AMA with Dan Rubino: Everything Lumia 950

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achike Da

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Miracast support has been there since April for preview members. Also, it's a bit laggy.

I've been a preview member on the XB1 for a while now and still don't have miracast.. how do I get it. I own a L950 now and have no way to connect wirelessly to my xb1 without using some clumsy 3rd party app

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been a preview member on the XB1 for a while now and still don't have miracast.. how do I get it. I own a L950 now and have no way to connect wirelessly to my xb1 without using some clumsy 3rd party app

You need to download the Wireless Display Preview app on your XB1. Once it is downloaded, open the app on the XB1 and then your phone will see it as a wireless display. It works really well with my L640 on 10586 (but I obviously don't have continuum)

djones171

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you use the lumia 950 with an Xbox one controller? Xbox one wireless adapter? 1d/2d hand held barcode scanners? Usb printers (think small portable barcode labeling machines by Brady)?

Last edited:

JMS DRP

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I'd love some help with these issues! Swipe to delete emails marks them as read, how do I keep them unread? Music playing turns off at lock screen time (5 minutes)... How do I fix that? How do I get edge to start with a blank tab? Can I change the live tile image for a website from the boring blue tile? Also, I've heard about new larger tile sizes but can't seem to make them.... Is it not reality?? And, yes, I want the double tap to wake back!! TY

Gene Dyson

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
With the launch of the lumia 950 and pending launch of lumia 950XL, do you think these devices will have the capability to run Win32 application in the future.? Or should we just stick with something like a lumia 1520 until the true "Surface" phone comes out later in 2016 ? (hopefully....)

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey Dan,
Thanks for doing this. Since I have seen on twitter in the past that you have an s6, how would you compare the screen of the 950 to the s6? Would you say that its close, given that the s6 is pretty much the best AMOLED screen you could get on a mobile device?
Thanks

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Dan,

Unless I missed it, it doesn't look like anyone asked about the battery life in this AMA, and it wasn't touched upon heavily in your review. My main questions are on the battery life.

I have a Lumia Icon on Verizon and am switching to AT&T for the 950. One of my only complaints on the Icon is that I wish the battery life was better. How does the 950's battery life compare to the Icon?

Another question: How does the speaker compare on the 950 compare to that on the Icon? That is my only other complaint about the Icon as I feel the speaker is a bit weak.

Last edited:

Corvodin

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a way to check with someone at Microsoft if the phones have the tech for super sensitive touch? It's kind of a big deal for me if it can't work with gloves.

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Doubtful, but it may keep the pulse on Windows Mobile alive until later next year. I think there will be a lot of progress in the OS and apps over the next six months that will keep things interesting.
"
"Doubtful" Pfff the phoneshop in England present Microsoft is a great light, waiting for the display units to hit store but what they have got is if not better displayed the apple and Samsung, carphonewearhouse even have a Kinect setup, and 930, 730, 640, 640xl and 830 all on display and they know lot about them, people are always in there looking at the windows phones, they stand out

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Look around the preview dashboard (or whatever it's called, not at home to check)... Under a survey or quest, it's there.

brabso

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Can you please tell me more about the call quality of the phone ?
This is still my top priority for a phone !
I have read a lot of the phone but the most don't mention anything about the call quality strangely enough.
If i read the review on another site they say the call quality is not that good ...

Darko Sekulic

May 29, 2014
Visit site
What universal app, there are only the PC and mobile version on the store. I didn't see anything new, not to mention the "universal" icon for the app.

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok Dan, here is a question for you. Do you think that the LACK of apps that support continuum for phones and that can be projected on a bigger screen, is actually a non issue. Because we don't need apps on a bigger screen. We need a capable web browser through which we can open any websites were want. The website will scale because edge supports continuum!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok Dan, here is a question for you. Do you think that the LACK of apps that support continuum for phones and that can be projected on a bigger screen, is actually a non issue. Because we don't need apps on a bigger screen. We need a capable web browser through which we can open any websites were want. The website will scale because edge supports continuum!

Since screen mirroring is still available, all apps are still viewable on the big screen. Now if you have used edge on a windows 10 desktop, I have noticed that sites that give me a problem there, then the same issue exists on 950, using continuum or not. Granted, they seem to be issues related more to the site than the browser :)

TankWart

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been waiting since 2012 to replace my 808 with something that can take a better photograph and I was really hoping they will show a successor to the 808/1020... unfortunately we got these two phones that are not really camera centric devices.

With a realistic assessment of the current state of mobile in the USofA, an iPhone seems to be the only logical choice.
I am in the same boat (still using my 808 as my driver phone) but I am looking forward for my 950xl - so excited.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss