Coming back from iOS

schismal

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
So I was one of those who, after several generations of Windows Phone (Focus, 920), jumped to the iPhone 6 due to the lack of a flagship release last year.

Thing is, I kinda hate iOS. Sure, it has a vibrant app ecosystem, but I hate the underlying OS. The back button is awkward, the keyboard is worse than Windows', the pull-up menu is infuriating, and there are tons of tiny things throughout the OS that I find non-optimal. In terms of hardware, I also feel that the camera is worse than my 920. It's alright in well-lit conditions, although the clarity is sometimes lacking. But its low-light abilities are far worse. At the end of the day, I'm going to drop this on ebay and go back to the 950, despite the ecosystem weaknesses and immature software.

So I have two questions for you guys. First, what are the solid apps these days? I know of the obvious Rudy apps, Baconit, etc, and I was hoping for some lesser-known-but-solid recommendations. What's the favorite news app these days? Or photo editing apps? (I have Polarr on my desktop, and jeez, I want a mobile version so badly!)

Second: White or Cognac? I feel that White might mesh better with the phone's aesthetics, given the silver/black trimmings, but the Cognac color is beautiful on its own. I'm so torn. :/
mozo-lumia950-backcover-white_1.jpgmozo-lumia950l-backcover-brown-leather.jpg

dda_k

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey, welcome back! Happy to know people are returning. Rudy apps are still the best. For YouTube there is TubeCast or MeteoTube. My personal favourite for editing images are Lumia Creative studio andCamera360 Sight.
I would go for white, kinda sick of those dark colors.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Cognac for my 950XL mostly because the leather isn't monochromatic. I'm sure its dyed just like the red, white and black but not to where all sense of its origins is obscured. I could take or leave the stitching which I suspect may be just stamped in like the fake texture on the red, white and black.

Bay 13

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
It is subjective..they all look good. Follow your gut.

Me personally? Like Bruce Wayne asked Lucius Fox in the Batman Movie about the Batmobile color: " Does it come in Black?"

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Nextgen is a great news app, and it's universal. As far as the case, I'd go with the cognac. It's more vibrant and won't get as dirty looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon