12-21-2015 11:46 AM
121 ... 2345
tools
    The fact that others are getting these emails, its short shipping costs, and we still have a tracking label makes me think this some back end system manipulation where they aren't actually going to refund but had to place a new order to initiate the shipping and thus require "refunding" the old order and balance the books.

Someone else said a while ago that they received a call shortly after their shipping notice where the MS rep said there was a problem with the order. They then cancelled it and placed a new one that would ship by the 14th. So I imagine this is some similar order system housekeeping.
    I actually got a refund on my credit card yesterday. So I think that I will need to initiate a new order like piecho said (and the exact thing I had to do to get my Band 2 as well) again to get my hands on a Lumia 950.
    12-04-2015 07:46 PM
    It is my order from the 16th. It turns out my pre authorization for a PayPal transfer was cancelled, I'm not sure why. I didn't do it. Then I received an email ( on the 27th) from Microsoft saying there is a delay in shipping and the phone will ship on Dec 14. But now it will arrive on the 8th.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry
    12-04-2015 07:55 PM
    I actually got a refund on my credit card yesterday. So I think that I will need to initiate a new order like piecho said (and the exact thing I had to do to get my Band 2 as well) again to get my hands on a Lumia 950.
    Do you live in a city with a Microsoft store? You can get them right from the store.
    12-04-2015 08:25 PM
    I received mine in the mail today; shipped yesterday and received it today.

Pretty happy so far with my Lumia 950 :)
    12-04-2015 09:19 PM
    It is my order from the 16th. It turns out my pre authorization for a PayPal transfer was cancelled, I'm not sure why. I didn't do it. Then I received an email ( on the 27th) from Microsoft saying there is a delay in shipping and the phone will ship on Dec 14. But now it will arrive on the 8th.

Did you get one of the refund emails some of us received yesterday?
    12-04-2015 09:56 PM
    Do you live in a city with a Microsoft store? You can get them right from the store.
    I really wish I were, I would have gone the first day and gotten it...
    12-04-2015 10:57 PM
    I wasn't billed until the 3rd when they shipped it.

12-05-2015 12:10 AM
    So this morning I woke up to a new "order confirmation" email from Microsoft however it has the same order number as my previous order.

I see a refund on my CC now for 846.37 however my original purchase was 857.66.

This new order is for 857.66 as well, so if they process the charge for this new order for 857.66, i'll have paid for shipping twice. I've got my fingers crossed that they won't be so dumb and that it ships next week.
    12-05-2015 09:48 AM
    So this morning I woke up to a new "order confirmation" email from Microsoft however it has the same order number as my previous order.

I see a refund on my CC now for 846.37 however my original purchase was 857.66.

This new order is for 857.66 as well, so if they process the charge for this new order for 857.66, i'll have paid for shipping twice. I've got my fingers crossed that they won't be so dumb and that it ships next week.
    In that case I would only wait and see. And as soon as the 950 is on your hands, send them a mail and ask them to refund the two shipping charges.
    12-05-2015 10:32 AM
    Absolutely, however this will be a call and request to speak too a supervisor if it goes that route. I've had too many questionable interactions with them via chat/email to really trust it will be done.

Now, if it's just the 1 shipping charge, I don't care enough to bother.
    12-05-2015 11:30 AM
    Update: I phoned customer service yesterday, they told me my case had been resolved (all without telling me). My order was cancelled. I still haven't received a believable reason why. And on top of that, there was nothing they could do for me. I'm still in disbelief at the lack of respect they are showing me (no rationale as for why this happened, no follow-ups, nothing done to rectify the situation).

Not sure what to do from here but wait.
    12-05-2015 11:59 AM
    Update: I phoned customer service yesterday, they told me my case had been resolved (all without telling me). My order was cancelled. I still haven't received a believable reason why. And on top of that, there was nothing they could do for me. I'm still in disbelief at the lack of respect they are showing me (no rationale as for why this happened, no follow-ups, nothing done to rectify the situation).

I get the feeling that none of sales teams have any idea whats going on with these and that there is a completely separate back end team dealing with resolving this. There is no other way to explain the conflicting, disjointed, and outright inaccurate statements we get from customer service while stuff "magically" happens behind the scenes that they're oblivious to.

Also, it would make sense with how slowly and oddly things are progressing. Assign a small shipping team to "fix" hundreds or possibly thousands of orders and you get this "little bit of progress" every day.

It's almost like a staged deployment:

Stage 1: Alert the customer to problems, provide compensation and ETA.
    Stage 2: Refund all broken orders
    Stage 3: Process new orders for affected customers.
    Stage 4: Ship new orders and provide new tracking or use existing tracking.

In the middle of all that you get new orders being fulfilled in between since they aren't part of this staged recovery.

All of this without any communication to the customer or at least, a coherent consistent message provided to the first line employees to ensure that the customer is handled with confidence to make the process slow but smooth.

As for your case being resolved without telling you, that fits right into the poor communication. I'm betting your case was escalated to someone who actually knows whats going on and they were told "don't worry about it, we're going through a process to get this taken care of, he's on the list, close the case"
    12-05-2015 12:32 PM

Customer service, both Chat and Phone (wasted more than enough time there...) of the Microsoft store is unfortunately very limited in knowledge and actions. And I think they are simply overwhelmed by the workload they have at the moment. This launch (950, 950XL) in the united states and canada was just a big catastrophy, too little stock, too late, questionable CRTC problems.

I will wait until Tuesday, when I am supposed to get a call about that and if it does not work out, I will get my 950 somewhere else.
    12-05-2015 12:36 PM
    I haven't heard anything since the partial refund "at my request" (not), notification. Like you guys I think it'll do more harm than good to contact customer service. I'm going to ride it out for a few days and see if a phone magically appears between now and the 14th. If not, I'll make the dreaded call on the 15th.

It's not right treating your most loyal customers like this, just because we opted in, full ticket, as early as possible.

My L950 Essentials Bundle, ordered a couple days ago, has shipped though. I'll end up getting that long before the phone itself.

@WindowsCentral - I wish someone from your end could reach out to MS to request a comment on this
    12-05-2015 05:22 PM
    My 950 order placed on Nov 16th, regular shipping, arrived on Friday at 4:40PM via UPS. Shipping took about a day and a half.

BTW, it's dual SIM.
    12-06-2015 02:44 PM
    Did you get your original shipping notice on the 24th, get the "delayed until the 14th" email, or have a refund processed etc. like the rest of us?
    12-06-2015 09:35 PM
    It's been 3 days since I received my "new order" email (same info as original order) and still nothing has happened.

Anyone else with Nov 16th orders have any updates? Did you see a refund? Did you get a new order email?

sigh
    12-08-2015 11:55 AM
    I saw the partial refund ($11 short) show up on my CC today. I have not received a "new order" email, nor any subsequent calls or emails since the refund "at your request" email on the 3rd.

My original UPS tracking number from the 24th is still just showing as "label has been created". My original order status is showing "Complete".

Totally in the dark here...
    12-08-2015 12:02 PM
    So my L950 Essentials Bundle officially arrived today... It sure would be nice to have a phone to use it with.
    12-09-2015 05:53 PM
    After I placed my order on the night of the 16th, I did get "ships by Nov 25th" on my order page which never updated. Then I got a "delayed until Dec 14th" email, never got a phone call. I paid through Paypal, and on the Paypal account I did get a refund and re-billing around Dec 3. Around 2pm Dec 3 I got an email saying my 950 shipped. It arrived 4pm Dec 4th.
    12-09-2015 06:50 PM
    Mine finally arrived today. I'm setting it up now, but it got too hot and had to turn off for a while.

12-09-2015 11:27 PM
    la la la la, still no email about shipping, no tracking number change or movement and a MS store supervisor who answered the question: Will they use the same tracking number or provide a new one with "meh, they might send you an email, they might use the same one or create another, i don't know or care, we'll find out when they ship it"

I'm paraphrasing of course, however I'm glad you guys have your phones.
    12-10-2015 08:14 AM
    I am in the same boat as you, seldzar. But I decided to order the phone from b&h since my chat on Tuesday with MS support was inconclusive. It is supposed to arrive Friday or Monday (was shipped yesterday). I think bh sells international versions, so I will report when I get it, if it works here and if there are any issues (wrong network names etc).
    12-10-2015 08:46 AM
    Good luck Jaygss.

I checked B&H and with duties and conversion the price would be the same. What I did find interesting is that the phone is available in white there.

At this point I wouldn't care if the phone was white or black from MS, just send me the damn thing.
    12-10-2015 09:00 AM
    Welp, another response from CS support with yet more unhelpful responses. It's like this person and the supervisor i've been emailing haven't even been talking or logging any of my responses:

This was the gist of the email:
    I was monitoring your order and it shows that your order has been returned and refunded.
    I apologize for the inconvenience you have face.

Fantastic. I've replied with screenshots and details and requested further escalation. Still no movement or updates of anything other than these silly interactions.

I still have this small piece of hope that someone somewhere knows whats going on and that it will be taken care of as they said.
    12-11-2015 07:06 PM
121 ... 2345