11-22-2015 03:37 PM
30 12
tools
    It's only been a day, but I love the 950. An obvious huge upgrade to my 830.
    No glitches, bugs, crashes, etc.
    I'm happy with the 950, but I was happy with my 830. I'm happy Microsoft made the phone cause switching to android would have been disappointing.
    11-22-2015 10:44 AM
    I think releasing a "for the fans" 950 with W10M makes a lot of sense as we will be MS's biggest and best critics, letting them polish up W10M so they can really have a great product for future phones and services that will wow the mobile device world.
    11-22-2015 10:56 AM
    I'll start by saying that I came from using a Lumia Icon as my primary phone. I also have a Lumia 928. I have been running the Windows 10 insider builds for months, so while everyone else is complaining about bugs, I am absolutely THRILLED that 90% of the bugs W10M had previously have been worked out now. What is left is so minor, it wouldn't be worth my time in mentioning, and I am sure updates in the near future will take care of it.

That being said...

I absolutely LOVE this phone. I love how it feels, I love the camera, I love the software, I love the hardware.

I find it irritating that so many people complain just to complain. Everyone has been complaining for months and months that Windows isn't releasing phones fast enough, everyone is screaming "we want it NOW"... so MS does what they think is a good thing and releases an amazing phone before they are ready to officially launch W10M (even the ads say it comes boxed with the Technical Preview), and all of a sudden everyone hates the phone because of software bugs and is screaming about how MS should've waited?

Maybe MS should've only released the phone to Windows Insiders and skipped over the public release. It wouldn't have quelled all of the whining... but maybe it would've taken care of some of it. Though, the new complaint I am sure would have been "exclusivity". Wait... people are still talking about that, too.

Seriously... for those on the fence... Yes, W10M is still in preview and there are still bugs. But the reviews are idiotic at best. The phone is amazing.

(and no, I am not pointing fingers around here. The finger pointing is entirely on the reviewers.)
    I agree. I think so many put so much into what the reviews say, but would be well served to pump the breaks.

How many of the reviewers use WP as their daily driver? How many even kind of use it? Of course they're going to be predisposed to nit pick, even if they're trying to be unbiased.

Phone isn't perfect.... We get it. Phone was designed for WP fans, not the folks at the verge.

Can't wait for my XL!!!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:44 AM
    My only gripe is that someone doing a review had the plastic around the usb-c connector get all bent up. That shows it's pretty cheap quality material. Now given that the material is this cheap, I am skeptical on the price they are asking. The internals are pretty much the same all around from other flagships that are cheaper. In fact, a lot of chinese companies sell high end phones for dirt cheap with similar internals just the externals are not so great. So the pricing is going either for something else or they are making a good amount of money from it. The amoled screen is apparently pentile which is an odd choice given samsung has the super amoled plus using full rgb and a process that makes it almost as cheap as pentile to produce. I'd at least like to know what sort of matrix they are using on the leds, there doesn't seem to be any info on any of this.

I still want the 950xl but i'm a bit more cautious now. Will see the reviews on the heating issue.

test.png

Edit:

I should add someone noted he likely tried to pry it open incorrectly. This is the Verge reviewer. Hope he did it on purpose because even those scratches look bad if he didn't use something strong.

untitled.png
    11-22-2015 01:57 PM
    I'm a fan? Yes, ive owned androids (Xperia ray + arc - hated it) a 520 and a 830 but i'm still on a 2 year contract. I somehow convinced my dad to get a 925 for himself, but he was like meh - no apps. My mum took my 520 and she was like meh too - no apps. Uhhh....me on the other hand, I love Windows Phone. It might not have all the apps people want but it does enough for me (the only app i really wanted was Clash of Clans but i'd probably delete it anyways after 2 weeks) but the Lumia 950's design doesn't convince me. I mean some people say that who cares about the design? i do and i did when i bought the 830. Surprisingly people come up to me and say i love your phone so... 95% next year i'll buy the "surface phone" :)
    11-22-2015 03:37 PM
30 12