No visual voice mail :-(

TheKingsEighth

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends honestly. If you restore from your existing phone it will take all your settings and layout and apps and bring it right over to the other phone. Basically installing every app you have from the backup. It will take a while to download and install everything.

For people coming from the insider program you may have all sorts of back ups which make it really confusing. I think I'm going to go for the clean fresh set up as a new phone and just grab apps as I need them that way set-up is easier. Your texts should come through regardless of which route you take.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Had mine for 2 hours now, VVM works fine for me (after it was cut to fit my . called my voice mail, and once i hung up, it asked for my password and downloaded my voicemails. also, instead of popping in my sim from my lumia after cutting it to fit my 830, i just activated the new sim.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Its there. It was one of the first things it asked me to set up after activation. I called, left a message, played it, and erased it. The app is built into the phone application. See pic.

Had mine for 2 hours now, VVM works fine for me (after it was cut to fit my . called my voice mail, and once i hung up, it asked for my password and downloaded my voicemails. also, instead of popping in my sim from my lumia after cutting it to fit my 830, i just activated the new sim.
Is VVM still present when you come back to it later?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It's there, but accessing it is very clunky. I don't know of any way to set it up other than hoping it asks for a password. And once it does there's no obvious way whether the password was accepted or not. You'll only know the password works because the voicemail icon in the top row hasn't disappeared.

casab1anca

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 950 this morning and VVM is working fine for me. It prompted me for my PIN the first time I opened the Phone app and haven't had any problems since.

I got a new SIM and also opted not to restore from a backup, if that matters.

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the Insider Preview. Have the Lumia Icon. When I click the Voicemail ... it ask for the password, but fails saying that 'Data connection not available'. Anyone have it working with their Icon?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
On my 3rd day with the device. Booted up the phone, called my voicemail, then was prompted for my password on-screen. Had Visual VM ever since... even after a few reboots here and there. Odd that others are having issues, and reading that Visual VM isn't supported. Have had no issues.

jtshorns

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had no issues with VVM in the 950. Like with I sider preview builds you need to call your voicemail and enter your PIN. Then when you hang up it will give you the VVM prompt to enter your PIN. The VVM does not disappear. I have setup fresh and setup from a backup just to test on my 950.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Gonna wake this up...

No VVM here, convert from another carrier, did restore from backup. AT&T said they provisioned the line, restarted, checked VM, had fianc? leave a message, nothing. No PW/PIN prompt, no VM tab, nada.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Gonna wake this up...

No VVM here, convert from another carrier, did restore from backup. AT&T said they provisioned the line, restarted, checked VM, had fianc? leave a message, nothing. No PW/PIN prompt, no VM tab, nada.

try going into settings - network & wireless - cellular and sim - sim settings
under cellular network, make sure the cellular connection profile is right (AT&T) and then tap "update settings"
reboot, and hit your voicemail again to see if you get prompted for VVM after you hang up.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does support visual voice mail, but AT&T tech support knowledge bases have not yet been updated for windows 10. Just spent about ten minutes on the phone with support. When I tried to set it up it wipes out the default voice mail number and replaces it with your voice mail pin. The solution was to turn off the the default voicemail number in settings>phone then manually enter the voicemail number. Turn off the requirement for a pin number on their voice mail system. After doing all that when you call it the first time, after you hang up it will prompt you for your pin number then work as intended from there . How that helps.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Just set mine up for the first time. Everything worked perfectly and I've opened and closed the phone app multiple times. It's still there. I also set up as a new phone and didn't restore any backups. I'll give it a day or two and see if it's still there.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine's been working fine, however I received a call and ignored it and I got a notification on my lock screen that I had a voicemail. It didn't show up in the voicemail column however until I called voicemail and then hung up. So even for us that have it working I guess it can still be quirky.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Mine's been working fine, however I received a call and ignored it and I got a notification on my lock screen that I had a voicemail. It didn't show up in the voicemail column however until I called voicemail and then hung up. So even for us that have it working I guess it can still be quirky.

from my understanding, VVM works by downloading the voicemail to your phone. It could be a simple matter that it didn't download yet or hasn't finished. but then again, with the people that ARE having issues, it can also be software

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb