Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
don't think it matters right now... latest outlook update broke notifications on my 950. despite having a custom sound set, it uses the default.
Yes indeed as I have the default Outlook sound, and it comes on-----only once or twice, banners same issue....so there definitely is a glitch in the latest Outlook app..:( My other email account, Google Gmail, I have set with no sound, notifications, or banners.

nan1857

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
There is a gap in between the metal camera bump and the polycarbonate removable back cover which is letting dust inside the back cover. Microsoft has just some small sponge arrangement for prevention of dust, but that's not enough. It has been 2-3 weeks for my Lumia 950. I miss the unibody design of my Lumia 1520.

Matthew Heinselman

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
These issues are also for the 550 as well guys. its a Windows 10 Mobile issue not just the phone in particular. I honestly think Microsoft should not have rushed the software and polished it up but its water under the bridge.

Matthew Heinselman

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
For anyone who can't get VVM to work on their dual SIM 950 or 950 XL well its not supposed to according to Microsoft. Set up and check visual voicemail - Windows Help

Note

Visual voicemail isn't available for all mobile operators, uses your cellular data plan, and might be named something else on your phone. If it's offered by your mobile operator, it must be enabled on your mobile phone plan, and your mobile operator might charge extra for it.

Visual voicemail is not available on dual SIM phones that are running Windows 10 Mobile.

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I am wondering if you can help, I am finding an issue with video recording with my 950.

I find that when I am recording video that the recording can stick or freeze but the audio keeps recording. When I play back the video the stick/freeze is on the file but the audio can still be heard working fine.

This didn't happen when I first had the phone, its just started happening in the past month.

My General Settings are:
1920x1080p/24 fps
Stabilisation On
Save to SD Card

My 950 is fully update to date with its firmware and apps.

Could it be saving the SD Card that is the issue?

Cheers for any ideas you can give.

Matt

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering if you can help, I am finding an issue with video recording with my 950.

I find that when I am recording video that the recording can stick or freeze but the audio keeps recording. When I play back the video the stick/freeze is on the file but the audio can still be heard working fine.

This didn't happen when I first had the phone, its just started happening in the past month.

My General Settings are:
1920x1080p/24 fps
Stabilisation On
Save to SD Card

My 950 is fully update to date with its firmware and apps.

Could it be saving the SD Card that is the issue?

Cheers for any ideas you can give.

Matt

I had same issue, i think the problem is in SD card. Cheaper SD cards have worse writing speeds, so video can't write so fast to SD card. ??? I edited video setting a bit lower and now it records fine!!

Otto S

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having high data use in the system apps? This is my second 950. The first device was replaced under warranty because neither Microsoft nor At&t tech support could explain the high data use. I have the 10.0.10586.36 OS build. The system app used 7gb of data in nine days over the cellular connection with all the apps turned off for background data. Now the new device is doing the same.wp_ss_20151230_0004[1].jpg

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Check if you have One drive set to auto backup. Under system you also count SO an FW updates. Also check if you submit feedback automatically. It is a very known bug this. However looks it is fixed in current .71 insider build (available on slow ring just like the .36).
Try an update on .71 since you already are an Insider....

arielwp

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
disappearing keyboard. missing keyboards in settings (no keyboards are shown and none can be downloaded since "you have already downloaded them all". happens after trying to text on whatsapp . build .71
have to reset to get my keyboards back

Otto S

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Check if you have One drive set to auto backup. Under system you also count SO an FW updates. Also check if you submit feedback automatically. It is a very known bug this. However looks it is fixed in current .71 insider build (available on slow ring just like the .36).
Try an update on .71 since you already are an Insider....

All my feedback and crash logs are turned off. Software update and FW are set to wifi only. I even found a setting under SIM called "Enhanced 4G LTE Services" that uses more data for HD Voice but still made no difference. I did notice about forty files in my picture folder on my one drive with .rich extension that I couldn't open. They were 22mb each.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Yup, that is also a potential data eater.
Those 22mb image files are the RAW pictures taken. It seems that the album app has auto backup option on on your phone. Disable that also (inside the app settings).

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having high data use in the system apps? This is my second 950. The first device was replaced under warranty because neither Microsoft nor At&t tech support could explain the high data use. I have the 10.0.10586.36 OS build. The system app used 7gb of data in nine days over the cellular connection with all the apps turned off for background data. Now the new device is doing the same.View attachment 121925

I have the dual sim 950, and have noticed now that the SIM2 under data usage has over 150 MB (84 MB system data) of usage while SIM 2 is not even populated. My AT&T SIM (SIM 1) has used about 400 MB with 118 MB of it being system data. Are you seeing this on a Dual SIM anyone, why is this?

I disabled most of my apps from running background processes, not sure if this helped but I have not experienced anything that high, 7 GB is outrageous!

Sztiki

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Just joined the club, moving from a Lumia 925 to a beautiful, white 950. I used it with the prod. firmware (.29) for a whole weekend, installed my apps, config, etc. and worked like a charm. I felt pretty lucky, that I don't have to install insider.
Until Monday. I'm usually on Skype during the whole day, and that crashed and made my phone restart 4 times in two hours. So I installed Insider and the newest build (.107) which helped with the restarts but still face a serious problem with the keyboard.
So, regarding the config: I use English as phone language and region locale is United States. But the regional settings are set to Hungarian (where I live) and also the keyboard is set to Hungarian. Thats how I used my Omnia 7 and my Lumia 925 before too. Now the problem is, that if I use any IM application (Skype, Viber, Messaging. etc) every time I send a message, right after the keyboard becomes unresponsive, flickers a few times, than disappears. After a few seconds if I tap on the textbox it appears again. And it does this every single time I send a message. If I disable text suggestion, the issue is gone. After re-enabling it, it appears again. If I change from Hungarian keyboard to English, it's appearing too.
Tried changing system language/region/regional format to the same (all Hungarian instead of English) the issue still happened. changed it back to all English, still no help. Tried to remove English keyboard so only Hungarian is installed, no help. The only other help, was to set everything to English and remove the Hungarian keyboard. Than English keyboard with text suggestion enabled worked fine.

Sorry for the long description, but not easy to describe. I can make a video about the issue if requested.
Anybody faced something similar? Any workarounds hopefully?

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I had this pop-up issue initially on stock OS 10.0.10586.29...then it ceased, however within the last two days of using 10.0.10586.107, it has reared its ugly head again...no modifications added to OS...except importing pics from device into laptop....

wp_ss_20160215_0009.jpg

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
When i use my phone and screen light fades a bit before goes completely off and when i try to avoid it, i tap on a screen and it acts like a long press. It's not a big issue but it bothers a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven