AMA with Dan Rubino: Everything Lumia 950

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanAMG

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey Dan, I know you have said before you don't think the US unlocked 950XL will be a dual-sim but do you have any new info? online store says no brick and mortar store manager says yes.

tgreg88

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Do you honestly foresee a Verizon variant becoming available by at least spring of 2016? I currently have a 928 on an off-contract shared data Verizon plan with many other lines which saves me a lot of money. Switching to AT&T would be just myself which would increase my monthly bill significantly. I can hold out for a little while longer to stay with Verizon, but should I be seriously considering switching carriers if I want to get a new Lumia within a year?

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
So W10M is officially released - do you expect updates to the build faster then what is done for the W10PC version? Will you join the insider program with this? Do the current glitches seem app related or OS related?

daniel_leavitt2000

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dan, a few questions here. 1: How is wordflow/swipe on the 950? I have the latest build on a 920, 635 and 640 and typing is damn near impossible. Wordflow seems to have devolved to the point it no longer recognises the word "Wordflow".

2: Does the 950 have anything close to the Lumia Refocus app where you can select "all in focus"? I use this a lot in macro photography.

Thanks Dan!

tboling

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

I have been using Windows 10 on my Lumia 1020. It has been really buggy. It won't allow me to change my shortcuts on the notification drop down. The Groove app seems to have many issues. My alarm is buggy. It didn't even go off after the last update happened during the night. Is this due to the hardware, or are these bugs still present in the 950?

nubbikins

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Does continuum support the use of the Messaging App on the bigger screen? I've never heard or seen anybody talk about this before and it would be interesting to use it with a full screen, mouse and keyboard.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I currently use Glance on my 1020 as my bedside clock, propped up on a Tylt wireless charging dock. You mentioned in the review that Peek is not available, which really blows, but can I at least use Glance for my bedside clock in Red at night and then Green during the day as I currently do?

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
When using Continuum connected to a Miracast device (e.g., the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter), what display resolution and refresh rate does it run at? And I guess likewise when connected to the dock

flomat

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Your review mentions the lack of double-tap to wake, which is disappointing... does the 950 at least have the super sensitive touch (works with gloves on) feature?

ariez84

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
When is the 950XL coming? Why is it taking longer than the 950? Is there a problem with the production? (Lets be honest here...the XL is the one we all really want :eek:)

ariez84

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about upgrading my Lumia 920 to the Lumia 950, but I have a few reservations. I plan on getting the Lumia 950 on a two year contract and fear that a better Windows Phone may be released (one with an intel processor) and I will still be stuck with the Lumia 950. Is it worth getting the Lumia 950 over upgrading my Lumia 920 to Windows 10 mobile? Is there flash support in the edge browser both on the phone and when using continuum? Do you think the app situation will improve one project islandwood is completed?

Get a used 1520 for $150 on ebay and use that phone till the "real" flagship comes out next year.

mreaglejr

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned in the review that there's no payment from wallet. Is this something that may be coming to the 950 in the future, or it's not even happening for W10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb