open box?!

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
The store will open it for you, unless you ask them not to. Then yes, there is a clear sticker as a seal.

I went to the store to pick mine up but the hadn't unpacked there shipment, I was on my lunch break so I said okay I'll come back later. The reps comment just didn't sit right with me after I said I was waiting for the 950, I been waiting to get my hands on that phone when it came in. Maybe I'm crazy but I've heard too many crazy stories from others receiving a used handset.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it's almost impossible to get a "used" unit... at most, the store opened it to check it out, and boxed it back up. But yes, a "sealed" and unopened box would have a non-broken sticker, but the store would also open it and place the sim in the phone.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
it's almost impossible to get a "used" unit... at most, the store opened it to check it out, and boxed it back up. But yes, a "sealed" and unopened box would have a non-broken sticker, but the store would also open it and place the sim in the phone.

Why would they put the sim if I can use the same one I had before?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
in store? force of habit maybe? in store, it comes up as "phone setup" and may appear on the receipt (i swapped to a secure sim last year and despite the $0 cost, it was a service placed on the receipt)

When i previously bought phones at a physical location (my ex was an iphone junkie) the sim was in place BEFORE they brought it out to me, as in, already in the phone. one time, i specifically requested a sim not be placed and received a sealed box.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
in store? force of habit maybe? in store, it comes up as "phone setup" and may appear on the receipt (i swapped to a secure sim last year and despite the $0 cost, it was a service placed on the receipt)

When i previously bought phones at a physical location (my ex was an iphone junkie) the sim was in place BEFORE they brought it out to me, as in, already in the phone. one time, i specifically requested a sim not be placed and received a sealed box.

I guess I'm just paranoid about it. The reps comment and reading some people's experiences makes me regret ordering in the store. My wife says I'm being crazy, I asked her "and if it was your precious iphone?" she grabbed her phone and walked out of the room.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos