Where is Hey Cortana and Double Tap to Wake?

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I think I watched a video or read an article somewhere saying that the 950/XL will have double tap to wake. Maybe in an upcoming update? I really hope so as I use this feature exclusively over pushing the power button on my M8.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The M8 does have double tap. Skyway was saying it's much more convenient to use the double tap on the M8 as opposed to the power button that resides on top of the phone.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
In regard to double to wake I will use a quote from Keenan Thompson "Just FIX IT!". Had this on my 920 since 2012 along with touch sensitivity adjustment and the tech should have come along with the Nokia purchase. Minor disappointment.

Last edited:

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Daniel said in one of his AMA's over the weekend it might be because of the QHD display that the 950/XL doesn't have Double tap to Wake, yet. Once it's worked out, it'll be added in a Touch update.

Keep on the look out, and tip the Windows Central team when it goes live!

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Daniel said in one of his AMA's over the weekend it might be because of the QHD display that the 950/XL doesn't have Double tap to Wake, yet. Once it's worked out, it'll be added in a Touch update.

Keep on the look out, and tip the Windows Central team when it goes live!

The screen resolution shouldn't have anything to do with it as there are plenty of other phone on the market with qhd displays that support dttw. The odd thing here is that the 950 DOES support double tap to turn off (tap the nav bar), so I see no reason why it shouldn't do both.

mmihalko

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Dont see this in my options...for Cortana.

**OK. Found it. You have to open Cortana, go to menu in upper left corner, then go to Notebook, then settings. :wink:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos