A few UI annoyances

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
All in all I'm pretty happy with my 950. But I've encountered couple of annoying things:

First is that the notification count is inconsistent from tile to tile:
notifications.jpg

The second is that the icons for the weather tile are obviously low res:
weather.jpg

I also miss the old tile flip, although the current approach is admittedly less distracting. But tiles for some apps, like Telegram, don't function properly. It dims for an instant like it's switching, but doesn't actually show anything new.

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Anything on a live tile is made by the app developer, not Microsoft. From what I've seen so far any sort of message/notification count are consistent across the MS apps. If you don't like a live tile, give the dev feedback.

And c'mon. Only Windows phone n00bs use MSN Weather. Something like Appy Weather or Blue Skies is a thousand times better.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i have both Blue skies and MSN weather... Blue skies live tile is inconsistent and doesnt always update when it should....

i have to disagree on the notification count on live tiles - if its not, then that should be an element that is dictated by the OS.
I highly doubt that its not dictated by the OS - thats a fundemental item.
I believe that other info is dictated by the dev though...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Anything on a live tile is made by the app developer, not Microsoft. From what I've seen so far any sort of message/notification count are consistent across the MS apps. If you don't like a live tile, give the dev feedback.

And c'mon. Only Windows phone n00bs use MSN Weather. Something like Appy Weather or Blue Skies is a thousand times better.

The latter part of your comment wasn't needed. MSN Weather has it's own advantages, such as being able to set it on lockscreen.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Why would I want a third party app that just replicates functionality already available in the OS? And not necessarily particularly well. And I bet those apps both have the same issue.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Speaking of Telegram, do you have issues with the secret chat? I only can receive messages, but my interlocutor never receives my messages. Even after hard reset etc. Works correctly from an iPhone, so I suspect the WP version is the culprit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss