L950, gorilla glass 3 or 4?

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

As the thread title says, does the L950 come with Gorilla glass 3 or Gorilla glass 4?

The Microsoft store still shows GG4 for L950, while country specific links including the ones in UK and India show GG3.

Can someone confirm it officially from Microsoft?

MODS:- Please move this thread if there's already a discussion on this.

Thanks!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Here is a link to the MS Store in Canada saying GG4.

Buy Microsoft Lumia 950 ? Unlocked - Microsoft Store Online

I see the Microsoft Store listing as showing GG3 for the Lumia 950. See below and scroll down the page a little:
Microsoft Lumia 950 Features - Microsoft - USA

clearly shows Gorilla Glass 3 on both the Microsoft US and UK sites:
Microsoft Lumia 950 Specifications - Microsoft - USA

and fwiw the ATT site also shows Gorilla Glass 3
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ttps://www.att.com/buy/phones/&token=uO382pYw

OK - just to add to the confusion :)
I checked the microsoft US store website for the UNLOCKED and ATT 950 both show Gorilla Glass 4
Buy Microsoft Lumia 950 ? Unlocked - Microsoft Store
Buy Microsoft Lumia 950 - Microsoft Store

The other links i provided earlier are for the non-store, but specifications site for the 950 on the US and UK sites...

GG (Good GAWD) :)

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I just tweeted Gabe about this pointing out the disparity in information. I don't know if he'll answer, but I figured it was worth a shot.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just tweeted Gabe about this pointing out the disparity in information. I don't know if he'll answer, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Poor Gabe. I don't Twit, but from what I hear the guy never gets a break from his Twit acct.

Isn't he software?

Is there not a more specific hardware person that it would more appropriate to FaceTwitGramSnapG+ ???

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Would be really disappointing if L950 actually comes with GG3.

Just look at how Sony came out with the Z5 line up, compromised nothing with the Z5 compact model when compared with Z5. Already they have plonked in the 808 processor, though I don't have any issues with that, as even my 3 yr old L920 with S4 processor is sufficiently fast for daily usage with W10 latest build for insiders.

But there is definitely distinctness in properties between GG3 and GG4, and it would definitely make difference during accidental falls. I hope MSFT is not compromising on this in the name of cost-saving!

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Poor Gabe. I don't Twit, but from what I hear the guy never gets a break from his Twit acct.

Isn't he software?

Is there not a more specific hardware person that it would more appropriate to FaceTwitGramSnapG+ ???

Yah, I think its Joe Belfiore (Sp) but he's away on sabatical. Just hit up Panos Panay on twitter. Maybe he'll answer...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Would be really disappointing if L950 actually comes with GG3.

Just look at how Sony came out with the Z5 line up, compromised nothing with the Z5 compact model when compared with Z5. Already they have plonked in the 808 processor, though I don't have any issues with that, as even my 3 yr old L920 with S4 processor is sufficiently fast for daily usage with W10 latest build for insiders.

But there is definitely distinctness in properties between GG3 and GG4, and it would definitely make difference during accidental falls. I hope MSFT is not compromising on this in the name of cost-saving!

I may be wrong but I believe the 3 is better scratch resistant and the 4 is better crack resistant

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
GG3 or GG4?

For those who already received their L950; What does the box and or documentation say about Gorilla Glass?

The microsoft.com website says GG3 and the microsoftstore.com website says GG4...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb