12-21-2015 10:46 AM
121 12345
tools
    Thank you. Very interesting. A 950, non-XL? Did you ever get the notice of delay email the rest of us did? Express or standard shipping?

I'm in Ottawa too. Ordered on the 16th, paid for express shipping, label created but never arrived at UPS.

This gives me a little hope.
    950. Yes on the delay message (See above). Standard shipping. I will add that I got the email at 1:10 in the morning, which I thought was weird. I doubt anything about my order was unique, so check your email in the morning.
    11-30-2015 10:53 PM
    Cool, thanks. Let us know once you have it in hand. Enjoy.
    11-30-2015 10:57 PM
    You know, if alphaswift gets his 950 from the 18th w/standard shipping before those of us that ordered on the 16th with express shipping I'm going to be rightly annoyed and be sure to type a sternly worded post!

I received an email from a sales rep relating to my open case (lack of shipping) saying it's going to be shipping soon but will take 5-7 business days.

This is to provide you an update regarding your order Microsoft Lumia 950. The package is being ship.
    We are now processing the shipment and the delivery may take within 5-7 business.
    Steve WWW likes this.
    12-01-2015 12:05 PM
    You know, if alphaswift gets his 950 from the 18th w/standard shipping before those of us that ordered on the 16th with express shipping I'm going to be rightly annoyed and be sure to type a sternly worded post!
    Got home from work and it's here.
    Steve WWW likes this.
    12-02-2015 05:23 PM
    Single or dual SIM?
    12-02-2015 05:49 PM
    Dual (nano). Had to run down to Rogers to get the nano SIM. Easy process, thankfully.
    Last edited by alphaswift; 12-02-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: explain
    12-02-2015 07:21 PM
    Got home from work and it's here.
    SERIOUSLY? I absolutely love how they have treated the people who ordered first and paid extra for fast shipping.

Mind boggling that they haven't simply worked these orders on a FIFO basis. Making me consider just cancelling the order.
    12-03-2015 06:06 AM
    Just got my shipping notification email at 1:20pm this afternoon. I pre-ordered on Nov 17th. Didn't pay extra for express shipping, but am sure hoping it makes it here by tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend!
    12-03-2015 03:36 PM
    I just got a notification of a refund on my order that was made "at my request", but i made no such request. I pre-ordered on November 16th. This is frustrating, after 45 minutes on the phone with MS, my "case has been escalated".
    Last edited by piecho; 12-03-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    12-03-2015 05:26 PM
    Wow, this is turning into a bit of a gong-show.

Still haven't heard anything new regarding my order on Nov16 +express shipping.
    12-03-2015 06:20 PM
    Just bought a 950 unlocked from the MS store here in Calgary. It's dual SIM. They only have black for the 950. The XL they have in both White or Black.
    12-03-2015 06:42 PM
    I just got a notification of a refund on my order that was made "at my request", but i made no such request. I pre-ordered on November 16th. This is frustrating, after 45 minutes on the phone with MS, my "case has been escalated".
    Any update? I just got the same email. I too did *not* request a refund. Also the refund amount is short about $11 from what I had originally been billed. WTF!
    12-03-2015 08:04 PM
    Refund notice here as well, what the hell is going on? wow!

I still have a tracking number so... with how it's been going so far, it wouldn't shock me to still have a phone show up and my money back.

also, my refund email is about $11 short of what I was billed.
    12-03-2015 08:09 PM
    Was your refund for the correct amount? Had you paid for express shipping? I wonder why my refund is short.
    12-03-2015 08:10 PM
    Yeah, paid for express and just a hair over $11 off.
    12-03-2015 08:13 PM
    OK, me too. Sounds like they refunded us the cost of the phone without refunding the express shipping upcharge. Incompetent.
    12-03-2015 08:15 PM
    The fact that others are getting these emails, its short shipping costs, and we still have a tracking label makes me think this some back end system manipulation where they aren't actually going to refund but had to place a new order to initiate the shipping and thus require "refunding" the old order and balance the books.

Someone else said a while ago that they received a call shortly after their shipping notice where the MS rep said there was a problem with the order. They then cancelled it and placed a new one that would ship by the 14th. So I imagine this is some similar order system housekeeping.
    Last edited by seldzar; 12-04-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    12-03-2015 08:24 PM
    Just received my Lumia 950 shipping confirmation. I pre-ordered on 16th November, the order was cancelled and re-submitted on 25th November. It usually takes two or three days for the packages to arrive in my distant backwater Canadian locale (across the water from Microsoft HQ -- I'm in Victoria, BC).

Can't wait to received it, even if it barely works and has lots of bugs, as reported in these forums. Will fall back to a BLU Win HD LTE rocking 8.1 if there are any problems.
    12-04-2015 10:12 AM
    Does your shipping notification say more than "waiting for UPS"?

I still haven't seen any change in mine, no new email since the "refund" email last night. As well there is no return charge pending on my CC as of a few minutes ago.

I'm curious on the results of piecho's "escalated" case.
    12-04-2015 10:40 AM

I still haven't seen any change in mine, no new email since the "refund" email last night. As well there is no return charge pending on my CC as of a few minutes ago.

I'm curious on the results of piecho's "escalated" case.
    No update yet - I haven't heard anything.

When I ordered by Band 2 in last month I also had shipping issues where they sent it out too early and the shipment was redirected to MS offices in Bellevue. When that case was escalated to "Microsoft Global Escalation Services" it took 2 days to get a response from them (they refunded my purchase, I had to place a new order online, contact them back with my order number to be moved up in priority). I suspect for the 950, I'll probably hear from them on Tuesday and have to do the same thing.
    Last edited by piecho; 12-04-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    12-04-2015 11:17 AM

The order was shipped with FedEx and the order status at microststore.com says "order complete." That's consistent with when I ordered my Surface Pro 4: a UPS shipping label was generated and the state was "waiting for UPS," but the package arrived via FedEx. The Microsoft Store order state was "waiting for UPS" the whole time (I was starting to wonder what was wrong with UPS when FedEx delivered the SP4). Somewhat bizarre.

However, the FedEx web site reports the package status as "Shipment information sent to FedEx," so it's too soon to count my chickens.
    Last edited by Steve WWW; 12-04-2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Correct the name of shipping service used.
    12-04-2015 11:37 AM
    I got my shipment notification yesterday and the phone arrived at my office today. I ordered on Nov 22. I bought one in store on the 29th and tried to cancel this to no avail. So now I have two of them They are both the dual sim models. I will return the second one as I am very happy with the one I picked up in store.
    12-04-2015 01:14 PM
    My shipping notification arrived yesterday, I pre-ordered on the Nov. 16th

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry
    12-04-2015 02:28 PM
    My shipping notification arrived yesterday, I pre-ordered on the Nov. 16th
    But you had your original order from the 16th cancelled, right? Then did you end up with a 2nd order#, and 2nd tracking#, or did your first tracking# from the original order just light up with tracking details?
    12-04-2015 02:35 PM
    I just received a customer service email saying my shipping should have been refunded already and my order has shipped.

I don't know if they're just not remembering whats happening and think the UPS tracking number on my order has shipped or they've created a new order for me and didn't bother to tell me of a new tracking number.

My tracking number still shows Ready For UPS. My bank shows no pending charges/refunds and I have no new tracking number or shipping email.
    12-04-2015 02:46 PM
121 12345