Are all these issues with the 950 on the AT&T version or MSFT unlocked version?
    11-22-2015 08:54 AM
    No issues here. AT&T 950
    11-22-2015 09:11 AM
    Are all these issues with the 950 on the AT&T version or MSFT unlocked version?
    I always wait to take the comments seriously until I see a consistent problem. There are a couple of software glitches admitted by Microsoft that are going to be fixed in the next update. The double tap has been addressed by Microsoft directly. Would like to have that feature since the hardware does support it.
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-22-2015 09:40 AM
    I always wait to take the comments seriously until I see a consistent problem. There are a couple of software glitches admitted by Microsoft that are going to be fixed in the next update. The double tap has been addressed by Microsoft directly. Would like to have that feature since the hardware does support it.
    Thanks, I'm still waiting on my phone and reading all these issues just made me a bit uneasy. I remember all the problems I've had with a new OS and I see the issues my wife is having (ios 9). I know MSFT, they always deliver (except Vista, I peg that as a bad dream that never happened :P).
    11-22-2015 10:21 AM
    Has anyone been able to install the Windows Insider app, register for Fast Ring and check for updates without an error? I'm leaning toward getting the unlocked 950 at Msft Store because I'm concerned there will either be a delay getting updates from AT&T or some other functionality that is hobbled. For example, a firmware update from Msft could come quick and AT&T could sit on it for months. Any info on this?
    11-22-2015 10:46 AM
    I went with AT&T simply because if I buy the phone on a Next 12 plan I can return the phone after 12 months and get a new one without having to finish paying for the first. I'll have effectively paid for 3/5 of the 950 when I give it back to them. Then I can get a Surface phone (assuming Microsoft hasn't completely destroyed Windows Phone by then).
    11-22-2015 11:23 AM
    Has anyone been able to install the Windows Insider app, register for Fast Ring and check for updates without an error? I'm leaning toward getting the unlocked 950 at Msft Store because I'm concerned there will either be a delay getting updates from AT&T or some other functionality that is hobbled. For example, a firmware update from Msft could come quick and AT&T could sit on it for months. Any info on this?
    From what I understand, the 950 isn't in the insider program yet, it also doesn't have a restore image in WDRT, making a jump to the insider builds a one way trip right now. As for how long will updates from at&t take? No one knows anything for sure at the moment.
    YKinase and xandros9 like this.
    11-22-2015 11:37 AM
    Just posted this in a separate thread - I can confirm Ashram's comment from Gabe Aul's tweet I saw from yesterday regarding whether 950/XL are on Insider:
    @zeke_again Not yet, we need to get some support in place for 950 & 950XL to enable them for Insider Previews

Unfortunately, what "support" they need and how long it will take was not addressed. Ugh.
    11-22-2015 12:23 PM
    Thanks, I'm still waiting on my phone and reading all these issues just made me a bit uneasy. I remember all the problems I've had with a new OS and I see the issues my wife is having (ios 9). I know MSFT, they always deliver (except Vista, I peg that as a bad dream that never happened :P).
    I have been running the Pre-Release version of Windows Phone on my Lumia 830 for about a month and with the latest release I have not had one problem. I am not sure what release is installed on the 950's when they are delivered, but if it is with the latest version I am running you will be happy. Like I say, the only thing I saw consistently complained about was the double tap to wake missing from the build on the 950. It works on my 830 with the latest build and use it all the time.
    11-22-2015 12:50 PM
    Why do I have a feeling that 950 will get insider the day after the MS unlocked version is available.
    11-22-2015 12:53 PM
    Why do I have a feeling that 950 will get insider the day after the MS unlocked version is available.
    It's either that or they need to release the insider build as a regular update for the 950 series phone asap after unlocked ships.
    11-23-2015 11:38 PM
    I have, although there are no updates beyond 10586.0, which is what it's running right out of the box.

I don't think ATT will sit on any updates, but that's just a hunch I have. I could be wrong, only time will tell.
    11-23-2015 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD