12-24-2015 09:39 AM
154 ... 4567
tools
    how do you get the insider build ?
    Go to the store and install the Windows Insider App. Follow the instructions inside the app once you launch it. Pretty much painless.

FYI my 950 unlocked is doing better on battery since the update yesterday, at least so far...
    12-08-2015 09:53 AM
    10586.29 definitely helps Idle battery drain, I have not tested enough to give impressions of battery drain in use though

I left my phone off the charger last night and it only drained 5% through the night. I charged it to full and took it off the charger at 8am and now at 9:55am it is still at 99%

I have Hey Cortana, Glance and several other apps running in the background, the only high end feature I'm not using is Windows Hello since it is to buggy to use on a regular basis. So my idle drain is really good now and I'm not having to strip out features to get it. I'd highly suggest enrolling in the insider builds. WP10 is really not done right now so with insider you will just get fixes much faster.
    12-08-2015 09:57 AM
    I read the news and some of my tech blogs for about 30-minutes this morning and only noticed a 3% drop which is amazing. I used the browser for about 5-minutes and noticed the phone getting considerably warm. Set it back on the charger and finished getting ready for the day. I have about a 40-minute commute to work and I stream Pandora everyday. I'm down to 96% at the time I arrived at my office.

Appears that there is some improvement in the new build but Edge still needs some help. Just some simple web browsing over WiFi shouldn't cause the phone to heat up.

I'll be working in the field today with no charger, so I'm a bit anxious but cautiously optimistic.
    12-08-2015 10:32 AM
    Can someone who has had (no) problems with Battery Life tell me, if he has the Dual or Single sim?

Might be a point
    12-09-2015 04:11 AM
    Somebody from Microsofts Systems engineering teem finally got back to me. He had me send them some diagnostics from the field medic app. Hopefully they find sometyhing with the battery life. The sleep study report has a lot of cool info on it about the battery drain. It says all the running processes how much energy they consumed. He said this is new with windows 10 mobile. The report even has the battery percentages when you started charging the phone. I will keep you guys posted.
    Ygglens likes this.
    12-11-2015 08:08 AM
    Somebody from Microsofts Systems engineering teem finally got back to me. He had me send them some diagnostics from the field medic app. Hopefully they find sometyhing with the battery life. The sleep study report has a lot of cool info on it about the battery drain. It says all the running processes how much energy they consumed. He said this is new with windows 10 mobile. The report even has the battery percentages when you started charging the phone. I will keep you guys posted.
    Maybe you could help us here more by also talking to him about the reboots. There is clearly something wrong with the bluetooth stack, sdcard reader that is causing the reboot issues...maybe the medic app can also gather some log info from there.
    12-11-2015 08:49 AM
    i will see. I told him about the wifi problems but I don't know if ican help about bluetooth problems. my phone hasnt rebooted on me except for the typical unplug reboot. This is with my band 2 always connected via bluetooth.
    12-11-2015 09:45 AM
    I don't know I've turned off everything in the backround and I think I have it the worst mine dies in less than 3 hours in standby and when I'm using it or when it's charging it's so hot it almost hurts to touch the screen, my HTC one m8 would last like 3 days in battery saver, it might just be that Microsoft bit off more than the phone can chew well with 3gb of ram in all and a bunch of features, my phone has dropped 20% just typing this
    12-12-2015 08:00 AM
    I don't know I've turned off everything in the backround and I think I have it the worst mine dies in less than 3 hours in standby and when I'm using it or when it's charging it's so hot it almost hurts to touch the screen, my HTC one m8 would last like 3 days in battery saver, it might just be that Microsoft bit off more than the phone can chew well with 3gb of ram in all and a bunch of features, my phone has dropped 20% just typing this
    Did you restore from a backup? If YES, then wipe it out and start out fresh WITHOUT a restore. If NO, then you need to get it replaced. My first one did exactly the same thing. The replacement has been much better.
    12-12-2015 10:24 AM
    Is it time to make a list of all the suggestions so far?

- Use a new SIM card.
    - Perform a hard reset if you haven't done it yet.
    - Don't restore your settings from a from a WP8.1 backup.
    - Remove the SD card, it may be faulty.

Turn off:
    - Cortana
    - Glance
    - Hello
    - 4G LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC
    - "as items arrive" in email sync settings
    - Feedback & Diagnostics
    - Page prefetch in Edge
    - Mobile hotspot (besides the one in Action center)

Have I missed anything?
    Last edited by SL2; 01-13-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    Pranab likes this.
    12-12-2015 02:35 PM
    I'm on a 950XL and I'm not seeing this. Battery life is far from great however I have everything turned on and still get 5hrs of heavy use. Standby easily 7-9 hrs.
    12-12-2015 02:46 PM
    Do you have Hello turned on? If so disable it. It's badly flawed right now and is always scanning for your face
    If this is so why does it not show in battery stats.
    12-12-2015 02:47 PM
    something is not right with yours
    12-12-2015 02:48 PM
    Had it a few weeks now an am still only getting around 5% drain over night. Idle drain is pretty awesome now. Edge still drains alot in actual use but if your idle drain is bad your config or hardware is broken. Wipe your config and set it up from scratch, do not restore from backup.

I'm unsung hey cortana, glance, location and have weather, breaking news tweetitum, 2 email accounts and a few other apps running in the background.
    12-12-2015 04:13 PM
    Took phone off the charger at 7:00 AM at 100%, it's now 4:45PM and I'm at 76%. I wouldn't say I'm a "heavy" user, but I do my fair share of twitter, email checking, what's app and random web browsing.
    I've only had the phone since 12/04, but it seems like the battery life's improved over the past few days.
    I'm obviously not playing around with the phone as much as when I first got it, still I can tell the idle drain is more in line with what I was getting with my 925 on WP8.1.
    I did drain it down to 5% (with battery saver off) once to the point where it shut down automatically. Not sure if it helped, but followed the advice of some commenters.
    After a mildly disappointing first week, all seems to be good now.
    Curious to see what the MS Systems Engineer will report back.

CFC
    12-14-2015 05:48 PM
    Took phone off the charger at 7:00 AM at 100%, it's now 4:45PM and I'm at 76%. I wouldn't say I'm a "heavy" user, but I do my fair share of twitter, email checking, what's app and random web browsing.
    I've only had the phone since 12/04, but it seems like the battery life's improved over the past few days.
    I'm obviously not playing around with the phone as much as when I first got it, still I can tell the idle drain is more in line with what I was getting with my 925 on WP8.1.
    I did drain it down to 5% (with battery saver off) once to the point where it shut down automatically. Not sure if it helped, but followed the advice of some commenters.
    After a mildly disappointing first week, all seems to be good now.
    Curious to see what the MS Systems Engineer will report back.

CFC
    I hope he gives me an answer. I couldn't make heads nor tails of the xml file that was sent. Tells you how full or empty that battery was when the phone was taken off the charger and put back on even what processes where consuming high battery and their cpu usage also but its not listed in percentages.
    12-14-2015 08:56 PM
    I lost 7% overnight with data connection turn off. I still have more than 50% with a moderate use after hit home. It's not on par with my iphone but still satisfying.

I only feel warm when I am downloading something or using Edge.
    12-14-2015 09:11 PM
    I have a1520 on the new build that has crazy battery draining issue now. Any answers?
    12-14-2015 09:34 PM
    I haven't read through all the posts ... sorry! ... but I have discovered something interesting. My 950XL started out well and I easily got through the day, but progressively it got worse and the phone was warm all the time. I went through the battery saver and turned off background access to apps that didn't need it including a suggestion I saw for Edge. I then noticed that Edge was using 54% of my battery! I then had a look at the open tabs in Edge and discovered that it never seems to close them and I had a huge number of open tabs that Edge kept updating. I closed them all and my battery life went back to where it had been at the beginning and it stopped running warm all the time. I'm pretty sure this is where most of my battery life was vanishing to. Perhaps there should be an adjustable number of open tabs to stop this happening in the future. I just check frequently and close all the ones I don't need.
    12-16-2015 04:10 AM
    Adding my experience. Hard resetted phone then installed build .29.
    Everything enabled except hey cortana and edge page prediction. Screen brightness @50%+Auto.

The first days battey life was not so good.
    Now it lasts me about 25 hours with mid usage (facebook browsing, edge browsing, facebook messenger, whatsapp, telegram, some youtube video, email checks now and then, many other apps in background). Very happy with it!
    12-16-2015 06:03 AM
    I haven't read through all the posts ... sorry! ... but I have discovered something interesting. My 950XL started out well and I easily got through the day, but progressively it got worse and the phone was warm all the time. I went through the battery saver and turned off background access to apps that didn't need it including a suggestion I saw for Edge. I then noticed that Edge was using 54% of my battery! I then had a look at the open tabs in Edge and discovered that it never seems to close them and I had a huge number of open tabs that Edge kept updating. I closed them all and my battery life went back to where it had been at the beginning and it stopped running warm all the time. I'm pretty sure this is where most of my battery life was vanishing to. Perhaps there should be an adjustable number of open tabs to stop this happening in the future. I just check frequently and close all the ones I don't need.
    Disalbe page prediction maybe it is related.
    TodorDimov likes this.
    12-16-2015 06:06 AM
    Had it a few weeks now an am still only getting around 5% drain over night. Idle drain is pretty awesome now. Edge still drains alot in actual use but if your idle drain is bad your config or hardware is broken. Wipe your config and set it up from scratch, do not restore from backup.

I'm unsung hey cortana, glance, location and have weather, breaking news tweetitum, 2 email accounts and a few other apps running in the background.
    Is idle battery drain of 5% good? That's how it is for my 950 right now but I'm not entirely convinced this is ideal.
    Last edited by Vijay_Anand; 12-21-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    12-21-2015 06:06 PM
    Had my phone for about a week. I am starting to see improvement in battery life. Fully charged at 7am this morning and now at 10% 11:10pm, after some pretty heavy wen browsing usage. Was actually at about 70% up to 6pm.
    This is still not brilliant but it IS a marked improvement over previous days, so hoping the battery is 'warming up' (wrong terminology but hopefully you know what I mean)
    12-21-2015 06:13 PM
    Well my idle time is great no complaints here I get 5% drain over night, the in use battery time is pretty bad, spent a day taking some video and pictures and a little edge browsing probably a combined total of 1hr of use and my battery knocked down to 50%. Glad they fixed idle drain but actively using the phone drains the battery way to quick.
    12-21-2015 07:08 PM
    Well my idle time is great no complaints here I get 5% drain over night, the in use battery time is pretty bad, spent a day taking some video and pictures and a little edge browsing probably a combined total of 1hr of use and my battery knocked down to 50%. Glad they fixed idle drain but actively using the phone drains the battery way to quick.
    Same here. I've only had the phone for a week but I feel like I should exchange it for another 950...it shouldn't be draining THAT much when the phone is in use. I've had my 920 for 3-4 years now and battery drain was horrible. It never got better. Seeing the small percentage of other 950/950XL owners with 1% of in-use drainage every 30-60 minutes makes me frustrated!
    12-22-2015 02:46 PM
154 ... 4567