[Showing Off] My Lumia 950 Start + Lock Screens

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
This is where you show off, brag, make others jealous and share tips and how to's for your Start Screen and Lock Screen layouts.

To take a screenshot quickly press the Volume Up & Power buttons at the same time. Screenshots have their own folder inside the Photos App,

Get your layout pimped and post the results right here...

SunMan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
My phone says 'Couldn't take screenshot' when I press volume up and power buttons. Maybe we are all having this issue.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
My phone says 'Couldn't take screenshot' when I press volume up and power buttons. Maybe we are all having this issue.

I've had this on several WP's on occasion. I don't know if there is an easier solution, but I shut down, then turn it back on, and it's good.

Bradleykinz

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I had that happen on my 1020 a few times and each time that message popped up, the screenshot still saved. So check your photos to see if the screenshot is there.

DaStivi

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
sorry to be sligthly offtopic, but maybe someone is interessted in a wallpaper i created for my lumia 950 (that i didn't) received yet...
just can show off my lumia 920 screen that will be the same on my lumia 950 as soon as i get it :)

wp_ss_20151120_0002.jpg

Unicorn Shitting Rainbows Ninja Cat.jpg

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I've played around for just a bit with a number of photos and settings, and tbh, I prefer it with no photo. There is so much data being displayed in the tiles, and with all the transparancies, putting a photo back there just seems to make everything look too busy for me.

However, I do like a nice lockscreen photo :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Possibly a nice abstract on the Start?

When I do my wallpapers on phone I usually ask Cortana 2 things and one of them color, then scan the photo results for something to grab...

Red clouds, golden splash, purple mountains... You get the idea.

FWIW 8.1 is much the same. Too detailed a pic just gets chopped by all the tile activity. Broad strokes seem to be key.

Otherwise you would want many blank areas for a busy background to show clear, then you have to scroll down to get to most of your apps. That is another school some favor.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've always gone simple. Nothing too busy in terms of a photo background on the Home Screen. I still just use the basic color.

But here are my Lock and Home Screens.

wp_ss_20151122_0001.jpgwp_ss_20151122_0003.jpg

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Lock Screen Images

Does anyone know if we can the lock screen images off the 830 to use on this phone. The samples
they gave us on this phone does not have a big selection.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lock Screen Images

Save any photo/image to your phone and then browse for it as you have for the ones you've found. I emailed 1020 images to my 950 on day 1 to use for my lock and start screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077