I don't see any car USB-C chargers available anywhere. The few available on Amazon have horrible reviews.
    11-21-2015 01:52 PM
    Same here. Not sure what to do.
    11-22-2015 11:02 PM
    Simply, just get a charger with usb sockets and use a 3.1 Type-A to Type-C USB cable?
    Musicman247 likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:11 PM
    Just get a standard USB plug charger and use the cable that came with the phone.
    11-22-2015 11:11 PM
    You might want to reconsider..

https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung/posts/HakwCMmd346

"Q : Why is a bad 3A resistor a problem?
    A: 3A is bad because all of these cables and adapters are legacy host port adapter cable, meaning the other end of the cable is Type-A plug. The Type-A port and the vast majority of the devices that have Type-A ports were never designed to support 3A charging.

The cable lies to the phone by telling the phone it's attached to a pure 3A charging path, like the C-to-C cable to the OEM 3A charger that ships with the Nexus 6P/5X. The phone will attempt to draw 3A, but that may damage the weaker device you have the Type-A end of the cable plugged into.

Q: If I have a 1A or 2A charger, am I safe?
    No, if you have a weaker charger, you are actually at MORE risk because your phone/tablet/laptop may not know to stop at the 1A or 2A limit the charger advertises because of the improper identifier in the cable."
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:16 PM

A: 3A is bad because all of these cables and adapters are legacy host port adapter cable, meaning the other end of the cable is Type-A plug. The Type-A port and the vast majority of the devices that have Type-A ports were never designed to support 3A charging.

The cable lies to the phone by telling the phone it's attached to a pure 3A charging path, like the C-to-C cable to the OEM 3A charger that ships with the Nexus 6P/5X. The phone will attempt to draw 3A, but that may damage the weaker device you have the Type-A end of the cable plugged into.

No, if you have a weaker charger, you are actually at MORE risk because your phone/tablet/laptop may not know to stop at the 1A or 2A limit the charger advertises because of the improper identifier in the cable."
    Thanks, however the context here is about Car Chargers :).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-23-2015 01:08 AM
    ? house charger or car charger it still applies. If the cable fools the device into thinking it can charge at a higher amperage, you could have some problems. Type A ports were never spec'd to supported 3A.

Now, I hope the cable that was shipped with our phones is properly built even though it seems almost no other manufacturer can build one correctly. But I suspect it's there mainly as a data cable since type c is so new.
    11-23-2015 01:12 AM

If you read the entire FAQ, it's entirely safe as long as you're using a cable that meets the specification.
    11-23-2015 01:22 AM
    Right. Most are not built appropriately to spec.
    11-23-2015 01:43 AM