AMA with Dan Rubino: Everything Lumia 950

Status
Not open for further replies.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm only running our new universal app, which runs fantastic.

I never had the phone get hot. It can get warm under heavy load, but nothing to worry about and it is kind of rare TBH. My Lumia 1520 runs hotter and this is much more evenly distributed.

So when do we get our hands on the New WC app?

flomat

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Does the 950 / Windows 10 Mobile work smoothly with the original Band v1?

I have had numerous issues with the Insider Preview builds on my 1520 when paired with my Band 1 - Delayed/missed notifications to the Band, Driving Mode getting stuck ON when paired with the Band, Cortana weirdness...

livejazz

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there any indication that at&t will offer the XL? Not interested in upgrading from the 1520 6" to the 950 5.2" and I would like to carry on with my next? plan.

TheTruQ

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Daniel, I know you mentioned the 950 sports the best, if not one of the best, cameras on the market. Is it the best Lumia camera ever? How does it compare to the Lumia 1020 - which I have?
I ask because the 1020 camera has spoiled me, and I don't want to drop that level of picture quality available in a convenient package.
Thanks

Kenneth Fossum

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Using my phone - 930 - as a business tool. An extension of my laptop. Skype for business is just brilliant. Email, calendar, onedrive ( 365 subscription ) slack, you name it...the 930 can do it. Without this phone I would be handicapped trying to do my job. I am sold on Windows phone and have invested in the MS ecosystem. Thing is, apart from beefier specs, what can a 950 do that my 930 can't?

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
hi Dan, do you think the double tap to wake ant the glance peek will come in an update? hope so, can't understand why microsoft is removing the good things on their devices... thanks

Ahotasu

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Dan,

Is the 950 that will be available through the brick-and-mortar Microsoft Stores on Nov 26 the AT&T device, or the unlocked version? If it's not the unlocked version, do you know when that version will be available?

Thanks!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The iris scanner is bad for persons who wear glasses, since they can't see the prompts on the screen if they remove their glasses.

Is it possible to set up the iris scanner while wearing contacts, or is that feature useless for persons who need vision correction?

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The iris scanner is bad for persons who wear glasses, since they can't see the prompts on the screen if they remove their glasses.

Is it possible to set up the iris scanner while wearing contacts, or is that feature useless for persons who need vision correction?

So, I know this is Dan's AMA - but I wear contacts and was able to setup the Iris Scanner no problem on my 950 this morning. I was curious how well it worked so I pulled my contacts out and gave it a shot, and it detected me with no issues at all. I was able to use the 'Improve Recognition' button afterwards and set it up so that it recognizes me with or without my glasses on.

It's pretty darn cool. The setup process was easy too, so I could see somebody that wears glasses getting to the screen where the camera lights up and then just take them off until the scan is done. Takes all of like 10 seconds to do

Martinspire

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
1) Apart from double-tap to wake, are there any other settings missing? Or added that haven't been discussed yet
2) How'd you recommend using it in the car? Any holders you prefer (perhaps with wireless charging)?
3) Do you think we'll see multitasking support with the 950 any time soon (within a year perhaps)?
4) I see the on screen buttons being hidden often, can you keep hem shown?
5) Has there been any improvement in Wireless charging? Faster or allowing more space in between (for cases and stuff)?

MSZika

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dan, can you share some images of the Action Center in Continuum? I really want to know if it is like the PC version or mobile.

awesmdiver

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My local store said the same thing and when I originally ordered it, the in-store sample they had was dual-sim. Be pissed if we get screwed in US here.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So, I know this is Dan's AMA - but I wear contacts and was able to setup the Iris Scanner no problem on my 950 this morning. I was curious how well it worked so I pulled my contacts out and gave it a shot, and it detected me with no issues at all. I was able to use the 'Improve Recognition' button afterwards and set it up so that it recognizes me with or without my glasses on.

It's pretty darn cool. The setup process was easy too, so I could see somebody that wears glasses getting to the screen where the camera lights up and then just take them off until the scan is done. Takes all of like 10 seconds to do
My prescription is extremely strong. I wouldn't even see anything on the screen without glasses or contacts. The scanner would probably be unable to scan through my prescription glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)