I posted this in the bugs section but maybe it isn't actually a bug. I noticed my glance screen doesn't shift around the screen like it did on my previous amoled phones. Doesn't it need to in order to prevent burn in on these screens? I usually set my glance to always on but don't want to if it isn't working right. Does anybody leave theirs on and notice if it moves?
    11-22-2015 12:01 PM
    First, No it is not supposed to move. Not a bug.

Second, I could be wrong, but I believe what you will hear is this: It is not an LCD screen, it is an AMOLED screen. Screen burn-ins are a thing of the past.

The difference is that LEDs simply change color, so for burn-in to happen, the LEDs would all have to become physically stuck emitting only one color. I'm no expert, but I seriously doubt that is even possible. When an LED gets toasted, you end up with a dead pixel. (little red or green dots).
    11-22-2015 03:05 PM

Second, I could be wrong, but I believe what you will hear is this: It is not an LCD screen, it is an AMOLED screen. Screen burn-ins are a thing of the past.

The difference is that LEDs simply change color, so for burn-in to happen, the LEDs would all have to become physically stuck emitting only one color. I'm no expert, but I seriously doubt that is even possible. When an LED gets toasted, you end up with a dead pixel. (little red or green dots).
    Actually OLED screens are able to completely turn off each individual pixel. That's why blacks look so black. To display black on an LCD the backlight has to be on so blacks end up a dark shade of grey.
    11-22-2015 03:28 PM
    When oled sub pixels are aging, they become darker. If the glance screen won't move, the used sub pixels will age faster then the rest and maybe it will become visible after some time. Whether this effect is really significant on the low level of brightness used, I don't know.
    11-22-2015 04:59 PM

AMOLED does wear out... It's physically impossible for it not to wear out, in fact.

It worries me that glance doesn't currently move around, but I assume they'll fix this with an update soon.
    11-22-2015 05:00 PM
    I know my 1020 amoled suffered noticeable burn-in in the short time I had it. The glance screen on that one though, did move around every couple seconds.
    11-22-2015 05:56 PM
    Better to notify Microsoft with the feedback app, just in case, it should move around.
    11-22-2015 06:23 PM
    Yup. But for some reason whenever pixels die on me, they end up red or green. Maybe not an LED death. Maybe something else.

FWIW - turning off the LEDs to display back is also why they are so much better on batteries. :)
    11-22-2015 09:26 PM
    I know my 1020 amoled suffered noticeable burn-in in the short time I had it. The glance screen on that one though, did move around every couple seconds.
    My 925's screen has been abused over the past two years and it's still fine, with no visible burn-in. Glance moving around really isn't a problem. Glance fixed in one spot might be, though.

I once saw a 925 display unit that had been there a while. Man, that screen had the tiles all burned in, it was quite nasty.
    11-23-2015 06:43 AM
    Can you still use the glance images like on my old 920. Really missed glance on my 930

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-23-2015 07:35 AM
    Can you still use the glance images like on my old 920. Really missed glance on my 930

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Do you mean can you use a wallpaper on the glance screen? If so, then yes. You can set a custom wallpaper for glance.
    Robert Hall2 likes this.
    11-23-2015 10:06 AM
    I posted this in the bugs section but maybe it isn't actually a bug. I noticed my glance screen doesn't shift around the screen like it did on my previous amoled phones. Doesn't it need to in order to prevent burn in on these screens? I usually set my glance to always on but don't want to if it isn't working right. Does anybody leave theirs on and notice if it moves?
    Just got a 950 & noticed this aswell (previously had 925).
    12-11-2015 12:42 AM
    I am worry about this too. I once bought a Lumia 925 with burn in. It was pretty bad. Had to return it.
    12-11-2015 12:58 AM
    This is still the case. Anyone know why they haven't fixed it?
    05-10-2016 09:38 AM
    This is still the case. Anyone know why they haven't fixed it?
    Mine moves now, thankfully. I have gotten burn in from the menu buttons and some tile edges at this point.
    05-10-2016 07:15 PM