Just bought lumia 950 at ATT store

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the road and was looking online for stores around Washington DC with stock, didn't find any.

However, about 5 store within 20 minutes of my home did have stock.
*SMH*

shakermaker41

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I called two places today, both had them in stock but would not sell them until tomorrow. It's fine, I'll just make a quick stop in during my lunch break.

DanHwi

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I tried that today too in Irving, TX. The welcome host looked lost when I asked about the new Microsoft phone. So she asked someone else, and was led to a white Lumia 950 on display. Not surprised that nobody knows its existence, but if you work there....come on! She was at least nice and friendly. Oh well... So, I proceeded to play with the device, but to find out that it's not even set up yet. It was at the "choose your language" screen. So sad... I stayed for the next 10 minutes, set it up and played with it. I asked the other employee if it's available for sale, she said tomorrow. 😞
So, tomorrow it is then. My amzer case however arrived in the mail today. Good luck to everyone who is getting a 950 tomorrow.
"Islandwood" may be our savior!
WM ftw.

DanHwi

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Attempted the same thing today, and was told to come back tomorrow...device wasn't even set up. Was in the choose language screen. Of course, I did the honor of setting it up. No prices or information by the display. The host at the door didn't even know that it was there... So sad

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Attempted the same thing today, and was told to come back tomorrow...device wasn't even set up. Was in the choose language screen. Of course, I did the honor of setting it up. No prices or information by the display. The host at the door didn't even know that it was there... So sad
Damn,that. Sucks. The woman was nice and just said since they have it why not sell it.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I called around too and came against the same wall, Here is the irony.... The Staff appear totally ignorant of windows phones (unless You get a kind professional )..But ,.THEY ARE VERY WELL AT TELLING YOU NO "You can't have it". HA HA

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i was out tonight and stopped by another ATT store and found a 950 (white) in the middle of store - with a windows 10 setup next to a surface 3 (i think) with keyboard attached and pen next to it...
played with the 950 - wow, very nice and light too... was difficult to tell how big it felt with the anti-theft thing that ATT had attached to it.... that made it more difficult to hold while i was trying to navigate around...
its super fast... was running 10586.0 also... forgot to look for double click settings, but glance was setup.... no windows hello setup...
i didnt want to show too much attention to it in case i got extra attention from the 5 people working there who didnt even ask me what i wanted.
they were busy playing with that samsung 18" tablet...
but i must admit - it was nice... camera was as quick to take photos as i could press the button and when i stopped then it saved them... it took about 1.5s to start it first time but thereafter very quick.
edge was super fast even with sites like windowscentral... not at all laggy or anything like i have seen on my preview device.
tried thurrott.com and cnn.com and it seemed to be handling every site i threw at it without any issues...
dont know that they would have sold me anything as there was no price anywhere...

this wasnt a big store - a little bigger than i saw yesterday where the ATT people replied to my quesion "do uou have the new microsoft phone?" - "no we are not big enough" - corporate store ... they had the 640XL though... so i'll chalk that up to the guy didnt want to deal with me and didnt know what he was talking about.
anyways - very impressed with the 950 - def will be buying the 950XL in white now too... was unsure of the color i wanted but now i know...

Houston - north west if anyone cares to know - 1960

EDIT:
forgot to add they also had the dock there - quite small - right next to the 950 - kind of a metallic color

Last edited:

gemini5150

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i was out tonight and stopped by another ATT store and found a 950 (white) in the middle of store - with a windows 10 setup next to a surface 3 (i think) with keyboard attached and pen next to it...
played with the 950 - wow, very nice and light too... was difficult to tell how big it felt with the anti-theft thing that ATT had attached to it.... that made it more difficult to hold while i was trying to navigate around...
its super fast... was running 10586.0 also... forgot to look for double click settings, but glance was setup.... no windows hello setup...
i didnt want to show too much attention to it in case i got extra attention from the 5 people working there who didnt even ask me what i wanted.
they were busy playing with that samsung 18" tablet...
but i must admit - it was nice... camera was as quick to take photos as i could press the button and when i stopped then it saved them... it took about 1.5s to start it first time but thereafter very quick.
edge was super fast even with sites like windowscentral... not at all laggy or anything like i have seen on my preview device.
tried thurrott.com and cnn.com and it seemed to be handling every site i threw at it without any issues...
dont know that they would have sold me anything as there was no price anywhere...

this wasnt a big store - a little bigger than i saw yesterday where the ATT people replied to my quesion "do uou have the new microsoft phone?" - "no we are not big enough" - corporate store ... they had the 640XL though... so i'll chalk that up to the guy didnt want to deal with me and didnt know what he was talking about.
anyways - very impressed with the 950 - def will be buying the 950XL in white now too... was unsure of the color i wanted but now i know...

Houston - north west if anyone cares to know - 1960

EDIT:
forgot to add they also had the dock there - quite small - right next to the 950 - kind of a metallic color
It was strange that the store didn't have a display. The sales person liked my 1020, so I guess she was kinda into Lumia's. Got luck on that i guess. Funny thing was that they only had black. And when she opened the box it was a white one haha �� good think all can buy tomorrow. Enjoy, i know I am ��

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I called around too and came against the same wall, Here is the irony.... The Staff appear totally ignorant of windows phones (unless You get a kind professional )..But ,.THEY ARE VERY WELL AT TELLING YOU NO "You can't have it". HA HA

Ah... biased reps... never cease to amaze lol.

Nick Metro

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I just popped into a local ATT store near work. Had a white 950 on display, surprised at the look and feel, much better than I expected. Problem was it had scratches all over it and the battery was dead. Also no pricing label. Should have taken a pic, it was that bad.

gke565

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Purchased two 950s at Rockwall, TX store. Wasn't happy about the 'upgrade' $149 two-year commitment 'deal' that included $50 upgrade fee per phone, and $15 data fee per line for 24months, basically ATT is going to get $600 for this phone whether you 'upgrade', go on their NEXT plan or purchase flat out (the sales guy and I ran all the numbers). At least my sales guy had been given some training on the phone and knew exactly what I was asking for, he even knew how to use it.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just went to my local store and they didn't have any. Acted like they wouldn't even get any in stock. That I would have to pre-order/special order it. I swear, if it's not an iPhone, these carriers don't care. Pisses me off. Going to call around to other stores tomorrow. Someone better have one in stock.

DanHwi

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Got mine this morning. There wasn't a display unit... And the associate who was very nice took about 15 minutes to locate it in the backroom. Said it was the only one in store... Wow! Was tempted to get the free LG G Pad 8.0..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans