Stock Black Battery Cover

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
AT&T hosed me when they gave me the wrong colored device. It was an online order for in-store pick up. I picked it up and returned back to work. When I returned to work and opened up the box, I was bummed to see they had grabbed the wrong color from what I had ordered.

When I tried to swap it out, they said because I had opened the box outside of AT&T, my phone was now subject to a $35 restocking fee. They said there is nothing they can do for me outside of returning the phone, paying the restocking fee to get the right color. They wouldn't help me whatsoever.

So, my question is... does ANYONE know if you can order JUST a stock black battery cover for the L950? Anyone order a replacement cover and now have an extra black one they no longer need?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know of those. Not looking for one of the Mozo covers, just a stock one. I plan on contacting Microsoft about it tomorrow and see if they can be of any help. I already tried to contact them today, but discovered that support is closed on the weekends for the Lumia devices. But thanks for the suggestion.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
That's unacceptable what happened to you. It's not your fault that they messed up your order so why should you have to pay a restocking fee? I probably would've talked to a manager.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I know of those. Not looking for one of the Mozo covers, just a stock one. I plan on contacting Microsoft about it tomorrow and see if they can be of any help. I already tried to contact them today, but discovered that support is closed on the weekends for the Lumia devices. But thanks for the suggestion.

I saw some on Alibba, but they are without the qi wireless integration.
Didn't think you'd want them without the wireless ability.
Good luck!

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow... that's messed up.
In Canada for almost every carrier I've dealt with they allowed you to return phones so long as there is less than 15minutes of usage time and there's absolutely zero damages to the device.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I did this for the better part of an hour in store Friday, 4 hours on the phone Saturday and 5 hours today with chat help.

I will keep trying, but I'm not seeing much help from AT&T.

Have you threatened to switch carriers? This usually works very well for me. ATT should have a loyalty department that will do what they can to keep you onboard. Worth a shot.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you threatened to switch carriers? This usually works very well for me. ATT should have a loyalty department that will do what they can to keep you onboard. Worth a shot.

I did this. I just signed a new deal with AT&T when I got this phone... this was their reply to my threatening to leave.

"Well that's certainly an option for you. However, even if you decide to do that, you would be subject to the same $35 restocking fee when you return the device and end your contract."

It's things like that, that make me feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with AT&T.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I did this. I just signed a new deal with AT&T when I got this phone... this was their reply to my threatening to leave.

"Well that's certainly an option for you. However, even if you decide to do that, you would be subject to the same $35 restocking fee when you return the device and end your contract."

It's things like that, that make me feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with AT&T.

Ask to speak to their loyalty department, however since you just switched, they might not bend over backwards. A dish network rep told me that they figured out that it costs more money to acquire new customers as it does to keep existing ones. I would assume this would be true for any subscription based service.

Mozo has announced that they will be making non leather backs, so maybe you could pick one of those up when they come out. Good luck to you.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ask to speak to their loyalty department, however since you just switched, they might not bend over backwards. A dish network rep told me that they figured out that it costs more money to acquire new customers as it does to keep existing ones. I would assume this would be true for any subscription based service.

Mozo has announced that they will be making non leather backs, so maybe you could pick one of those up when they come out. Good luck to you.

I didn't just switch, I was a month to month customer for a bit before I resigned to get this device. Been an AT&T customer since 2008.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Not trying to hijack the thread and this is a bit off topic. I apologize. You brought up AT&T customer service, well over 9 years ago my wife and I left AT&T over the customer service problems and have been with TMobile ever since. We are always treated with great customer service and have an unbelievable unlimited data plan on my phone and 400mb data(which she never uses up) on the wife's phone for $72 with tax per month. Yes unlimited texting and free roaming. When I called to get a sim card for my new Lumia 950 they sent it for free with free shipping. Also, recently gave me a super wireless router for free, TMobile TM-1900 (Asus AC-68U otherwise).

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind the att cover for this phone includes qi and powermatt coils. So if you do not care about the pma standard then the mozo cases are just fine. IF you do then you need to buy a back cover from att.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind the att cover for this phone includes qi and powermatt coils. So if you do not care about the pma standard then the mozo cases are just fine. IF you do then you need to buy a back cover from att.

never thought about that... the Mozo's come qi enabled, but not pma.... good thing all I need is qi!

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

Is ATT selling back covers?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs