L950, gorilla glass 3 or 4?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: GG3 or GG4?

There are a few people who can give the right answer; The people who have the L950, but only if Microsoft mentioned it on the box or in the included documents...

I checked all the documentation that came with my AT&T 950 and it says nothing about Gorilla Glass. Loss.

Dennis Bakker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: GG3 or GG4?

I checked all the documentation that came with my AT&T 950 and it says nothing about Gorilla Glass. Loss.

Thanks for checking. I hope for everyone with a L950 that it has GG4. I pre-ordered a XL, but was just curious about the L950 because I just recently decided that I should get me a XL. I pre-ordered earlier a L950...

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyway that anybody who works on this site can get an official response from Microsoft? I'd really like to know and all of my options seem to be exhausted...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyway that anybody who works on this site can get an official response from Microsoft? I'd really like to know and all of my options seem to be exhausted...

I think Daniel mentioned in his AMA thread that he'll try to get a concrete response from MS on Monday, which is today.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't worry unless it's straight glass. I put these on ALL my phones from the get go.

Amazon.com: Nacodex? - Nokia Lumia 520 526 525 - Tempered Glass Screen Protector Microsoft Windows Phone,5mp [9h Hardness?] [Real Explosion-proof?]: Cell Phones & Accessories ?tag=wpcentral00-20t%3Dwpcentral00-20&m1k=vb_wp

I get between 7H - 10H. The times the phones have fallen, only the S.P shatters so these work superisingly well (in my experiences).

That looks sweet. I'd still like to know what we're working with though.

Last edited:

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
The type of gorilla glass used is preventing some of you from buying the phones? Wow, and here I thought I was picky.

GG3 is more resistant to scratches, and GG4 is more resistant to drops. It makes sense that the smaller 950 (the only one available from any carrier) uses a more scratch resistant glass, and the larger, and potentially harder device to hold, uses a more drop resistant glass.

http://www.evolutivelabs.com/blogs/news/17122293-gorilla-glass-3-vs-4

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
The type of gorilla glass used is preventing some of you from buying the phones? Wow, and here I thought I was picky.

GG3 is more resistant to scratches, and GG4 is more resistant to drops. It makes sense that the smaller 950 (the only one available from any carrier) uses a more scratch resistant glass, and the larger, and potentially harder device to hold, uses a more drop resistant glass.

Gorilla Glass 3 vs 4, Gorilla glass 3 vs Gorilla glass 4

Definitely not preventing me from buying it. I got a 950 on the 18th, lol. But, I'd still like to know the specs of the phone.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
According to a Microsoft Sales Associate "the UK version has the OLED, ClearBlack Corning Gorilla Glass 4 screen" and the the US one has Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
I did not get a answer to the difference of the AMOLED (US) or OLED (UK) sadly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre