Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
ATT store only had the Case Mate and the Bodyguardz (screen protector). Picked up both when I got the Lumia on Nov 20. The 950 was just too light and slippery and I wanted something right away to grasp onto. The case provides for a firm grip without adding a lot of bulk. I just wish a holster was available as I prefer to wear my device on my hip and don't want a pouch. I ordered an LK holster combo from Amazon along with my new SD card but the holster is just too tight a fit with the case and you can't pull the phone out!

The "Smudge-free ScreenGuardz Pure (Bodyguardz)" tempered glass fits just right and easy to install.

I've never paid AT&T for a case. Usually over charge for them.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

big_tweeties

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it looked like it added quite a bit of width. The grip seems decent, but like with the other case, I'm not fond of the black with orange as an accent. I MIGHT give it a ago, I'll have to look more closely.

and plus, one of the reviews said that wireless charging doesnt work due to the thickness of the case.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
All the cases currently suck or are wildly overpriced. That's a bummer. But if I was a case manufacturer (aside from the awful Chinese junk ones), I wouldn't bother making cases for a phone that is probably going to sell 10,000 units. Looks like I'll stick with my old reliable GT-5000 GUN TAPE! That stuff is amazing... It does not peel off under any circumstances. I use it on my mouse, Xbox controller, you name it. It still amazes me how Microkia has never made a phone that isn't as slippery as possible. I just need something to keep it from sliding out of my pocket when I sit down.

I'm not worried about damaging the shell, because it is so easily replaced. And I am not worried about damaging the screen because it has Gorilla Glass 4, and there are too many reports of screen protectors causing the touchscreen to act crazy(ier than it already does).

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am just looking for a single layer of protection for the glass if the phone drops. Doesnt have to be anything special but I am definitely not giving up Qi for it.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I picked up an Amzer TPU Pudding case and a tempered glass screen. I also picked up some Nokia charging stands on eBay for $15 a piece...they still work. I also picked up a JBL Powerup brand new for $50...eBay is the home of two year old product deals...they still work though!

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
And I am not worried about damaging the screen because it has Gorilla Glass 4, and there are too many reports of screen protectors causing the touchscreen to act crazy(ier than it already does).
Actually it's Gorilla Glass 3 on the 950 and 4 on the XL.
Not saying that 3 is not as good as 4, just different.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually it's Gorilla Glass 3 on the 950 and 4 on the XL.
Not saying that 3 is not as good as 4, just different.

It is strong. My fianc? dropped her phone the other day onto the concrete ground (fell out of her pocket), no damage at all. I was pretty surprised/impressed.

Blashkyrk

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It is strong. My fianc? dropped her phone the other day onto the concrete ground (fell out of her pocket), no damage at all. I was pretty surprised/impressed.

Actually Gorilla 3 might be more scratch resistant than Gorilla 4. If I got it right the main focus for creating 4 was to make it more shatter proof at the same time keep the scratch resistance. If I read the figures right (big IF there) the Gorilla 3 is tougher to scratch but Gorilla 4 is more flexible and thus will not break or shatter as easily when bent or dropped.
My old 1020 have one real scratch and that came from dropping it on asfalt. I slided along a meter or so face down. That created one scratch. Not very deep but visable. And the 1020 has Gorilla 3. So I think keys and pocket stuff is quite safe but gravel and small stones can be very sharp. Much tougher than steel.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually Gorilla 3 might be more scratch resistant than Gorilla 4. If I got it right the main focus for creating 4 was to make it more shatter proof at the same time keep the scratch resistance. If I read the figures right (big IF there) the Gorilla 3 is tougher to scratch but Gorilla 4 is more flexible and thus will not break or shatter as easily when bent or dropped.

Took a quick look and it does appear you're correct. GG 4 is better at preventing shattering when dropped at the expense of some scratch resistance. Larger screen size on the XL would make shatter resistance a bit more important than scratch resistance.

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone has found a decent tempered glass screen protector that is strong and thin and covers the hole screen with proper holes on top and bottom? Most of the ones i found have square cuts on top for the hearpiece and sensors...

Thanks

BjornDoD

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
It's pricy, but it's recommended by Microsoft and has the nicer cut out holes.

Wish I could find an European retailer. :(

I can't post links, but search for Incipio Plex Shield Tempered Glass Microsoft 950.

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, i've founded that one too. It's the only one with the cut holes. Can't find decent, cheaper alternatives in europe.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb