continuum in action

bittercold

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried it with Xbox One. Works good but I found it to be a little laggy on input. It was the same on a TV also. Might just be my network at home.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I think there is still a misconception out there that Continuum must be used with the dock, or at least a cable. Clearly that isn't the case
that is the case.... since the dock got all the spotlight, people don't know it also works wirelessly

I tried it with Xbox One. Works good but I found it to be a little laggy on input. It was the same on a TV also. Might just be my network at home.
yes, miracast was always laggy on the Xone. a remember some site measured lag times of various miracast devices, including the xbox one, and out of 5 devices, the xbox was #4, with the fire tv being the slowest. fastest were the actiontec screenbeam and netgear ptv3000 and the ms miracast adapters were #3

landcameras

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Playing a bit more tonight, and posting using Continuum.
the TV at home has a Media Center computer, and for the 10ft display i use a little wireless keyboard mouse combo thing. I plugged its wireless dongle into the 950 and voila! a keyboard and mouse combo. works 100%, even most of the media keys.
WP_20151120_18_46_29_Pro.jpg

cool, how can i push it? PLEX :)
so the app isn't Continuum enabled, but edge web app?
WP_20151120_18_40_24_Rich_LI_edited.jpg
unfortunatly, it doesnt scale. i blame the phone for not sending the resolution of the secondary display to edge and the web app. But the video played perfectly. it was streaming from my mediacenter, to the plex server, to the phone, projected through Continuum. impressive.

I didn't look, but I will later, I bet that single video lit up the network here at home a bit. 1080 hd media center file > recoded by plex stream to phone > stream to the Roku.

Last edited:

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it never occurred to me to stream video through edge.... since miracast video isn't the greatest, this may be a GREAT option as the videos I streamed in movies & tv was amazing via wireless (and MUCH better than straight miracast)

hmmm.... i'll be back in 15 years after I stream all the things I can find in edge :)

landcameras

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
it never occurred to me to stream video through edge.... since miracast video isn't the greatest, this may be a GREAT option as the videos I streamed in movies & tv was amazing via wireless (and MUCH better than straight miracast)

hmmm.... i'll be back in 15 years after I stream all the things I can find in edge :)

I've been avoiding M&TV in WM10, is there a way to specify a unc path to a movies directory?
I found myself trying to do winkey + R in continuum to browse for an app or directory several times. The experience is so close to desktop that it is a bit vertigo inducing. I wanted a explore.exe file experience, it's grounding and comforting, but the metroish file manager app is underwhelming.

Last edited:

nightsurf

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Tested with Bluetooth MS foldable universal keyboard, Bluetooth sculpt mouse and MS wireless display adapter. Using all core apps worked very well and I didn't encounter bad lag.

landcameras

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried TeamViewer? It is a remote desktop app. Curious to see how it works with continuum.

woa, that's the first 3rd party app that actually works (I've found). Indeed TeamViewer works and works well it seems. Way more clunky that good old fashioned built in RDP, but it works till then.
WP_20151121_10_34_59_Rich_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Excellent I love team viewer and even have it installed will have to try with continuum, does it do regular rdp too or just my team viewer hosts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99