What the heck is wrong with this phone!!!!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps the 950's AMOLED doesn't support double-tap to wake? Or not in the firmware? Do other AMOLED phones have double-tap to wake?

No, I don't have a 950. But if someone would be kind enough to send me one ;) I'll make sure to test it well for everyone.

I mentioned where it was in settings, because the OP appears to be new to W10M. Doesn't hurt to be thorough where we can be.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
That's so odd!!! My 640XL running the latest build has both options.

I'm running Build 10.0.10586.11, and it has both options. The 950 is running build 10.0.10586.3, and it doesn't have the option. However, it isn't the build number. I suspect it needs to be enabled as "capable" in the firmware, as Vitor has pointed out. It was probably disabled in the firmware because of certain issues they were having with the hardware specific to the 950. I'm sure it will get it eventually.

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Do you have a 950? Because people who own them are reporting that it's not under settings-extra-touch. I'm just repeating what I read, I won't get mine until tomorrow night.

Can confirm with Lumia 950, there's no Double Tap to wake under Extras->Touch. Double Tap Nav to sleep IS there however...

gke565

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Had this problem with one of the two 950s I bought. Seems the first one connected to an access point at the ATT store that was too slow so it couldn't complete the sign in. Restarted the phone and the sales rep connected to private network on both and they went right through. Maybe had a bad wireless connection?

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
We can verify this with the unlocked 950 from the ms store. Hopefully as more users get them we will have a definitive answer.

I can confirm that the longest "Screen times out after" setting I have is 5 minutes. Using ATT Lumia 950. However, I have an work email tied to this and not sure if that is limiting options. One tap to wake is enabled on all Lumia 950s...it's called the power button :p

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that the longest "Screen times out after" setting I have is 5 minutes. Using ATT Lumia 950. However, I have an work email tied to this and not sure if that is limiting options. One tap to wake is enabled on all Lumia 950s...it's called the power button :p

Strange. I wonder why the 950 has those screen timeouts crippled. I'm on 10.0.10586.11, and the lockscreen timeouts are 30 seconds, 1, 3, 5, 15, 30 minutes, and never on my Lumia 640.

For me, power button gets blocked by my desktop cradle, and I have to dismount it to operate the power button. Double-tap to wake is highly convenient in those situations. It's like this... "I'm spoiled rotten, and I'm too lazy to pick up the phone so I can press the power button." LOL

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Strange. I wonder why the 950 has those screen timeouts crippled. I'm on 10.0.10586.11, and the lockscreen timeouts are 30 seconds, 1, 3, 5, 15, 30 minutes, and never on my Lumia 640.

For me, power button gets blocked by my desktop cradle, and I have to dismount it to operate the power button. Double-tap to wake is highly convenient in those situations. It's like this... "I'm spoiled rotten, and I'm too lazy to pick up the phone so I can press the power button." LOL

What we really need is someone with a 950 to take one for the team and download the Insider Build. Maybe the screen lock and double tap to wake settings will be there. Unfortunately, I'm not going to do this with my 950, I've been using insider build on my 1020 long enough...still wiping away the tears.

All joking aside, you make a really good point about the cradles and car mounts. The double tap to wake would be essential in this instance. FYI, I double checked the Nokia wireless charging car adapter (the original, smaller one) and it fits my 950 and case-mate tough without covering the power button.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
What we really need is someone with a 950 to take one for the team and download the Insider Build. Maybe the screen lock and double tap to wake settings will be there. Unfortunately, I'm not going to do this with my 950, I've been using insider build on my 1020 long enough...still wiping away the tears.

All joking aside, you make a really good point about the cradles and car mounts. The double tap to wake would be essential in this instance. FYI, I double checked the Nokia wireless charging car adapter (the original, smaller one) and it fits my 950 and case-mate tough without covering the power button.

I should be getting mine tomorrow, apparently the att rep I dealt with wasn't lie in when he said he pre-ordered the phone for me.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Does that mean you are volunteering to download the Insider Fast Ring Build?

There is a recovery tool so sure, worst case scenario I go to a Microsoft Store in the reorder me a new one. My question is, is there a way to reflash/reinstall windows without ATT contaminants?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
There is a recovery tool so sure, worst case scenario I go to a Microsoft Store in the reorder me a new one. My question is, is there a way to reflash/reinstall windows without ATT contaminants?
That would be unbranding, there's a thread for that (635), remains to be seen whether any of those methods might work.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
How do you download the insider build? I downloaded the Windows insider app and I'm on the fast ring but I'm still running 10586.0, when I check for updates it says there isn't any new ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)