Three days until unlocked version ships... still no preorder?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
As I posted, I pre-ordered my Unlocked Lumia 950 in Black on the 17th of November over the phone with the Microsoft Store.
Over the phone they spent every day telling me that they weren't available for preorder, and now they're... sold out? When the hell did preorders even open up?! I've never seen the unlocked non-XL 950 become available for order (or preorder) to begin with.

Ugh... MSFT makes me rage when it comes to structure, planning and organization. They seem to not have any damn clue what they're doing.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Over the phone they spent every day telling me that they weren't available for preorder, and now they're... sold out? When the hell did preorders even open up?! I've never seen the unlocked non-XL 950 become available for order (or preorder) to begin with.

Ugh... MSFT makes me rage when it comes to structure, planning and organization. They seem to not have any damn clue what they're doing.

Update after a phone call to Microsoft today, Monday. They told my phone is now back on schedule to be shipped out 11-25, Wednesday this week. I guess we will see when it ships. I will update when it does.

bigbmc26

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Update after a phone call to Microsoft today, Monday. They told my phone is now back on schedule to be shipped out 11-25, Wednesday this week. I guess we will see when it ships. I will update when it does.

The original question is still valid though, why haven't they opened online pre-orders yet? I'm not close to a MS store, I'd like to order my device before the 25th. What if they sell out like the XL? The launch has been horrible.

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
According to the articles on WC, they have reopened pre-orders a few times, selling out rapidly both times. The latest pre-order deliveries fell into December.

This just tells me that they are just waiting until they have stock before opening up online orders again.

Granted, the 25th is a rather weird day to ship, but I don't see where they have screwed anything up, other than not mass producing a device that they weren't even sure would sell.

As far as carriers having the devices, they probably didn't want to have devices sitting in their back rooms not selling, due to low market share. Business 101.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
The original question is still valid though, why haven't they opened online pre-orders yet? I'm not close to a MS store, I'd like to order my device before the 25th. What if they sell out like the XL? The launch has been horrible.

Hey man, I did my order over the phone. So, must call the store at 425-635-2970 and tell them you want to order the phone. I did get someone who knew how to get it done. Nit all the reps knew how to make the order, so you might have to call more than once to get someone who can get it done. I just hope yo can get in line to get yours shipped by then.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey man, I did my order over the phone. So, must call the store at 425-635-2970 and tell them you want to order the phone. I did get someone who knew how to get it done. Nit all the reps knew how to make the order, so you might have to call more than once to get someone who can get it done. I just hope yo can get in line to get yours shipped by then.
It is definitely true that some know this system better than others.

Typically takes me about three calls before I get someone who knows what they're doing. This time though... I'm on my 9th call. Not to sound discriminatory, but I always get some lady with a furiously thick accent who sounds like she couldn't operate terminal to save her life... much less work the system to make a customer satisfied.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
It is definitely true that some know this system better than others.

Typically takes me about three calls before I get someone who knows what they're doing. This time though... I'm on my 9th call. Not to sound discriminatory, but I always get some lady with a furiously thick accent who sounds like she couldn't operate terminal to save her life... much less work the system to make a customer satisfied.

No worries man, I mean they are hired to speak English aren't they?
I lucked out on my first call and the guy I spoke with was in Brazil and spoke good English ands knew exactly what to do and completed the order right then a d got me the discount. I was pleasantly surprised. If course the next 3 calls had issues even looking up the order. I got good at politely saying goodbye and calling back.

bigbmc26

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site

Was the white and black 950 available over the phone? No one seems to know if the white will be available unlocked to pre-order or buy in-store tomorrow.

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I may actually be done with Microsoft products, I consider myself an enthusiast willing to purchase the Lumia 950 unlocked which is probably overpriced, but whats an enthusiast whose 1020 broke 5 months ago and has been using the 635 since to do? Earlier this month I went online to the Microsoft website and hit email me when this product is available... I never got an email. I called the Microsoft store to see when they would be selling it at their locations of course I was told it would be the 26th but I wouldn't be able to get one because they are out of pre orders! When did they start taking pre orders.

Honestly I was willing to purchase this because I've had the HTC Arrive, Lumia 900, the 1020, and of course my 635 stop gap and I'm a windows phone enthusiast and developer. However, this experience and the rollout is horrible. I cant even pay nearly $600 to purchase and enthusiast phone that the greater world doesn't event want. Damn Microsoft, what are you doing?

Sorry for the rant but their sales strategy, marketing and logistics are just poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET