01-02-2016 02:06 AM
88 1234
tools
    Is VVM still present when you come back to it later?
    yup, with no issue
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-20-2015 01:38 AM
    Just got my 950 this morning and VVM is working fine for me. It prompted me for my PIN the first time I opened the Phone app and haven't had any problems since.

I got a new SIM and also opted not to restore from a backup, if that matters.
    11-20-2015 10:36 PM
    I restored a backup, dialed voicemail, hung up, waited maybe 10 seconds, entered pin when it popped up, vvm has been fine since.
    11-21-2015 03:01 AM
    I'm on the Insider Preview. Have the Lumia Icon. When I click the Voicemail ... it ask for the password, but fails saying that 'Data connection not available'. Anyone have it working with their Icon?
    11-21-2015 08:54 AM
    For people having issues with VVM, have you tried changing your password?? Just curious...
    RumoredNow and jpw21683 like this.
    11-21-2015 10:09 AM
    For people having issues with VVM, have you tried changing your password?? Just curious...
    Yes. That didn't work for me. Only after I reset the phone and did no restore that vvm started working.
    TheMoonbeam likes this.
    11-21-2015 02:47 PM
    On my 3rd day with the device. Booted up the phone, called my voicemail, then was prompted for my password on-screen. Had Visual VM ever since... even after a few reboots here and there. Odd that others are having issues, and reading that Visual VM isn't supported. Have had no issues.
    11-22-2015 04:35 PM
    I have had no issues with VVM in the 950. Like with I sider preview builds you need to call your voicemail and enter your PIN. Then when you hang up it will give you the VVM prompt to enter your PIN. The VVM does not disappear. I have setup fresh and setup from a backup just to test on my 950.
    11-22-2015 10:12 PM
    Gonna wake this up...

No VVM here, convert from another carrier, did restore from backup. AT&T said they provisioned the line, restarted, checked VM, had fianc leave a message, nothing. No PW/PIN prompt, no VM tab, nada.
    Frank Lai1 likes this.
    11-24-2015 03:26 PM
    Gonna wake this up...

No VVM here, convert from another carrier, did restore from backup. AT&T said they provisioned the line, restarted, checked VM, had fianc leave a message, nothing. No PW/PIN prompt, no VM tab, nada.
    try going into settings - network & wireless - cellular and sim - sim settings
    under cellular network, make sure the cellular connection profile is right (AT&T) and then tap "update settings"
    reboot, and hit your voicemail again to see if you get prompted for VVM after you hang up.
    RumoredNow, zombie0 and jpw21683 like this.
    11-24-2015 04:35 PM
    Yes it does support visual voice mail, but AT&T tech support knowledge bases have not yet been updated for windows 10. Just spent about ten minutes on the phone with support. When I tried to set it up it wipes out the default voice mail number and replaces it with your voice mail pin. The solution was to turn off the the default voicemail number in settings>phone then manually enter the voicemail number. Turn off the requirement for a pin number on their voice mail system. After doing all that when you call it the first time, after you hang up it will prompt you for your pin number then work as intended from there . How that helps.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-24-2015 05:17 PM
    Just set mine up for the first time. Everything worked perfectly and I've opened and closed the phone app multiple times. It's still there. I also set up as a new phone and didn't restore any backups. I'll give it a day or two and see if it's still there.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-24-2015 06:01 PM
    Again, it sucks people are having this issue.

Been on since last Friday.

clipboard02.jpg
    11-25-2015 05:31 AM
    Mine's been working fine, however I received a call and ignored it and I got a notification on my lock screen that I had a voicemail. It didn't show up in the voicemail column however until I called voicemail and then hung up. So even for us that have it working I guess it can still be quirky.
    11-25-2015 10:18 AM
    Mine's been working fine, however I received a call and ignored it and I got a notification on my lock screen that I had a voicemail. It didn't show up in the voicemail column however until I called voicemail and then hung up. So even for us that have it working I guess it can still be quirky.
    from my understanding, VVM works by downloading the voicemail to your phone. It could be a simple matter that it didn't download yet or hasn't finished. but then again, with the people that ARE having issues, it can also be software
    Frank Lai1 likes this.
    11-25-2015 10:21 AM
    under cellular network, make sure the cellular connection profile is right (AT&T) and then tap "update settings"
    reboot, and hit your voicemail again to see if you get prompted for VVM after you hang up.
    Thanks for the tip, but still no dice. I spent a bunch of time with AT&T in a chat yesterday, but work meetings called so I had to end the chat. I'll harass them some more and see if they can help.
    11-25-2015 10:41 AM
    In order for visual voicemail to work for a new phone you have to call the voicemail number once and login. after that you will be prompted for your password and visual voicemail should come up. Just did this on my att 950.

PS make sure att has your account right. especially if your last phone wasn't a windows phone.
    jayk82 likes this.
    11-25-2015 11:26 AM
    In order for visual voicemail to work for a new phone you have to call the voicemail number once and login. after that you will be prompted for your password and visual voicemail should come up. Just did this on my att 950.

PS make sure att has your account right. especially if your last phone wasn't a windows phone.

Just worked for me. Thank you!!
    11-25-2015 12:16 PM
    Just to make this clear...

Switched 2 lines from Verizon (I had the luxury, tired of their BS)
    Restored backup - Previous backup was from a W10 Lumia Icon
    Setup VM - no VVM
    Chatted with AT&T, they provisioned the line, told me to check VM, enter pin in prompt.
    Checked VM, no prompt.
    Had fianc call and leave messages. Checked VM, no prompt.
    Rebooted phone, Checked VM, no prompt.
    Had fianc leave message after reboot, checked VM, no prompt.
    Took suggested steps above (download latest settings, reboot), no VVM.

Curious if anyone else has switched carriers and had an issue. I could see there being an outside shot that restoring from a VZW backup with no VVM could cause weirdness with the settings, which would be a bug MS needs to fix, but I have no proof.

Of course, a reset and no restore could fix, but I'm not super keen on starting from scratch. So before I go that far, I'd like to exhaust other options.

P.S. There's also a chance they provisioned the wrong line. I'm nagging my fianc to setup her VM so we can check and see. Her 950 is running on a restore from a W8.1 HTC M8.
    11-25-2015 12:22 PM

this was mentioned in post #2 (minus the PS part). it still doesn't seem to work for everyone. I haven't had an issue, but others still do.
    11-25-2015 05:19 PM
    My VVM wasn't working, either, for 7 days now. I just tried this, and viola. Now it works! I'm not sure if this is what fixed it, or if it just randomly fixed itself for whatever reason as I failed to check VVM immediately before trying this trick.

But... VVM confirmed, at least. Lol. I was convinced it actually did not support it because there is nothing about VVM for this phone on AT&T's site.
    11-25-2015 06:16 PM
    Ok, an update... and good news!

Working with a rep at AT&T, he noticed a weird provisioning issue on the line. Cleared it out, reset the mailbox, and voila, it works.
    11-25-2015 06:23 PM
    Decided to take a gamble and purchased an unlocked 950 from Microsoft in store this afternoon, and apparently I lost as there is no sign of visual voice mail. Have dialed my number, pressed 1, and clicked the basic voicemail button to call my voicemail and enter my PIN to access my new messages. Have reset the device once without doing a backup and once doing a backup from my 1020. Tried the trick in the wireless settings and nothing happened. Not once have I got any kind of on-screen prompt or seen any mention of visual voicemail. This is a definite deal breaker for me, I hope this gets cleared up ASAP. I use ATT Prepaid which has virtually non existent customer support from my experience.
    11-26-2015 02:28 AM
    I opened the phone app, tapped voicemail icon at the bottom of the screen to dial default voicemail. I entered pin at prompt, no messages, ended call. At return to phone app screen pop up opened to enter voicemail pin, entered pin. Visual voicemail now appears in the navigation bar at the top of the screen. New 950, did not restore from backup, same AT&T# same Microsoft account.
    11-26-2015 08:26 AM
    Decided to take a gamble and purchased an unlocked 950 from Microsoft in store this afternoon, and apparently I lost as there is no sign of visual voice mail. Have dialed my number, pressed 1, and clicked the basic voicemail button to call my voicemail and enter my PIN to access my new messages. Have reset the device once without doing a backup and once doing a backup from my 1020. Tried the trick in the wireless settings and nothing happened. Not once have I got any kind of on-screen prompt or seen any mention of visual voicemail. This is a definite deal breaker for me, I hope this gets cleared up ASAP. I use ATT Prepaid which has virtually non existent customer support from my experience.
    Could it be that you haven't gotten any voicemails since you got the phone? My VVM is working now, but it's only showing the test voicemail my buddy left for me, and not any of the others that were on there when I switched from my iPhone.
    11-26-2015 11:23 AM
88 1234