What the heck is wrong with this phone!!!!

doghouseriley

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Just out of the box and major 950 issued. Cannot access settings, add accounts or do anything other than make calls (which sound exceptional). Anyone else having software issues??

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Just out of the box and major 950 issued. Cannot access settings, add accounts or do anything other than make calls (which sound exceptional). Anyone else having software issues??

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Try a factory reset? Might help.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
try windows device recovery tool?? no clue if the is supported yet, but it could have just been a bad flash at factory

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
dbd0704212b523fd2ca48d2325f4f3d9.png

U try the reset with the hardware buttons?

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Just a reminder, this latest build of W10m has problems with factory resets. Use the Windows Device Recovery Tool if you need to reset it.

Only if you are upgrading from an earlier build (w10m or wp8.1). New phones like the 950 and XL will not be affected by this bug.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Double Tap to Wake does not appear to be included/enabled right now. Hey Cortana is no longer in the settings app. To activate Hey Cortana, open Cortana and go to the Notebook. The option is under Settings.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Double Tap to Wake is under Settings > Extra > Touch. Toggle switch there to turn it on or off.

Double Tab Nav Bar to sleep is under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen, and scroll to bottom.

Not sure why they separate that.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Double Tap to Wake is under Settings > Extra > Touch. Toggle switch there to turn it on or off.

Double Tab Nav Bar to sleep is under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen, and scroll to bottom.

Not sure why they separate that.

Do you have a 950? Because people who own them are reporting that it's not under settings-extra-touch. I'm just repeating what I read, I won't get mine until tomorrow night.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster