2-year contract not available in stores?

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just had the weirdest experience at our local AT&T store. While they did know about the Lumia 950, even had two sitting there, not working though, they did say that they wouldn't renew my contract for 24 month for a subsidized Lumia 950.

Apparently, old-fashioned contracts can only be ordered online. NEXT is the only thing available in stores. This is a AT&T company store. I really wanted to pick a couple up tomorrow.

Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks

Cursing

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
You were probably not at an actual AT&T store. Most stores you see are not actually ran by AT&T but are a 3rd party that are basically contractors for AT&T. They can only do Next right now and not two year plans. Go to a AT&T company store and you can do a two year upgrade.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You were probably not at an actual AT&T store. Most stores you see are not actually ran by AT&T but are a 3rd party that are basically contractors for AT&T. They can only do Next right now and not two year plans. Go to a AT&T company store and you can do a two year upgrade.

No it is a company store.

AT&T Company Store

1.2 miles away

240 Waterfront Drive E
Homestead,PA 15120

Mon-Sat 10:00-9:00
Sun 12:00-6:00

(412) 461-0427Get directions

Make in-store appointment

jwspradlen

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I would call best buy and see if they would do a 2 year contract through at&t. You never know. If you do go online however you can always select to pick up in store to get your phones.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
AT&T has been discontinuing the 2 year contracts by regional roll-outs. Many areas of the US no longer offer 2 year contracts, and it is expected that within the next 6 months or so you won't be able to get a 2 year contract at all.

All the carriers in the US are doing away with contracts, and they will be a thing of the past very soon.

jtzako

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the option to do a 2yr subsidized phone, but you actually pay more for the phone if you do it that way than if you do a finance option instead.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yup they are forcing the Next Plans on us. First they raise the rates on everyone by $25 a line. Then a few months later they upgraded our 10GB plan to 15GB for "free". Made us feel better about the price increase. Then they introduced the $25 discount per line for Next Plans and penalized us for going with 2 year contracts. So the 2 yr contracts used to be cheaper, but they snuck it in in a way that we think we are paying less for Next Plans. But we're not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6