Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I keep having wifi drop and have to reboot to get it to work again. My wife has 950 also with same problem.

I have this problem on 5GHz WiFi. It was a nightmare this weekend. I cannot predict when/why it will simply drop any network on 5GHz WiFi and then not detect it. It could be 5 minutes, it could be 3 hours. I did notice that once it does "forget" about the 5GHz band, battery drain is much worse, though that's subjective TBH.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem on 5GHz WiFi. It was a nightmare this weekend. I cannot predict when/why it will simply drop any network on 5GHz WiFi and then not detect it. It could be 5 minutes, it could be 3 hours. I did notice that once it does "forget" about the 5GHz band, battery drain is much worse, though that's subjective TBH.

What is your Firmware build?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem on 5GHz WiFi. It was a nightmare this weekend. I cannot predict when/why it will simply drop any network on 5GHz WiFi and then not detect it.

It's my understanding that 5GHz WiFi is more prone to connectivity issues. I haven't had issues with my 950, but I have had trouble with my iPad. I had it forget the 5GHz band and only connect with 2.5GHz.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
  • Automatic screen brightness toggle does not stay on
  • Random rebooting (spent the day in the truck yesterday noticed a reboot, did it again 4hrs later/ it's done this before)
  • Inability to connect to car audio via supplied USB cable (truck displays "media not available")
This one really bothers me as I would like to play my music using the USB port and not kill all the batteries by piping it to my radio by way of my Motorola Roadster.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, did you restore a backup?

- Battery, I'm seeing no issues at all! It''s pretty incredible for me. Make sure Hey Cortana is off! I had a similar issue on my 920 with W10M, that was restored from a backup though!
- No issues with camera, though the applying finishing touches is pretty pathetic (just the option to turn it off would be nice!)
- No issues listening to music yet, and I do a LOT!
- No issues with camera, FWIW I uninstalled Skype lol.
- I've had that SIM card issue once, after I restarted and the tiles didn't come on screen after a few mins of waiting. Otherwise, it's been fine.
- Screen brightness isn't always 100% but I have noticed it on occasion. I've not restarted a great deal though. Screen brightness seems to have a few bugs.
- No hangs or freezes on mine yet (touch wood).

I got some problems:
- Battery drain, sometimes it's get warm with screen off(idle) and battery goes down with 60% in 4 hours.
- Camera after 7 rapid shots it says SAVING... and i cant do anything for around 20 sec. (no sd card inserted)
- When I listen some music it stucks on the volumebar
- Sometimes camera doesn't start its says it's in use (I dont use skype or any other apps)
- Sometimes after start up it says Your SIM card changed restart now
- At restart screen brightness always 100%
- Sometimes it hangs for a minute and screen freeze
AM I the only one with this problems? I really feel like a betatester. I think this change was a bad idea :(

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Inability to connect to car audio via supplied USB cable (truck displays "media not available")
I may have figured this one out, apparently my collection didn't automatically download to my device and what I had downloaded stored to SD card. (Groove seems to be quite the mess Zune>Xbox Music>Groove migration a bit rough). Moved a few things around. I'll give a go tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

A_Knauss

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
My phone has several times decided to restart in the middle of phone calls
Has seen another post on this, in a different thread, so is obviously not just my phone.
Is this a common issue? Will there be an upgrade fix, or should i start the refund process??
Phone: Microsoft Lumia 950
OS Build: 10.0.10586.0
Version: 1511

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I may have figured this one out, apparently my collection didn't automatically download to my device and what I had downloaded stored to SD card. (Groove seems to be quite the mess Zune>Xbox Music>Groove migration a bit rough). Moved a few things around. I'll give a go tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Still didn't work. I made sure the songs on the playlist were available offline. When I connect the 950 with the cable that came with it to the USB port on the truck (the vehicle does not have built in Bluetooth) when I select Media it displays "media not available". The music is purchased not streamed. Digging in File Explorer I could determine that they are MP3 files and not DRM protected. they are encoded with Azure, does that have an effect? I know the port works, my daughter had her iPhone4 hooked up to it and Spotify downloads played fine. Groove just got an update but I doubt it will solve the issue. I'll check Groove related threads.

Maik_b

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
When my Lumia 950 is locked, the speakers begin to rustle softly and I can periodically hear a "click" sound , anyone else got this?

mykd83

May 23, 2014
Visit site
WP_20151211_16_31_32_Pro.jpgI've had my Lumia 950 in the UK for 2 days, and although I'm still setting everything up and playing about with things as I get my number transferred, so far I'm very pleased with it :) Everything is just so much faster than my 1020 so I'm happy with the upgrade.

The only "defect" I have noticed so far is on the edge of the screen/glass, where I have what looks like smudges that I can't get rid of :-/ It's a little bit like when you put a screen protector on, and get a bubble near the edge, and it's not as clear as the rest. Hope that makes sense. There are a couple of these little bubbles on the left edge of the glass, and then 2 seem to have developed on the right edge, 1 of which is almost creeping over the red Hello light.

I'm not sure if it's removing the back cover and associated acrobatics with the phone that is maybe causing the glass layers to separate or something, because I've noticed more since I was messing with the SIM card earlier. Hopefully this picture shows what I'm on about! It looks like a smudge, and it will go if I wipe it really well with a microfiber cloth, but as soon as I run my finger over it, it comes back :-/

WP_20151211_16_31_32_Pro.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99