[Real Users] My Lumia 950 Review

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: [Real Users] My Lumia 950 Detailed Review

You forgot a couple of annoying issues:

When taking a couple of photos the phone heats up! Then it starts saving photos and that takes some time.
When using Facebook or Twitter for a couple of minutes the phone heats up! Somehow annoying and frustrating!

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site

I love Continuum. It's amazing. I replaced my Surface 3 with my 950. It's doing the job and I can't complain. I just have a couple of comments on attachments via OneDrive. Not as easy and takes some time. But it's not bad for a phone!

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Just some thoughts after two weeks with my 950 (black version)

1. I complained about the design when the phone was presented. Although I still think it's not mind-blowing it doesnt look cheap in my hand. In times with things like golden IPhones the simple appearance of the phone begins to attract me. This lack of bling and the underlying "i'm made for productivity" is something i always liked about windows phone.

2. I simply love that the os is almost the same i know from my pc/Surface. All so familiar.

3. Just Windows 10 (mobil). It is a beauty.

4. Apps, i know. I get everything i need but i can understand the kids wanting the games and applications all their friends use (Pokemon Go etc.). I really hope the Universal App is something that gets more developers interested in Win 10.

5. Battery-life is good after some troble in the first time. I made a post in the appropriate thread.

6. Hello works pretty good (9/10) and i don't think using it in public is awkward. Is it out of beta with the anniversary update?

7. I wanted to stay with my (beloved) 920 for another year untill the Surface Phone. But wit the dramatically fallen prices i no longer could resist. For me it is a good buy at actual prices.

I recently bought a cheap Samsung tablet because i thought i was missing so many cool applications. Well, i found out that I hate Android and the Play Store is full of stuff I don't need. But of course some people will disagree, just fair.
I so much hope windows will survive as a phone os, not only for business but for private users as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

By the end of today, it will be one week officially since I have had a 950. I think I have had enough time to try things out and do a review.
Anyway, let's go:

Short version:

-It feels nice in the hand. Not that big in comparison to the 640.
-Cameras are very good. The "finishing touches" bit is kind of annoying.
-My app experience is alright. It's not as poor, since I have most of what I use and it works well.
-Battery life seems to be a 20-24 hour deal, I'll place it as above average.
-What is bugginess? Not seeing any.
-Iris scanner randomly works for me. 1 out of 8 times at the most, it's much faster to just use my PIN.

Long version.
-The 950 feels great in the hand. Not as great as my iPhone SE, but it feels like it isn't huge to me like some of my previous Androids have been. If not huge, it felt tall. I spend a good amount of time under the hair dryer (in and out of the salon), and it was great that my hand did not get tired or feel strained from holding it. The back of this phone not being metal was great for me because I didn't feel like it was burning me as much. lol. It just felt slightly wider than my Lumia 640. I made a thread about that here, with pictures: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...640-950-actually-slightly-different-size.html

-The cameras (both of them) are pretty good. I have been mostly pleased with every picture I have taken on it. In my case, it's random pictures and selfies, here and there. I say mostly because I'm not a fan of the "finishing touches" thing. I don't use HDR, and I'm indifferent about all of that. I would like if there's a way that I can skip the finishing touches, better. I love the results I see in the lenses but it feels like it's slightly less nicer with the final picture?

-The grand question most people probably want to know is the apps. "How do I deal with the apps? Do I have all of them, etc.". In this week, for the first two days, I picked up my iPhone because I was missing Instagram Stories. To be honest, I am still kind of missing it, but not as much. Instagram is just fine on the 950 for me. Before doing this trial, I noted that there are 2 apps that are lacking/not the same on W10M that I actually use on a regular, pretty much daily basis. One of them is a social media app, and my solution has been to use Edge, which I'm missing the push notifications. The other one is a book app. It's here but so outdated. I use it to check out books, but I use Edge to read said books. That has been great. Everything else, I am good with substitutions or they work great.

-Battery life hasn't fully impressed me. It's not horrible, but it's just above average. It seems like I can use it for 20-24 hours before charging. I have had an oddball day when I have been able to charge it the day after the next. In my opinion, it gets scary hot when fast charging. When it charges slowly, I'm good. I generally slow charge most of the time at work or in the car. To be fair, it does have an estimated time of a day and 6 hours on a full charge. Just missing my iPhone battery life, but this is better than all of the Androids I have tried. I must note that there were 2 days when I have been installing updates.

-Haven't experienced much bugginess software wise. No issues really. Wow, I know, this is short. There really isn't much to say.

-The iris scanner is random. Maybe I need more practice with it but I feel like it takes too long to recognize me most of the time so I'm kind of preferring to just put in the PIN. I would say maybe one out of 8 times, it recognizes me. I do have to give it props for being able to work through my not as light prescription for my glasses though. Very cool, when it does work.

Notes:
-I have had MMS issues that have been resolved thanks to the great patience of @Werentuckl with my particular model.
-I do kind of fear burn-in though with this AMOLED screen.
-I have had random display issues. Not frequent enough to be bothersome but they happen here and there. More so double tap to wake and the power button having a delayed response.

As for if I will keep it, I'm going to have to give it another week. I have really liked some phones I have tried after the first week, and by the second, I started to feel differently. My SE has been the only exception.

Edit: Decided to edit the text around to make it easier to understand. Added a tl;dr version at the top.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Not too bad. One other thing is maybe to disconnect messaging and skype. That should improve battery life.
XVTACVv.jpg

Sent from mTalk

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, no detailed review.
Finally I got to the conclusion that the 950 is a piece of cr*p. The battery life is a joke. You had a year to fix it, Microsoft. Shame on you. Shame on you, Microsoft.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

This is about as detailed as I can get. Not a power user. I've had the U.S. 950DS for a little over 2 weeks on T-Mobile running Anniversary Update.
I don't play games on this phone. No use for Skype or any Office app. OneNote is all I use for a shopping list. Skype and Office apps uninstalled.
The only apps running in the background are:
Chronos Calendar+
Email and accounts
Gestures and touch
MSN News
Mail and Calendar
MetoLens weather app
Microsoft Messaging
MyRadar Ad Free
Network Services
OneDrive
OneNote
Package Tracker (ITECTURE.consulting)
Windows Alarms & Clock
Windows Default Lock Screen
Windows Maps
Your account

I don't use Windows Hello recognition.

Display is really really nice.
Phone is very responsive and pretty fast.
Bluetooth connectivity was a breeze on my 2013 Focus ST with Microsoft SYNC (used for streaming Slacker Radio)
Rear speaker is OK. Loud enough I can hear notifications/ringtone when in another room. Not as tinny as the 830 (also loud)
Call quality is good. I can hear others on the other end well and they can hear me clearly. Not bad at all considering the phone
doesn't use T-Mobile's HD Voice.
The camera is VERY good and takes great detailed pictures. Very happy with the camera. I'm not experiencing the long 'finishing touches'
I save all my photos to an SD card and can view them almost instantaneously. Love the camera.
Battery life is very acceptable for me with my usage. Starting with a full charge at 6am the phone has never been below 70% at 4pm.
My usage is generally light/moderate at work with acceptable LTE signal. No phone calls, 5-10 texts, one or two emails, glancing over several news
stories via MSN News, DailyMail Online, Windows Central app, viewing some short videos via LiveLeak+ app, browsing thru Readit, Monocle Giraffe

Thus far I haven't encountered anything to make me dislike this phone. I'm happy with it at the moment.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

This is about as detailed as I can get. Not a power user. I've had the U.S. 950DS for a little over 2 weeks on T-Mobile running Anniversary Update.
I don't play games on this phone. No use for Skype or any Office app. OneNote is all I use for a shopping list. Skype and Office apps uninstalled.
The only apps running in the background are:
Chronos Calendar+
Email and accounts
Gestures and touch
MSN News
Mail and Calendar
MetoLens weather app
Microsoft Messaging
MyRadar Ad Free
Network Services
OneDrive
OneNote
Package Tracker (ITECTURE.consulting)
Windows Alarms & Clock
Windows Default Lock Screen
Windows Maps
Your account

I don't use Windows Hello recognition.

Display is really really nice.
Phone is very responsive and pretty fast.
Bluetooth connectivity was a breeze on my 2013 Focus ST with Microsoft SYNC (used for streaming Slacker Radio)
Rear speaker is OK. Loud enough I can hear notifications/ringtone when in another room. Not as tinny as the 830 (also loud)
Call quality is good. I can hear others on the other end well and they can hear me clearly. Not bad at all considering the phone
doesn't use T-Mobile's HD Voice.
The camera is VERY good and takes great detailed pictures. Very happy with the camera. I'm not experiencing the long 'finishing touches'
I save all my photos to an SD card and can view them almost instantaneously. Love the camera.
Battery life is very acceptable for me with my usage. Starting with a full charge at 6am the phone has never been below 70% at 4pm.
My usage is generally light/moderate at work with acceptable LTE signal. No phone calls, 5-10 texts, one or two emails, glancing over several news
stories via MSN News, DailyMail Online, Windows Central app, viewing some short videos via LiveLeak+ app, browsing thru Readit, Monocle Giraffe

Thus far I haven't encountered anything to make me dislike this phone. I'm happy with it at the moment.
Nice! It sounds like you made a great choice in trying it out. I must ask, do you still use Slacker Radio? I noticed that you didn't list it, and I remember your issues with the audio quality(?) with just the Windows Mobile app.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Nice! It sounds like you made a great choice in trying it out. I must ask, do you still use Slacker Radio? I noticed that you didn't list it, and I remember your issues with the audio quality(?) with just the Windows Mobile app.
Yes I've got Slacker Radio installed and I do stream it. Audio quality isn't as good as it is on my android and iPhone. :straight: ... it's tolerable tho.
The Slacker Radio Windows Mobile app sorely lacks in options that are available on android and iphone. On android and iphone there's the options:
Explicit Content --- on or off
Prefetching --- on or off
Volume Normalization --- on or off
Audio Stream Quality --- 64 KBPS ... 128 KBPS ... 320 KBPS
Mobile Network Refresh --- on or off

The Windows mobile app basically just has the Explicit Content --- on or off

But wow what a difference (to me) in the streaming audio quality (I prefer 320 KBPS). I much prefer streaming using either android or iphone. I'm sure Windows system defaults to 64 KBPS .... plus on Windows mobile there's definitely a difference in volume from one song to the next because of a lack of Volume Normalization option. :eck:

These are the options differences that stand out the most between the systems.

EDIT: Desktop app gives streaming quality option
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site

I picked up a white 950 recently, coming from a 640 and also a Note 4 for work. During the initial set up the phone was really hot and slow - store apps updates were tedious. I was worried!
However, once the Anniversary build landed, installed, and all apps got fully updated its running totally cool to the touch. Battery life seems fine, its early days but the battery app I usually use as a guide tells me its using 1.5% per hour which isn't much. (One thing I will not put on any phone is Facebook Messenger, a known battery hog).

So far, looking good.

EDIT: Forgot to mention double tap to wake is working.

Last edited:

olympija

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the review, I love Lumia very much. It's of good quality always. It works perfectly.

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I've been using my 950 for about 6 weeks now. I'm generally quite pleased.

The display is excellent, and it makes non-hardware buttons a non-issue, with a dark theme. I was expecting to hate this coming from a 1020. The screen size is great. Big enough to be very readable and show lots of any image or webpage, but not so big as to not fit in pockets or need two hands.

The phone runs the OS buttery smooth. I almost never see a "resuming..." screen, which was a constant on my 1020. That said, it comes with a price. The battery life is OK. Not as good as my 1020 in its prime, where it was easy to get 2 days. But 1 day is no sweat, even a day and a quarter. Either way, I always top it off when I have the chance, as I'm rarely without my laptop. It gets rather warm under load, but not hot. Fast charging is cool, but I tend to prefer USB C charging from my laptop, to strain the battery less and generate less heat.

The camera is excellent, and almost always beats my wife's iPhone 6. Comparing it to a friend's Galaxy Note 7, it seems about tied. It doesn't match my 1020 on landscape shots (very little does, maybe only iPhone 7 Plus), but for close-up family pictures it is way better due to speed. Burst mode is a godsend for fast-moving kids.

I adore the ability to expand storage and replace batteries. 32gb of storage was my main beef with the 1020 (in addition to speed of internals). I don't really get criticisms of the exterior aesthetics. I was dubious of the camera ring when I saw the previews, but I adore it now, as well as the shiny Windows logo. I have it in a clear TPU case and I always enjoy looking at it.

W10M is mostly a lot of fun to use. Microsoft's own apps are superior to their W8.1 counterparts. Facebook and Messenger finally have feature parity (if not speed parity) with their Android/iOS counterparts. Outlook Mail is superb. Settings is better. Edge is waaaaay better at rendering pages than IE on 8.1, and it still has reading mode, which I love. Unfortunately, there are still bugs (I'm on release preview). Sharing from News and other apps doesn't work to Facebook (FACEBOOK! The one thing people want to share to...) and require copy and paste workarounds for links. The notification screen just started sending me to the wrong email in the past day. So it's hit and miss. I love the constant updates, but they keep screwing up some of the very basics, which I never once had a problem with on 8.1.

Also, the W10M word flow keyboard sucks compared to 8.1. A real pain to use, since it only gets about 75% right/close. Grr...

Overall, I'm glad I waited until it was $300. I find myself wondering if things would have been different with a $399 street price on release.

Last edited:

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

After about three months with the phone.... I'll go from the 'outside in'....

The positives:

- Looks: Subjective of course, but I really like the way the phone looks. I've never been a fan of too much bling, so to me it's just good looking enough. As I've said numerous times, a lot of the people that complain about the bland looks and the 'plastic' back will drop their phones in a case anyway, at which point all you see is the screen and the case making the complaint completely irrelevant. So, I like the way it looks.

- Form factor: Just large enough for me. I came from a smaller phone and I think this is a good size for me. The 950XL felt a bit too big. Perhaps I will eventually get used to it and accept a larger phone, but for now it's perfect.

- Screen quality: Excellent. My friend took a beautiful shot of a watch and sent it to me so I could see it. We were sitting together and he was blown away by how much better my screen looked and how much further it zoomed. He had an iPhone.

- Signing in: I like the double-tap followed by the iris scan. I'm normally not that paranoid, but it feels nice knowing that nobody looking over my shoulder can see me type the pin to access the phone.

- Start screen: I love how I can arrange not just what to pin to the start page or where it goes, but also how large the tiles are. The live tiles with information I care about, such as emails and weather, get the large size, and the others get a medium or small size. The apps I use the least get put into folders according to function. Very nice.

- UI in general: Love it! Love it, love it, love it!!! Much much better feel than Android in my opinion. Very fluid, very sleek. For the most part quite inuitive. I've searched for a handful of things, but mostly I just figure things out.

- Drop-down menu: Good. I get enough of the most used features from the "tile grid" (don't know what it's called), and I get notifications. It's pretty much all I need. Nice touch that pressing-holding an item actually brings you to its settings-location. So pressing-holding my wi-fi tile brings me to wi-fi settings.

- Included MS apps: For the most part quite good. The phone did what I needed it to do right out of the box. Email, texting, contacts, search, etc.

- OneDrive: So far I like it quite a bit. Convenient access to files.

- Camera: It's great! I do feel that the automatic adjustments done to pictures are sometimes too flattering, but on the other hand I can save raw images if I want higher quality anyway.

- Cortana: Good (see below). I'm able to ask questions that are either answered by Cortana or sends me to a webpage with search results. I can also schedule events and notifications and notes via 'her'. I think this functionality to many may be a bit of a gimmic, but I'm finding more and more that it's easier and faster to just issue verbal commands than typing on the keyboard (see below). Quite nice.

- App selection: People might find it an issue that I put this in the "positives" section, considering the "app gap", but after three months I still haven't been in a situation where I went "I wish there was an app that does this" and then searched and found out it was only available for Android or iOS. My bank has an app, there's enough social media junk (not a big fan of social media), and enough productivity apps.

- Continuum: I'm listing this in the 'positives' section for a couple of reasons; firstly, there are times when my pretty heavily equipped PC is shut down or sleeping and all I want to do is to check sms, email and weather before leaving for work early in the morning. Turning my PC on at that point is not something I want to do. If the phone is charging anyway all I have to do is turn on the screen and there it is. Secondly, I think this is a promising technology that will grow. I'm excited about it as a nerd. I admit that. I am a bit nerdy.

- Groove Music: Good quality. Good selection.

- "File and device access": I have a hard time finding a good term for it, but the fact that I can shove a USB drive into the phone or dock and see all files is fantastic (I work in media production). Since I have the dock I make use of that as well. I connected an expensive headphone amplifier via USB, and my phone automatically began outputting audio to it! At least a few years ago according to my friends (and maybe still), transferring files was a bother on iOS, and is one reason I disqualify it. And now of course Apple is ditching even more connections, so it's definitely out of the question today.

- Microsoft Wallet: I like it a lot. Again, I'm only moderately paranoid, but depending on the location it's actually quite nice to tap-to-pay without having to punch in a pin code with people watching me. I also used it for the first time at the ATM where I first opened the door to the ATM location using my phone and then after iris-unlocking it made a withdrawal.

- Price: Well, like, it's not that much money for the above. A great deal even, in my opinion.

How about negatives then? Well, here they are:

- Occasionally an app will begin to launch and then "poof". It's actually not a huge deal, because all I have to do is re-launch it. It takes me about four extra seconds to do that, and it doesn't happen that often.

- Cortana occasionally gets moody and refuses to respond when I call her. Fortunately manually launching her will restore the functionality. Somewhat annoying.

- I find Microsoft's services and functions in general to be cumbersome to navigate and understand. It's easy enough to link emails, took me only about a minute, and it's easy enough to link inboxes, but it seemed way more complicated to import contacts into a MS account and make that my sole primary account while getting rid of at least one of the others. And I find that this applies every now and then to other services as well. It's as if the corporation is so large it's had difficulties consolidating everything to make the user experience manageable. Once you've gone through the maze it's all logical, but getting through it can be tedius.

- Keyboard: By far the biggest issue I have with the phone is the keyboard. By far. And it is an important and annoying issue to me. It interprets so many words perfectly, and then just gets completely stuck on others. And I even look exactly at how my finger moves and compare the suggested word with it, and it should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that the suggestion is simply "impossible". In other words my finger might have moved in a different direction between letters, or not at all when the suggestion says it did.... I have no idea what the issue is, but it is irritating me. Fortunately I can use the speech-to-text function for some of it which is fine, and I can also obviously just type normally as opposed to swiping.

Anyway, there's my too-long review. In conclusion I think that given the price it's a clear winner. The positives by far outweighs the negatives. I do see a future in Win 10 Mobile and Continuum for at least "professionals", so I don't have a problem with people proclaiming its death (other than that being annoyingly ignorant (I say that now at least)). I was tired of Android and had an LG Android phone that was degrading into garbage, and my computers at home were all Windows, so this was a natural step for me. Quite happy so far.

:grin:

ananimus

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Stumbled across this page because of mattiasnyc's post above while looking for a support group. I'm on day one with my Lumia 950 to try something shiny after two years on a Lumia 735, WP8.1. I agree with everything he said...

Especially the keyboard. I cannot get over some of the stupid mistakes this thing is making. Capitalizing words like "Got" in the middle of a sentence. Completely refusing to accept a word. Always capitalizing Word on first attempt. Not being able to swipe the Word "capitalize" ever. This paragraph is already turning itself into a farce.

See! Seven times before I gave up and had to type farce, too. Word flow always accepted almost any word deliberately drawn, often even if I made a mistake (for longer words).

I'll return with a longer review after more quality time. But my god, how have you all been living with this keyboard on W10m? Having just come from WP8.1 yesterday, this is truly wretched in comparison.

Loving So (why capitalized!?) many other things about the device and software though!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

I stumbled upon another Windows 10 Mobile 'feature' I now like quite a bit:

I can create a couple of main folders in Outlook Mail and pin them to the start page! I didn't really understand that before. I think this is really great since I now can set up an automatic rule to dump all my work contacts' email into a "work" folder and pin that next to my general unified inbox folder. So if I look at the start screen I can easily see right away if an email is work related or not by virtue of which tile the notification is in. Don't even have to open Outlook to see it, just a quick glance. And then of course if I want to review that folder specifically I go straight to it when I press it.

Great feature!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I stumbled upon another Windows 10 Mobile 'feature' I now like quite a bit:

I can create a couple of main folders in Outlook Mail and pin them to the start page! I didn't really understand that before. I think this is really great since I now can set up an automatic rule to dump all my work contacts' email into a "work" folder and pin that next to my general unified inbox folder. So if I look at the start screen I can easily see right away if an email is work related or not by virtue of which tile the notification is in. Don't even have to open Outlook to see it, just a quick glance. And then of course if I want to review that folder specifically I go straight to it when I press it.

Great feature!

Good eye, I never knew that you could do that. Thank you for sharing!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, it's nice.

I'm in the process of moving over to Outlook from Ya-Emailgotbrokenintoalongwith999million999thousand999otherpeople's-hoo and so I'm redoing my folders and filters etc. I looked into Boomerang which seems kind'a convenient actually, and it too has a folder which can be pinned.

gumbedamit

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

My 950 is losing its luster because the Windows 10 builds are getting worse. Sometimes apps wont start or render because I have too many apps open, which forces me to close them before I relaunch a new app. There are sometimes when i just have to do a soft reset just to get things to run correctly. The other day I brought up a map location in Bing, then decided that I wanted directions, guess what, instead of launching Maps/GPS it launched another browser page with written directions on how to get to my location, WOW! I've been using Windows Phone when the 920 first launched, all the original integration was great, didn't have to launch an app to get or reply. PEOPLE HUB was great!!!! No longer smooth and fluid. I don't want to go back to Android. MS Please step up and get it together..........

blackherrie

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

Hereby I want to share my first days with the Lumia 950.
Some back ground information. I'm coming from an complete Apple eco system. Meaning iPhone's (6s) for my wife and me, iPads, Apple-tv, Macbook pro. And the software services : Apple music, iTunes match, iCloud storage.

In about 1 year we have left the apple eco system. Started Jan 2015 and the last service apple music stopped 28 dec 2016.
We have switched to Microsoft office 365. Since a few days I own an lumia 950. It was pretty cheap compared to the iPhone.
As described, we were deep in the apple eco system, using iPhones since they came out here in the Netherlands.
My wife is keeping her iPhone and using it. I'm completely over to Microsoft. Where my iPhone is playing backup for just in case.
Since we have stopped the apple music, we chose to go for Spotify.
With stopping the iCloud storage including iCloud photo's we switched to OneDrive what come with the office 365.

My first thoughts about the phone when I got it.
* It is not that much bigger as my previous iPhone 6S. Feels a bit the same in the hand.
Thought it was much bigger.
* It is looking good. Nothing more or less. I just don't care much about the looks.

First thoughts after starting up. And setting up the phone.
* Setting up went pretty smooth. I had already an office 365 account, so that worked straight forward. No suprises there.

* Directly after the setup, the phone started to feel a bit warm. So was checking and I noticed that there were updates running : 41 apps. Typical windows I guess. When you want to use it there are 2 hours of updates waiting.

* After setup and updated finished the phone was very responsive. Smooth with scrolling, starting up apps etc.

I'm not much of an app user. So I do not have any issues with the app gap or how it is called. Mainly used on my iPhone Shazam / iTunes / And 1 game : blitz. Further used the Bose app for our soundtouch 520 system just for power it on to play internet radio.
Blitz and the bose app are no showstopper.

After a few days usage.
* The phone feels good in my hands. Starting up apps goes fast.

* Internet browser Edge is doing his job fine. Didnt notice any issues yet.

* OneDrive is working perfect. My photo's are synched to OneDrive. Photo's can be deleted on the phone without losing them from the iCloud. With the iCloud this was no go. Deleting photo's on an iPhone means you delete it from the iCloud.

* Office apps are working like a charm.

* What I'm currently missing is an sleep timer. I did use the iPhone as music player for bed. After setting up the timer you could chose that the music stopped playing.
Did not find such option on the Lumia. Have downloaded an app for that, but that does not work. Music keeps going. No showstopper, not handy. Perhaps have to look further for an app.

* Further I had 2 strange things. The 2nd day I could not hear anyone when I answered an telephone call. They could hear me. When put on speaker mode, they could hear me and I them. Had to restart the phone. Solved it for that day.
The day after (3rd day) the sync to OneDrive stopped. No errors, it just didn't sync. Had to reboot. And that solved the issue.

In short after 5 days. Very pleased with the phone. It just does everything I want.
It does not feel as an step down or up coming from an iPhone. I'm really pleased with the camera button. Taking an photo goes very fast. I'm Taking lots of photo's on my phones. So very handy.
And what i REALLY like is that the pictures you take on the phone cane be removed without deleting them from the OneDrive.

Looking for:
* What I'm currently looking for is something to edit video's on the phone, like iMovie. Not the same off course but an easy program to use. I like to edit videos a bit to share them with family.

* Sleep timer so that spotify stops playing music after some time when we are in bed.

* Perhaps buy an dock, to use continuum. Currently I add my laptop to the TV via hdmi. And using wireless mouse and keyboard. Not sure if it add anything, perhaps just to play a bit with it.

Again, this is after 5 days use. Very pleased that we have switched to the Microsoft eco system.

Sorry for the english, tried my best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers