Does the ATT phone come in a sealed box or opened? Is there a sticker that I have to break as an end user?
    11-23-2015 03:36 PM
    Does the ATT phone come in a sealed box or opened? Is there a sticker that I have to break as an end user?
    There is an unboxing video (Windows Central newsfeed) that might help answer that
    11-23-2015 04:00 PM
    The store will open it for you, unless you ask them not to. Then yes, there is a clear sticker as a seal.
    11-23-2015 04:44 PM
    I believe the standard ATT box has a circle sticker sealing the opening flap.
    11-23-2015 04:45 PM
    The store will open it for you, unless you ask them not to. Then yes, there is a clear sticker as a seal.
    I went to the store to pick mine up but the hadn't unpacked there shipment, I was on my lunch break so I said okay I'll come back later. The reps comment just didn't sit right with me after I said I was waiting for the 950, I been waiting to get my hands on that phone when it came in. Maybe I'm crazy but I've heard too many crazy stories from others receiving a used handset.
    11-23-2015 05:23 PM
    it's almost impossible to get a "used" unit... at most, the store opened it to check it out, and boxed it back up. But yes, a "sealed" and unopened box would have a non-broken sticker, but the store would also open it and place the sim in the phone.
    11-23-2015 05:51 PM
    it's almost impossible to get a "used" unit... at most, the store opened it to check it out, and boxed it back up. But yes, a "sealed" and unopened box would have a non-broken sticker, but the store would also open it and place the sim in the phone.
    Why would they put the sim if I can use the same one I had before?
    11-23-2015 08:13 PM
    in store? force of habit maybe? in store, it comes up as "phone setup" and may appear on the receipt (i swapped to a secure sim last year and despite the $0 cost, it was a service placed on the receipt)

When i previously bought phones at a physical location (my ex was an iphone junkie) the sim was in place BEFORE they brought it out to me, as in, already in the phone. one time, i specifically requested a sim not be placed and received a sealed box.
    11-23-2015 08:22 PM
    in store? force of habit maybe? in store, it comes up as "phone setup" and may appear on the receipt (i swapped to a secure sim last year and despite the $0 cost, it was a service placed on the receipt)

When i previously bought phones at a physical location (my ex was an iphone junkie) the sim was in place BEFORE they brought it out to me, as in, already in the phone. one time, i specifically requested a sim not be placed and received a sealed box.
    I guess I'm just paranoid about it. The reps comment and reading some people's experiences makes me regret ordering in the store. My wife says I'm being crazy, I asked her "and if it was your precious iphone?" she grabbed her phone and walked out of the room.
    11-23-2015 09:57 PM