AMA with Dan Rubino: Everything Lumia 950

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Does the 950 / Windows 10 Mobile work smoothly with the original Band v1?

I have had numerous issues with the Insider Preview builds on my 1520 when paired with my Band 1 - Delayed/missed notifications to the Band, Driving Mode getting stuck ON when paired with the Band, Cortana weirdness...

Haven't tried, sorry.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Daniel, I know you mentioned the 950 sports the best, if not one of the best, cameras on the market. Is it the best Lumia camera ever? How does it compare to the Lumia 1020 - which I have?
I ask because the 1020 camera has spoiled me, and I don't want to drop that level of picture quality available in a convenient package.
Thanks

Yes, best Lumia camera ever, I'd agree to that.

I mean, 1020 is in a league of its own, but the algorithms and speed make the 950 more practical IMO.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dan,

I just finished watching your review video for the Lumia 950. Thank you for that wonderful overview.

However, I did see that your cat looks dubious:

Capture.png

...Is he holding out for the Intel chipped phones rumored to be in the pipe? If so, do you think he's a smart cat or has he gotten into the catnip again?

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
hi Dan, do you think the double tap to wake ant the glance peek will come in an update? hope so, can't understand why microsoft is removing the good things on their devices... thanks

Yeah, I think it'll come back. I don't think they're removing them as much as they need to get it to work with a QHD display.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Dan,

Is the 950 that will be available through the brick-and-mortar Microsoft Stores on Nov 26 the AT&T device, or the unlocked version? If it's not the unlocked version, do you know when that version will be available?

Thanks!!

I think both, but can't be positive. Although MS said "a few weeks" for unlocked.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
The iris scanner is bad for persons who wear glasses, since they can't see the prompts on the screen if they remove their glasses.

Is it possible to set up the iris scanner while wearing contacts, or is that feature useless for persons who need vision correction?

Yes.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
1) Apart from double-tap to wake, are there any other settings missing? Or added that haven't been discussed yet
2) How'd you recommend using it in the car? Any holders you prefer (perhaps with wireless charging)?
3) Do you think we'll see multitasking support with the 950 any time soon (within a year perhaps)?
4) I see the on screen buttons being hidden often, can you keep hem shown?
5) Has there been any improvement in Wireless charging? Faster or allowing more space in between (for cases and stuff)?

Super sensitive touch.

CR-200 seems to be fine for the car.

Multitasking support?

You can swipe them away or swipe them up to show again.

Qi is Qi, nothing new there.

Joel S.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
My prescription is extremely strong. I wouldn't even see anything on the screen without glasses or contacts. The scanner would probably be unable to scan through my prescription glasses.

My fianc? is blind as a bat with no eyes, so I might have her try with her glasses just to see. Works fine with her contacts though. I saw Peter Bright had no luck with it with his glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss