Why bad reviews are a good thing right now.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Any ways, you guys are over exaggerating.. There is so many comments on YouTube, where people are freaked out about Lumia 950 and 950 XL, and even be like "I'm dropping my iPhone 6S order for Lumia 950XL !!" And things like that :)

I dropped android, I don't regret it. I've had ios Droid and W.P, W.P has not let me down. All the issues that are happening are normal especially when a new phone combined with a new O.S are released at or around the same time.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Lumia fan, but its not genius. Others not doing it is moronic. So I can see if someone is grading on a curve they would think its genius. LoL

Well I "laugh" when people destroy their "Samsung and Apple" phones and pay another 200? to repair it. I was never a fan of metallic phones either although I use 830. Hot in summer, freezing in winter and thus discharging the battery faster than it should.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
And if something is really cool, when I asked my class which material I should use in my concept phone design, it was Wood. Where it could be actually done for 950s. Totally up to it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
And if something is really cool, when I asked my class which material I should use in my concept phone design, it was Wood. Where it could be actually done for 950s. Totally up to it.
The structure needs to be something like polycarb because of how the backs are removed and installed but I would LOVE for someone to make a back that just has a full height and width recessed area to put various material and colored panels in. That would also eliminate the downside of paying for NFC and wireless charging OR to move the built-in components for every different look. And on the inside mold in edges for where to put the factory components so customers can't put them in wrong if buying the version that doesn't come with those parts.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
The structure needs to be something like polycarb because of how the backs are removed and installed but I would LOVE for someone to make a back that just has a full height and width recessed area to put various material and colored panels in. That would also eliminate the downside of paying for NFC and wireless charging OR to move the built-in components for every different look. And on the inside mold in edges for where to put the factory components so customers can't put them in wrong if buying the version that doesn't come with those parts.

Good thinking. Would be definitely excellent. I think it's worthy to put this idea into production. Thought, Lumia would need to be a little bit more popular for this project to be successful in the long run.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Lol, I'm getting wild ideas.. Making covers that would make the device thicker, but would eliminate Camera bump, make speaker more acoustic, and most importantly increasing the capacity of the battery, all that with all the wireless and NFC connectors.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Good thinking. Would be definitely excellent. I think it's worthy to put this idea into production. Thought, Lumia would need to be a little bit more popular for this project to be successful in the long run.
We need a DIYer to post a file to make these with a 3D printer.

hint, hint, hint

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I'm getting wild ideas.. Making covers that would make the device thicker, but would eliminate Camera bump, make speaker more acoustic, and most importantly increasing the capacity of the battery, all that with all the wireless and NFC connectors.
Please don't forget to make one like this:

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Where do I give my crowdfunding payment?

Wish I was already there ;).. I really need to find out where I can get all the information/specifications/dimensions about all the L950s body shells.. Just like all Companies got them, so they can produce covers, shells, etc. I need that so I can start playing with it asap..

ltjordan24

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The most important thing to consider when reading reviews is the source. Certain sites, I won't even read their reviews because I know they're biased. Cnet, Theverge, bgr and Engadget are notoriously pro-Apple. Seriously, go read the review of the 950/XL and then read a review for one of the iphones. The phones can have the same features and it will criticized on the Windows phone but praised on the iPhone. Sometimes, I don't even think they use the product because they're just so blatantly wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss