Hi all,

Pre-ordered my Lumia 950 and am waiting for it to arrive next week or the week after (because Canada). In my line of work I use tools such as SSH client, VNC on a daily basis. I'm NOT expecting Continuum to replace my laptop at work, simply not possible, however if I were at home and I wanted to do some lite work it would be ideal if I could just walk up to my desk which has a monitor/keyboard/mouse, enable continuum and get some work done.

At a minimum tools I would need:
    -SSH client
    -VNC client
    -Remote Desktop client would solve a lot of these problems.

From my understanding none of those exist as apps that would work on Continuum. Anyone have tips or tricks or new tools to share which may allow for this? I know it's early days, but if we can get some devs to make some universal apps I can see continuum being very useful, until then...more of a gadget toy.
    11-21-2015 12:35 PM
    Have you tried TeamViewer? It is a very good remote desktop app.
    11-21-2015 12:40 PM
    Microsoft has a universal app RDP client in the store (aptly named "Remote Desktop").

Token2Shell/MD is a nice universal app SSH client (not free but cheap as commercial SSH clients go)

Not sure about VNC I haven't needed it in a while.
    11-21-2015 01:12 PM
    Microsoft has a universal app RDP client in the store (aptly named "Remote Desktop").
    Nope. There is a Remote Desktop app by Microsoft on the phone, but that's the old WP 8.1 version. On the PC there is also Remote Desktop (the old Windows 8 version), and Remote Desktop Preview (using the new UWP framework). The latter is the only one which could possibly be used with Continuum, but it is not available on phones.
    TexasLabRat likes this.
    11-21-2015 01:43 PM
    TeamViewer is alright but the overhead with installation makes it a no go for anything but a stopgap for now. I imagine the new RD client is Comming Soon :/
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...0/395234-2.htm <-- screenshot of TV in action.
    11-21-2015 02:17 PM
    Token2Shell/MD is on sale for $0.99 (97% off). Thanks for the tip!
    TexasLabRat likes this.
    11-21-2015 03:53 PM
    Nope. There is a Remote Desktop app by Microsoft on the phone, but that's the old WP 8.1 version. On the PC there is also Remote Desktop (the old Windows 8 version), and Remote Desktop Preview (using the new UWP framework). The latter is the only one which could possibly be used with Continuum, but it is not available on phones.
    Ah..I stand corrected. I assumed since it was available in the win10 store and they looked identical on pc and phone it was universal. Thanks for the clarification.
    11-21-2015 04:13 PM
    Nice thanks guys, have you guys actually tried Token2Shell/MD with continuum? Work? Work well?
    11-21-2015 05:20 PM
    Teamviewer for Continuum is a bit weird. For me anyway. It scales properly, but it doesn't seem like it responds to mouse or keyboard inputs once connected. The instructions for the touch screen still pop up.

I have yet to try anything else, but these issues have not been mentioned yet, so I figured I would mention them.
    11-21-2015 06:49 PM
    Nice thanks guys, have you guys actually tried Token2Shell/MD with continuum? Work? Work well?
    I don't yet have a continuum-capable phone but I've used the app on both my 830 and my laptop and it works well in both environments. Given my experience with playing with continuum on the demo phones at the MS store I've got no reason to believe there would be any issues with running token2shell in that mode.
    11-21-2015 11:34 PM