Lumia 950 Bugs + Defects

Florentin78

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
have similar issues, but not necessarily during calls, but mostly when multiple apps are open, many tabs in edge or looking at facebook pipcs whcih need to load... it freezes for some seconds, nothing works anymore and then it restarts

Christopher Moor

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Go to open my Lumia 950. Screen frozen. Go to answer a call, screen frozen, no history of the call, have to hard reset. USB cable just stopped working. Only phone charger works now. How do I get the Data Usage as an icon on Start? I've been on Windows Phone since the Lumia 920 in 2011. I'm really disapointed with 10. There is no way the Developers are using these Lumia 950's as daily drivers. Overall feel of the 950 interface? I picked up my Lumia 920 again, the feel is like night and day. The 920 is far better and more fluid than the 950. I am just not enjoying the 950 at all. I may just buy a box of 920's and shelve the 950 until they get a new team on the project that actually uses the devices and fixes them.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Go to open my Lumia 950. Screen frozen. Go to answer a call, screen frozen, no history of the call, have to hard reset. USB cable just stopped working. Only phone charger works now. How do I get the Data Usage as an icon on Start? I've been on Windows Phone since the Lumia 920 in 2011. I'm really disapointed with 10. There is no way the Developers are using these Lumia 950's as daily drivers. Overall feel of the 950 interface? I picked up my Lumia 920 again, the feel is like night and day. The 920 is far better and more fluid than the 950. I am just not enjoying the 950 at all. I may just buy a box of 920's and shelve the 950 until they get a new team on the project that actually uses the devices and fixes them.

If you have dual sim, remove 2nd sim.
If not do a hard reset.Which build do you have?

Rayner06

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Is this phone MONO or am I having a problem? Using a headphone into the P2 port the sound is only mono. Tested with Groove, Youtube and other apps.

DMCarver

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I had to work on the batteries contact pins so they gripped the phone's contacts more firmly. Before I did that, the phone would randomly crash when "thrown" on a desk. So, if you feel confident about DIY (just use a sharp little *plastic* pin to pry the battery contacts) then it can be fixed in no time. The easy way would be to get a new battery from Microsoft...

Man you just saved me some real frustration! My 950 has been rebooting at random times and it was all related to a jolt, bump or even just laying the phone down on the table. I thought the SD card data might be causing a total freakout of the system because I'm on the FastRing preview of WM10.

I moved the pins a bit further up - put the battery back in and treated the phone in ways that usually cause a reboot and it didn't reboot at all! Thanks so much for the tip.

Schandmaul

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Man you just saved me some real frustration! My 950 has been rebooting at random times and it was all related to a jolt, bump or even just laying the phone down on the table. I thought the SD card data might be causing a total freakout of the system because I'm on the FastRing preview of WM10.

I moved the pins a bit further up - put the battery back in and treated the phone in ways that usually cause a reboot and it didn't reboot at all! Thanks so much for the tip.

Hey there!
I have the same problem with my L950, sometimes when I put it on a table, it instantly reboots... seems to be a loose connection.
Could you please elaborate on how you did your tweaks to the battery? Which pins need to be adjusted in order to "strenghten" their grip?

Thanks in advance!

rahmanadmara

May 12, 2016
Visit site
GUYS I NEED HELP!.. NOW MY PHONE IS A BRICK! i cant do anything with it. it keeps reboot with :-( face, tried with the windows device recovery tool 3.4.34 and it says software installation failed. What should I do now ?

rahmanadmara

May 12, 2016
Visit site
OK NOW ITS WORK! you know what is the issue ? THE USB 3.0! I unplugged the device, switch to usb 2.0 it work smoothly. Darn!

Attachments

• failed.JPG
    failed.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Kumar Gaurav

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone. Windows 10 is running smoothly on the device.
But when I tried playing games, the phone started lagging. I played Shadow Fight and On The Run. Both of theses games are not that graphic intensive I guess, and they used to run very smoothly on my old Lumia 920. I don't understand what the problem is.
Also during video playback it skips frames a lot and again the Lumia 920 runs them without any hiccups.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is still broken on my phone, I have t-mobile dual-sim US version. latest release no insider builds. I open cortana, write a search phrase, or do voice recognition. And it closes itself :) This happens a couple of times until cortana gets back to normal. Is this happening to only to me?

Kvwah

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Help! With one of the recent updates, the dictate button has disappeared! the setting is selected in Keyboard settings. Any ideas?

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Since Here maps was freezing all the time, and it was going to expire this summer I uninstalled it. But I think it effected microsoft maps, and the voice navigation is gone. I mean navigation is there but the voice is gone, it's not telling me turn left/right.

Kvwah

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Solved it. But not happy with the fix. I am in Canada and so have the Canadian keyboard. I had to add the US keyboard, then the dictate button reappeared. (This button was visible before with the Canadian keyboard)

GRuthen

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else got a "choppy playback" issue for audio? The audio will hang for a fraction of a second every few seconds. The problem is occassionally not present, but once it starts, all players are affected (Groove, Spotify, Podcast). The weird thing is, call audio is fine, and video audio is also fine. It's really annoying!

I've tried hard and soft resets. I've tried shutdown, remove battery and wait 30s, restart. I've tried the default Win 10, the Slow Insider build, and the Fast Insider build (14332). I've tried the Device Recovery Tool. Device soft reset. I've rebuilt it 4 times now. Any other suggestions??? feels like it might be a HW fault

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven