Lumia 950 unlocked dual or single sim in U.S. microsoft store?

ququon

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
OK, so the phone I want to buy is Lumia 950 unlocked dual sim, but it's still confusing the Lumia 950 unlocked in U.S. is dual or single sim

1. I went to microsoft store when they had Lumia 950 xl (the store in San Francisco), and I can confirm it's dual sim, I saw it on the screen and the description said dual sim. but there's no Lumia 950 in the store
2. Now, since Lumia 950 xl had started to take pre-order, it should be the dual sim version that was in the microsoft store, but the description did not mention anything about dual sim, neither did Lumia 950 unlocked
3. I watched the unboxing video of the AT&T Lumia 950, it's obvious that the phone is single sim, but then I think the unlcoked version might be different.
4.I chat with the representative on microsoft's website and the representative said microsoft only sell single sim Lumia 950&950 xl in U.S.
5. Then, I went to the microsoft store in San Francisco today, and they told me both Lumia 950 unlocked and Lumia 950 xl are dual sim, but he told me the dual sim Lumia 950 xl was there(they don't have it now in store), so he might just assumed Lumia 950 unlocked is also dual sim

And yes, I know I can pre-order a international varient Lumia 950 unlocked dual sim from B&H, but it'll ship on December 15th, and microsoft will ship on November 25th, so I would prefer to buy it directly from microsoft

Anyone knows the Lumia 950 unlocked in U.S. is dual or single sim?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately for US users, the assumption from carriers and OEMs is that we don't want Dual SIM. Sad but true.

I would love to have that information for you. I would love to know every Factory Unlocked NAM will be Dual. I believe it probably will be Single. I did see a Canadian posting that they believed they would get a Dual in Canada.

The info is just lacking and garbled.

You could order one from Microsoft and if it is Single SIM return it and go B&H.

IMHO, B&H is great about knowing their product, even future release stuff. Since theirs will likely be LTA, I believe them when they list Dual SIM.

ququon

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I just talked to another representative before I saw your reply, he said at least the phone on microsoft website is single sim and dual sim "might" be only available in store, though I don't think that's possible, I'll try to pre-order Lumia 950 unlocked in store and check if that's dual sim or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb