once. Will keep monitoring.
4. Games that require Facebook login (like candy crush, star wars) when you log in with Facebook, it takes you to edge browser to authorize the app and after u do, it doesn't go back to the app!
5. Lastly, custom ringtones! I have tried to add mp3 ringtones using either the file explorer or from my PC. But they still don't show up in the ringtones list to choose from.

I was able to connect the phone to my computer and move an mp3 file to the Ringtones folder and then assign it to one of my contacts.

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
somone try and select like 7-10 photos to delete at once
I dare you!
the select area box must be hit just right, you touch outside the box then it deselects everything!

They need to fix that and the touch areas!
Youll see what I mean if you try it!
so frustrating

HA, an update on this just went thru i think
no longer does it

treeflip7

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't get my bluetooth to recognize any devices. It just says "accessory" and then refuses to connect to anything. Anyone else having this issue?

Connect (for audio/visual devices) works fine, however.

And, yes, battery life is not very good.

Last edited:

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody having issues with mail not syncing? My mail synced for the first day... but after that it doesn't sync any longer. I have tried restarting my phone. I have deleted and readded the accounts (gmail, and pop3). I tried to change some of the sync settings to see if that would prompt it to update, but it wouldn't work. When I manually sync it says it is up to date, and clearly it isn't. thoughts?

sperry1625

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. Tried turning a bunch of stuff off but no change. Am wondering if it is Windows Insider, since it doesn't work yet but may still be trying? Very annoying.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
When I got my lumia 950 I was upgrading from my older 928 so I chose the restore method. I have just reset my phone and will be going through the painstakingly tiresome process of loading all apps and everything from scratch. Since I in the process of doing this my email works with the newly reset phone, so I think it had to do with the phone being restored from a different device. Curious... I will post again if my emails fails again.

Transport3r

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with Cortana replying to weather queries?
When asking 'what's the weather like today' she just searches Bing for that query.
When asking 'What are you wearing?' she responds with the usual witty phrases ('Just a little something I picked up in Engineering')
So she doesn't default to Bing searching everything, just weather queries. Her weather cards are still showing, so she is getting the weather data.
Tried a soft reset, no dice.

yed19

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello is a bit buggy. it works 50% of the time right now. The first time great. The next time it will say it cannot recognize me right away without even really trying.

I also have this issue where I put the phone on the wireless charger and the phone is in night mode and every time I get a notification it starts to try to recognize me. The screen turns on and off for every notification. I have since fixed some notifications to be less, but it was odd having my screen pop on and off every so often in my dark room.

The Continuum with my TV is an awesome feature and should be marketed as such. Some people would argue that there is no use case for it, but showing pictures with 3 clicks on your phone is really easy (Continuum>Connect>Mouse to 'Photos' and click.) Pretty streamlined. Oh and the fact that you can be showing a HD video (4K down-converts to 1080P I guess, but then my 4K TV up-converts it back ;)) and then take a 4K video while that video is playing is pretty crazy. Audio clipping occurs with this and maybe that is something that they can work to fix.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Since Friday hello can't find my eyes which are right in front of Cortana's nose. Frustrating.

Probably a dumb question, but have you tried improving the recognition? Hello works flawlessly for me with it not working maybe two times since I got it.

sickleykey

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue with ATT Lumia 950. The Wifi keeps dropping. Its very annoying knowing that the phone is using my data over the air instead of wifi at home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)