So, picked up my Lumia 950 yesterday. So far I am NOT really thrilled with it. I have been a loyal windows phone fan since 920 day one. I have never had this many issues before. I never signed up for Insider Preview for 10 so maybe this has been discussed before but. None of my custom notification sounds are working. The individual text tones that I set for each contact just default to the general text tone. My incoming emails no longer have a sound when they arrive in my inbox. Anyone have any idea how to fix or is this just par for Windows 10 at this time?
    11-22-2015 01:26 AM
    I am experiencing the same issue. ATT 950 connected to an exchange email server.

I get calendar notifications but not mail.
    12-02-2015 04:14 PM
    The issue is that a custom MMS or SMS tone overwrites your custom text tones per user. Change the notification sound for Messaging to "Default". Then your custom tones for contacts will start working correctly. It's a bug with the current build of Windows 10. Hopefully MS fixes in the next build - previous builds didn't have custom tones working at all - so it's moving in the right direction. :-)

Outlook notifications are also oddly setup. It would appear in Notification Sounds for Outlook Mail that you should be getting a sound - but you're not. To get sounds when a new e-mail comes in, you go into Outlook - then Settings - then Options - then in the Notifications section, check the box "Play a sound" and "Show a notification banner" if you want them.
    12-02-2015 05:54 PM