No visual voice mail :-(

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
try going into settings - network & wireless - cellular and sim - sim settings
under cellular network, make sure the cellular connection profile is right (AT&T) and then tap "update settings"
reboot, and hit your voicemail again to see if you get prompted for VVM after you hang up.

A combination of this and changing my voicemail password fixed it for me. Thanks!

DoctorPizza

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
My SIM finally got activated, after setting up voicemail and then calling voicemail and giving the phone my voicemail password, it seems to be working as expected.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My AT&T-branded single SIM 950 worked right from the start. Those who are still having issues with VVM at AT&T, please specify:

a. Purchased 950 single SIM at AT&T
b. Purchased 950 single SIM unlocked.
c. Purchased 950 dual SIM unlocked.

I gather that dual SIM will not work now with AT&T, but wonder if the unlocked single SIM MS phones are working well or not.

RealFrood

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
A poster on Reddit mentioned that there could be an issue with dual SIM phones like the unlocked L950/XL and VVM. Anyone with the unlocked phone get VVM working? I can't get it to work.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Off topic, anybody know where the recorded phone calls can be found?

Off topic, in the phone app click the ellipses on the toolbar. There should be an option for recorded calls.

On topic, has anyone tried to use VVM on AT&T with an unlocked Single SIM Lumia 950 or unlocked Single SIM Lumia 950XL? I am not sure if these are even available for sale in the USA, but they are available from some global/international resellers.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Got this news from O2 here in the UK
Chris_K said:
Got an update - not the one many of you are after, but perhaps one you'll still be interested in. It's about VVM.

After some testing with Microsoft, we've got VVM working on all open market Windows Phone 10 devices - the 950, 950XL & 550. That means that even if you've not purchased these devices from O2 directly, you'll still be able to get VVM so long as you're using an O2 Pay Monthly SIM.

So to confirm - VVM now works on all Windows Phone 10 devices so long as you're using an O2 SIM - even those who may have got their device elsewhere.

For any Windows Phone 8.x device that is subsequently upgraded to Windows 10, for VVM to work the device will still need to have come direct from O2 and be using an O2 SIM. VVM will not work on non-O2 handsets that are using an O2 SIM, in this particular instance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077