On my L920 with 8.X there are two features that are very important to me...

1. When I pin a contact to the start screen (as a Live Tile) whenever I receive ANY type of message from this contact a counter is shown on the tile
    2. When viewing a contact, I can see all history with that contact on one of the carousel views.

I read somewhere that this was no longer available in WM10, so I updated my L920 to WM10 and it looks like this is true.

I hope I am doing something wrong, or I will need to cancel my 950XL order as this is one of the differentiators from the other OS's I used the most.

Is this really the case? Has anyone heard if this will be brought back?

Thanks
    Jean-Paul Aumais likes this.
    11-24-2015 10:05 AM
    Hello,

I jusf receive my new Microsoft 950XL with Windows Mobile 10 and I can confirm that this great feature of Contact Hub with history is not working.

I'm returning my phone even if it's a superb unit... The missing feature is unbelievable since it was a main feature.
    11-27-2015 12:38 PM
    1. When I pin a contact to the start screen (as a Live Tile) whenever I receive ANY type of message from this contact a counter is shown on the tile.
    The only counter that shows is on the actual messaging tile. Nothing shows up on the pinned contact tile.

2. When viewing a contact, I can see all history with that contact on one of the carousel views.
    I can confirm that this no longer exists. Can't speak if it's coming back or not, but it is not on my Lumia 950.
    11-27-2015 03:30 PM
    Those features in particular, and Live Tiles in general, were the one items that non-WP users were really impressed with when I showed them my 920 or 1520.
    As others have said, MS has been trying to move towards a standardized UI (e.g. Hamburger menus), so perhaps they removed them to be consistent with the static icons of the other OS's... <sarcasm> :)
    11-27-2015 04:42 PM