AMA with Dan Rubino: Everything Lumia 950

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azizelh

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey Dan,

What is it that makes apps let us or not hide the on-screen buttons? Do they have to be Windows 10 apps for us to be able to do that? Or is it just up to the developer?

Thanks

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Daniel,
I don't know how hard it would be to do but, since I'm seeing many already answered questions being repeated, could this possibly be compiled into a FAQ with the questions asked and your answers? I know that won't completely eliminate the duplicated questions, but it might reduce the number. Thanks, and you're doing a fantastic job!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
About the metal ring on the camera... is it an iron alloy metal that the many magnetic lenses and filters on the market can attach to? Or does a magnet not hold to it?

I was just thinking that being able to use a magnetic mount macro or telescopic lens would be convenient at times.

Phythy

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
It's been mentioned that you can record calls on the 950. Is this something exclusive to the new flagships or is this something coming to existing phones?

This one kills me - for anyone old enough to remember the 9210 and the incredible 9500 this is back to the future - tech we had 15 yrs ago

Glenvis

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I just received the new Lumia 950. After getting it set up I noticed it brought in all of my files and photos from OneDrive online. I'd like to remove some of these files from the phone, but when I delete a file or photo, it is removed from OneDrive online, not just the phone. How do I remove files from the phone only and leave them on OneDrive online? Just trying to keep the phone cleaned up...

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I just received the new Lumia 950. After getting it set up I noticed it brought in all of my files and photos from OneDrive online. I'd like to remove some of these files from the phone, but when I delete a file or photo, it is removed from OneDrive online, not just the phone. How do I remove files from the phone only and leave them on OneDrive online? Just trying to keep the phone cleaned up...

The photos are just thumbnails, taking up very little space on your phone. It's a feature of One Drive to be able to see pictures stored on the cloud without having to download them.

If you just don't want to see them at all, go into Settings from the photos app and un-tick the "Show my cloud-only content from One Drive" option.

Jere Kujansuu

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Im kind of stuck in a time and been waiting new high end communicator for years.. iphone killed that types of phones basically and changes the direction of industry.

sanien

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey Dan

I wondered why The Verge would say that the camera of the 950 is slow and unimpressive is this the case(think they gave 950 7 and iPhone 10 i camera? I use the camera a lot and if the iPhone is so much better as they make it sound I wonder if 950XL is the right phone for me. I don't use a lot of apps and the ones I need are in WP, also I happen to like how WP looks.

Thanks

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Hey folks, I have not forgotten about this thread! I usually take Sundays off from being in front a computer and will be hitting up the remaining questions throughout the day. Cheers.

franckyvinvin12

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Every review mentions 2 choices to use Continuum : wiring to a dock, on wireless with miracast. Isn't it possible to just plug your phone to a screen with a HDMI to USB-C cable ? That would enable Continuum without the need to buy a Miracast dongle (and without the latency), and without the need to spend 100$ for a dock.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter what haters say, WP is the best out there. I have continuously toggled between WP, Iphone and android- i keep coming back to WP.
I will see what WP10 treats my 640XL. I am pretty sure WP10 will take things to a new level :)

As for Dan :
Dear Dan,
  • Do you still get "resuming" screen for apps like whatsapp etc?
How is the FB app?
  • How is the call quality and network reception?

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
i was wondering if it is possible to use only "iris" scanner for unlocking the phone? (without PIN)
is it something that you could recommend?

bhushanvinay

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
have you had any issues with the Gyroscope? my 930 seems to have a lot of issues even with the latest build. is it only to move you towards the new hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786