Disappointing 950 review on Cnet!

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone check out Cnet's crappy review of the Lumia 950 yet??
I have to say the comment section blasts the reviewer BUT why they let a Google Android lover review a Windows phone is beyond me... Very disappointing, she gave it a 7 out of 10, I certainly put my 2 cents in :eck:
Microsoft Lumia 950 review - CNET

XcZachx20

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
7 of 10is passing if you're looking at it from a grading scale. I haven't read the review but as long as they reviewed the phone for what it is and not as "this is what it's missing that android" has, then the criticism is probably some what due.

koffiejunk

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Well sorry to pop your bubble..But the lumia 950 isn't that great. It doesn't have a wow factor. And it's running on a beta os..

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I dunno. I've been a WP fan since the beginning, but I really can't find fault with anything she said. I mean, she says she actually likes the phone but the ecosystem itself is just lagging so far behind that it's hard to recommend it.

- Boring but good hardware. Yup
- OS still has too many rough edges. Yup
- No payments system. Yup
- App gap. Yup

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You're right, it's just great. See what I did there. :p
Yep, it's called denial. Next comes anger, then bargaining. Most of us are already on depression. :)

Still very likely getting a 950XL though, especially now that it looks like it IS in fact dual SIM. That's one thing I really want and that the L1520 doesn't have.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it's called denial. Next comes anger, then bargaining. Most of us are already on depression. :)

Still very likely getting a 950XL though, especially now that it looks like it IS in fact dual SIM. That's one thing I really want and that the L1520 doesn't have.

Been there done that and I'm coming back from less than a year on Android. Once I saw that the browser was working much better that's all I need. The core windows apps that come with the phone are really all I use, so not much of an app gap for me.

The death of flash is a good thing.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I am very surprised they gave it a 7/10. I was expecting 5/10. Let's be honest, new Lumias don't hold a candle next to iPhone 6S or Galaxy S6.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Her review was fair in my opinion. There wasn't an overly negative tone like the verges. And she kept saying how much she loved the cameras as a consistent windows phone user, I agree with her review. I just wish she mentioned replaceable back covers of you want to add swagger to your phone. But in al honestly I don't buy a phone to look at the hardware. It's supposed to disappear in your hand. Microsoft needs to do a better job of marketing the customizable back plates though. Well they need to do a better job marketing period but I digress...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll never understand... Never.

"I hate this article. It is so wrong. Let me spread the link around."

Do you truly want them getting support from advertisers based on click counts to their articles? Why keep feeding them traffic?

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
A lot of reviews are marketing. Look who advertises with them (apple Samsung ahmmm....) And I agree with " this review review sucks so I'm going to go tell everyone about it" is a weird thing to do. The best reviews I've seen are off mobile nations ( wpcentral,android, and crackberry). That being said you have to do your research yourself.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Cnet didn't like it. The Verge didn't like it. Dan Rubino didn't like it. I'm starting to see a pattern here . . .

Rubino did like it. Thats the problem right there. not only do you have inaccurate reviews you also have people inaccurately reporting the reviews. His point was it's not awe inspiring. I check it out and I agree with him. Nice phone but doesn't blow your doors off. I've been test driving a priv and the reviews are all over the place and not accurate at all.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'll never understand... Never.

"I hate this article. It is so wrong. Let me spread the link around."

Do you truly want them getting support from advertisers based on click counts to their articles? Why keep feeding them traffic?

I agree! But you can have 100 people tell you hi and have a good day and one tells you to go play in traffic, which one are you going to tell your friends about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Rubino did like it. Thats the problem right there. not only do you have inaccurate reviews you also have people inaccurately reporting the reviews. His point was it's not awe inspiring.

To quote the summary paragraph of Daniel Rubino's review:

"However, its ho-hum design and meager app selection will keep switchers at bay leaving just enough to satisfy the die-hard Microsoft fans."

He doesn't like it. Moreover, he has the same criticisms of it that the other reviewers do. So yeah, I see a pattern.

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
why they let a Google Android lover review a Windows phone is beyond me...

Because in order for the phone to be popular... you have to win over Android and iOS lovers? The phone is just so-so.... that doesn't WoW me at all and it definitely isn't a phone to convince to me give up my android. There is only 1 reason for me to go W10M, Cortana... and that's it. That in itself isn't a good enough reason considering all I'll be giving up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb