AT&T Sales Staff Not Helping

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I drive out of my way to a store that had them in stock according to the AT&T website, only to be told they didn't have them.

I said, "great, I just two hours because your website said you did have them" (it was really only an hour). The sales rep just shrugged, like 'who gives a s--t'. I said, "thanks, you curly headed f---" and stormed out (LOL I live Step Brothers).

I got out to my car and he started yelling at me from the door of the store, I thought OK he's pissed cause of what I said - well lets do this, I'm ready to throw down in the parking lot LOL. Turns out, they did have them and this was just another case of a rep not knowing jack.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I drive out of my way to a store that had them in stock according to the AT&T website, only to be told they didn't have them.

I said, "great, I just two hours because your website said you did have them" (it was really only an hour). The sales rep just shrugged, like 'who gives a s--t'. I said, "thanks, you curly headed f---" and stormed out (LOL I live Step Brothers).

I got out to my car and he started yelling at me from the door of the store, I thought OK he's pissed cause of what I said - well lets do this, I'm ready to throw down in the parking lot LOL. Turns out, they did have them and this was just another case of a rep not knowing jack.

This might be the best story I've heard so far.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Haha! Great story. Glad you got your phone!

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been there with many sales idiots however why should they care it's not in their "sales"interest to sell phones which don't sell.

Achike Da

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happened to me. Without the cussing tho :)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new here OP. Many only know of and is comfortable with ONE platform. Might be android, might be Iphone. So that is how they steer prospective buyers. Even if the person asks for the 950, they are lacking of knowledge of what this market is about, they don't even try.. We've all heard the story about the TECH SUPPORT guy who took over a full hour to find the desktop when Windows 8 dropped. These are the same people selling phones. They have never been technologically curious and they don't know squat.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If ms did pay, then certainly AT&T is no living up to their end of the bargain by having employees saying W10M is trash.

I don't know if Microsoft actually pays AT&T to carry Windows Phones, but it fits right in with all the other "facts" thrown around here. :angel:

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
It is Microsoft's job to make a compelling product. Don't kid yourself; when Windows Phone is ready to run with the big boys, it will sell, with or without the carriers' help.

Except that they do push the phones they want to, like iPhones and Galaxies. I wouldn't care that they're not pushing them, but On T-mo when the 925 came out everyone I know that got one had to argue with the sales person because they were insisting that we were buying junk and we should get an iPhone instead. I had to threaten to leave to get them to shut up and sell me a phone.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I went to an ATT corporate store last night. The 950 was on display and working, the dock was displayed with it. The salesman that helped me knew the phone. He let me know about all offers that were available with the phone, like the Surface 3 deal. He showed me a case, screen protector and the dock while my new phone was updating. I ended up buying the phone, dock and a screen protector when all was done. I had a very good experience.

You should email the store manager and mention the sales person and thank them for being knowledgeable and professional.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
First off, did you go to a AT&T corporate store or a 3rd party store? If it was a Corporate store I find it hard to believe because I did training with them and they loved the 950 and 950 xl and all of it's amazing abilities. I went to the device night and it was 75% AT&T employees. Now if you are in a market that didn't have a device night then those employees need to be drawn and quartered because they are morons, just kidding. Then the problem lies with AT&T and their lack of training as usual.

desitunez

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
when will people realise , its not about volume anymore , microsoft have given up . All these devices are for fans. Not consumers , if you want to expereince that stuff visit microsoft store. Here in australia there is no stores to see that even , not even single carrier is selling it. But fans will buy it from overseas.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but here in Kenya we have shops everywhere you look selling phones. It would be madness for an operator to sell phones that are locked to them. Some tried years ago and it backfired terribly. Phones sold by telcoms are unlocked.

In the major cities, every tenth shop is a phone selling shop. From tecno to samsung to nokia to lg to htc to sony to bird and others. You walk in the streets and you'll see tecno or samsung or nokia smartphones. You'll barely see anyone with an iphone. Those that you do see with an iphone probably got it from their relatives abroad

I can buy any phone I want from the city center and the prices will more or less be the same. If telcom companies have the model I'm looking for, they might even have it on offer or lower priced. That's how I bought my lumia 1020 at 450USD when other shops were sellinh at 610USD or higher

Telcom shops or normal phone shops never push you to buy a certain phone. You ask any phone and they'll find it for you. I've never seen sales rep criticising phones or OSs. Most telcom shops even have sales reps from the phone companies

There are even shops that are completely for one phone company like tecno or samsung or Nokia. You can find them in every town and city

I don't know what developed nation markets are thinking. I thought we live in a free market where anything sells and can be bought? It looks like it works a whole lot better in developing nations rather than developed nations. No wonder Nokia/MS smartphone share in Kenya is 15% or higher (based on my daily observances in public transport and tech events)

umovies

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
But its like our politics. We get what we deserve because we don't educate ourselves and vote smart at either the ballot box or with out wallets.
Beat me to it, A good candidate could save a baby from a fire and not be news worthy a bad candidate that the media likes could beat his wife and it will never make the news

dinkatoid

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I went in on Saturday and my local AT&T had a big center display with the 950 and the Surface 3 along with a few other phones. I asked the rep about it and they only had 2 white in stock and so they pointed me to another AT&T store with the black version in stock. She did talk to me for a moment about the phone though, and seemed pretty positive.

The second store was much smaller (the first was a service center too) and did have the phone on display, though it wasn't labeled. Which was kind of funny because there was this big banner across the back of the store with the iPhone, Galaxy and 950 with pictures and such, but they didn't label the unit itself. Once I pointed it out, the guy went back and picked me up one. He seemed a bit confused at first, but once it turned on and he saw the OS, it clearly clicked for him. He told me that all the store employees had been trained on them recently and the trainer had come in with a display dock and showed it off and he kept talking about how cool it was.

Overall it was a good experience, everyone seemed positive about the phone and nobody ever tried to push me in another direction. I was pretty amazed by how much advertising was in the store for it, and it seems like both stores I went to were low on stock.

BikeMrown

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I had a great experience at the AT&T store in Raleigh, NC. It was early evening on a Saturday and only 1 other customer (actually an AT&T Uverse employee that cam in to buy the 950 too). One rep had been dogfooding the 640XL for a few weeks and liked it, especially for a budget phone. No one was remotely disparaging about Windows phones or anything. They said they definitely don't get as many customers as iPhone, Galaxy, etc. but those that do come in know what they want (and know all about it). They ported our 2 VZW numbers and got everything setup in about 45 minutes.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Frankly, I think the bigger issue with these sales reps is one of "disparagement". Loooooooong time ago, 20 some years, I worked for Circuit City in sales, and a HUGE no no was talking badly about ANY product sold in the store. You would try and explain benefits of one over another, why something may not be right for needs, creative type things, but NEVER say "that sucks" or "nobody buys that" or anything similar. It was considered, look, we sell this product, we don't want to **** off the manufacturer. I don't get why this is tolerated now in these stores. We could actually get fired back then for saying similar things about any product sold in the store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills