Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
You're right, I confused the two features. In any case, I shoot photos with both turned off. My point with Rich Capture stands; it's interesting, but I haven't yet found that it improves photos for me. And my impression is that new shots show up a bit more quickly in Photos.
100% agree with you. I leave both off as well. Performance seems to be better this way. If I don't like the picture I took, I can take another...

IsraelDuran

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
USELESSROBOT is incorrect. The live images feature is basically a GIF. The feature to keep from retouching images is called Rich Capture. There's a little wand in the auto mode of the camera app. Just touch it to disable. Note: The Rich capture wand disappears if you expand the settings and go into Pro mode.

Here's an article about Rich Capture from our favorite website :D: A closer look at Rich Capture, the best feature on Lumia Camera | Windows Central

I'm fully aware of all of this, regardless of the fact even with rich capture disabled and going into pro mode my photos are still automatically retouched. The example pictures I attached earlier in the thread was an example of a picture taken in pro mode.

brandonr416

May 24, 2013
Visit site
SO I have had my Lumia 950 for about a week and the main issues I found was

1. when the screen is off I can hear the crackle on the speaker and when I put my ear to the speaker I hear static as if its on and then it crackles every 5 seconds. its faint but still its very annoying and why is the speaker on when the screen is off.

anyone else experiencing this ?b

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm fully aware of all of this, regardless of the fact even with rich capture disabled and going into pro mode my photos are still automatically retouched. The example pictures I attached earlier in the thread was an example of a picture taken in pro mode.
I get the same thing too. RC is off, so are the living images. Didn't try shooting in pure view mode at 8mp...

My phone is from Vodafone Romania and it is locked (although purchased full - will be unlocked next week).

Probably a firmware thing? Also I notice photos are far from what I see on this forum (low light ones). probably because of this retouching thing...

andyman84

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Not impressed

The first thing I noticed was that the phone is getting really really hot on the back and on the frontglas.
Then the e-mail not working correctly, it's not downloading my emails as they come and I cant see the pictures and more.
Battery time is really bad.
Can't send or recieve mms

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not impressed

The first thing I noticed was that the phone is getting really really hot on the back and on the frontglas.
Then the e-mail not working correctly, it's not downloading my emails as they come and I cant see the pictures and more.
Battery time is really bad.
Can't send or recieve mms

You either got a bad unit or your carrier hasn't sent you the correct data/mms-connection settings. I would check these things.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm not noticing any heat in use tbh. Something's not right with your phone, be it software or hardware :(

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I get the same thing too. RC is off, so are the living images. Didn't try shooting in pure view mode at 8mp...

My phone is from Vodafone Romania and it is locked (although purchased full - will be unlocked next week).

Probably a firmware thing? Also I notice photos are far from what I see on this forum (low light ones). probably because of this retouching thing...

I am pretty sure its the photos app doing the retouching not the camera app. so The only way to bypass the retouching is dng so far.

DjeTe

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a strange thing. I cant add my personal Live account to outlook or Contacts. I have it in the settings - account though. I manage to add the Exchange account for my work. I dont get an error it says Everything went fine and when I press Done the account doesn't show up next to the work account. So I can't sync the Contacts or get my mail.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

are you using yahoo mails as thats something ive noticed that images are displayed on the emails, im sure its a setting i need to change but cant work out where it is.

schuhmi2

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
So, the issues I've had after 48 hours of use:
  • WiFi randomly turns off and cannot be turned back on (power cycle solves it)
  • Upon boot, either SIM1 or SIM2 does not always activate (again power cycle to solve))
  • Miracast to the MS wireless display adapter is appalling, constant drops, lag and pixelation, even if they are right next to each other
  • Duplicate apps and random never installed apps with status "pending" and no way to remove

mikeharden

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there is somethign wrong with my Lumia 950 5Ghz Wifi....I was waiting for my pictures to upload to onedrive, but noticed my WiFi icon kept disappearing. When I went into WiFi settings it kept saying "no networks found." This happened about 3 separate times, and always after i had already added a 5Ghz network. Doing a soft reset would fix the problem temporarily, only for the same issue to happen again. The apps I was in during this issue was the photo apps and the onedrive settings and onedrive app. I switched to 2.4Ghz with same security settings, and it seems to be fine. Please test your 5Ghz connections and let us know if you have problems as well. I'm using a Asus RT-AC87U fwiw.

Side note: Is it just my photo-taking skills or the fact i came from a 1020, but MAN!, definitely not impressed with the picture quality so far :( However, I can take pictures incredibly fast compared to the 1020.

I am having the same problems is Bri. I have been using the one drive with 5 GHz Wi-Fi and also the asus router same model.....

jimitndiaye

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had one problem with my new 950 XL: G
roove Music!!!
I can't get it to work properly after multiple resets and spending 3+ hrs with support chat trying to resolve.
After multiple hard resets it got me excited thinking it was finally working after downloading most of my library then it started acting up again and now I can't play/download 99% of my music library. Keep getting error messages. Using the same account on my 920 works fine. The support rep recommended I return it after spending hours with me trying to fix it (great guy).

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue where randomly pressing the screen unlock button shows the current lock screen image on the bottom third of the screen, only pixelated and washed out.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
It is build number 10586.0.

Also forgot to mention that phone will not activate. Spent over two hours with them on phone. They say system shows "pending." I think it's a bad sim but they have to admit that before I do anything (like get a refund).

added 2 hours later. They finally said bad sim and said I could go to any store to get new one. Offereed to do this hours ago but they requested I not do so.

Also store had many updates for me. Update to mail did add linked inbox.

Where might one find the option to link the inboxes?

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I had two contacts with the same name (no last name), different phone numbers. outlook contacts automatically links them. which merges their texting threads. I did unlink them manually and added the last name to one of the accounts. The text thread from both contacts are still merged. It does not separate.

Same automatic contact linking was happening in 8.1 but it was never a problem separating them.

Luz0

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I got some problems:
- Battery drain, sometimes it's get warm with screen off(idle) and battery goes down with 60% in 4 hours.
- Camera after 7 rapid shots it says SAVING... and i cant do anything for around 20 sec. (no sd card inserted)
- When I listen some music it stucks on the volumebar
- Sometimes camera doesn't start its says it's in use (I dont use skype or any other apps)
- Sometimes after start up it says Your SIM card changed restart now
- At restart screen brightness always 100%
- Sometimes it hangs for a minute and screen freeze
AM I the only one with this problems? I really feel like a betatester. I think this change was a bad idea :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12