• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Prime Day 2018
    I am curious to know what apps will support Continuum out of the box. Or for that matter... what apps it might support in the future.

I know MS announced their office apps (onenote, word, excel, outlook) will all scale, but I was disappointed that they did not mention the ability to use a big monitor and full size keyboard to do things like sending text messages using your phone. I don't see why they wouldn't, considering they are attempting to integrate sending text from your PC using Cortana... why would they skip over this?

I am also a bit confused as to why Minecraft (one of their probably flagship games at the moment) wasn't built as a universal app so you could play it using the 950. I wonder if it will be in the future.
    11-19-2015 06:32 AM
    Theoretically, any Universal Windows App that's available on both Mobile and PC will support Continuum, and this should include Messaging + Skype.
    11-19-2015 06:50 AM
    so far: office, skype, a few games and they are a few others that have been listed as UWA (universal windows apps)
    Coming: facebook, twitter, Instagram *rumoured WhatsApp but WhatsApp has WhatsApp web*
    I also saw windows is trying to make win32 apps available with continuum as well
    11-19-2015 07:01 AM
    I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a way to see which apps are universal (easily). Searching only brings me to threads from a year ago or half broken lists created by users. It would be nice if it was viewable as a tab in the Windows Store.

If they bring Win32 support to phones, I'd bet Windows will become a major player, if not overtake the two within a month. If they truly want to "put a PC in everyones pocket", this is absolutely the next step that needs to be taken.
    11-19-2015 10:11 AM
    Theoretically, any Universal Windows App that's available on both Mobile and PC will support Continuum, and this should include Messaging + Skype.
    Correct. Baconit, Pandora, Fedora, Tweetium, all the core apps, GroupMe, Sygic, Trakter, etc. all work.

Edit: Jumped the gun on Fedora, which does not work.
    Last edited by Daniel Rubino; 11-19-2015 at 08:20 PM.
    ashram likes this.
    11-19-2015 10:52 AM
    Maybe this is a stupid question but does Edge work?
    11-19-2015 12:27 PM
    Correct. Baconit, Pandora, Fedora, Tweetium, all the core apps, GroupMe, Sygic, Trakter, etc. all work.
    Mr Rubino, will the new windows central app be universal? Any news on realise (I'm not on twitter, so sometimes I miss some news like that)
    11-19-2015 12:44 PM
    Mr Rubino, will the new windows central app be universal? Any news on realise (I'm not on twitter, so sometimes I miss some news like that)
    It will be universal and I can't remember when Windows Central said the release was planned but I thought it was late November/early December.
    Last edited by Zachary Boddy; 11-21-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    libra89 and rafal soboczynski like this.
    11-19-2015 04:05 PM
    Maybe this is a stupid question but does Edge work?
    Definitely.
    11-19-2015 04:06 PM
    It will be universal and I can't remember when Windows Central said the release was planned but I thought it was late November/early November.
    that's not bad i was thinking more in terms of early 2016. Hope they will realise it soon, we need full futured app for this forum.
    11-19-2015 04:24 PM
    It'll be universal and works with Continuum. You may even catch a glimpse of it tomorrow.
    11-19-2015 08:21 PM
    It'll be universal and works with Continuum. You may even catch a glimpse of it tomorrow.
    Should we expect a review of the 950 with the new app on it?
    11-19-2015 09:39 PM
    Awesome, what a time to be windows mobile user !!!!
    11-20-2015 04:11 AM